News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Rotala Management - Questions & Answers

Started by Simon Dunn, August 28, 2013, 06:28:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Simon Dunn

Quote from: bususer12 on March 22, 2023, 03:03:09 PMThanks for taking a look, you may also want to have a look at Driver 13851, I received a recycled ticket issued 15 mins before I boarded and another passenger paid cash and didn't get a ticket at all. So if your cash fares for the 17 from Dudley 14.20 is low that may explain it as nether went through your ticket machine
Thank you .  We will pull the CCTV

IMarkeh

Hi Simon, Given your and Rotalas strong views against franchising, including going to court in a bid to stop it, I have to ask why is Diamond always supporting Andy Burnhams photoshoots? Now having a Diamond bus in the 'Bee Network' livery and doing promotion on your social medias for franchising.

I agree with you trying to stop the franchising and support the efforts that you went to to try and put a stop to it but now it seems that your views can be easily swayed with a little bit of money rather than sticking to your guns.

Simon Dunn

Our view on Franchising hasn't changed.  I do not think it is the correct route for the bus market.  That doesn't mean there aren't strengths and weaknesses of Franchising.  Our position through the JR was that the the proposition wasn't fully costed, post the decision the economic reports were not of a quality to rely upon and did not meet the required standard, and we did not believe the partnership approach was properly evaluated.  There were technical arguments around process, but as I am sure you know the judge rejected and ruled against our position.

Now that decision has been taken.  It is time to move on.  We either want an ongoing business or we don't.  We chose to embrace and participate in what is coming next.

twbc99

Hi Simon,

Thank you for continuing the offer on the zone B day ticket with Chaserider and Select which I took advantage of recently. Couple of things that got me wondering on the trip out:
On 31422 there is a second ticketer machine next to the doors. What is this for? 
What's happening in regards to the rebranding of vehicles in Burton? I haven't noticed any more repainted vehicles after 31428 returned.

Simon Dunn

Quote from: twbc99 on April 01, 2023, 07:56:17 PMHi Simon,

Thank you for continuing the offer on the zone B day ticket with Chaserider and Select which I took advantage of recently. Couple of things that got me wondering on the trip out:
On 31422 there is a second ticketer machine next to the doors. What is this for?
What's happening in regards to the rebranding of vehicles in Burton? I haven't noticed any more repainted vehicles after 31428 returned.
I presume by the Second ticket machine you are referring to the tap on/ tap off reader.  When the fleet stabilises we will complete the outstanding vehicles so all the Burton fleet has these readers, at which point we will introduce this across the services.  

In terms of rebranding

* Immediate focus is on Euro 6 compliance from 01/05/23 across the West Midlands
* This will displace a number of vehicles out of the Diamond Bus fleet, we will assess which we want to deploy into Burton
* Of the 6 x 15 plate Volvo deckers, a numbers will be deployed to Burton, so we will remove the older ones and either sell or scrap.  

Once this is stable and we understand the long term fleet we will then have capacity to repaint other vehicles.

Simon

Westy

Morning Simon 

Looks like your buses with the display screens in(certainly the ones used on the 31/ 32 in Walsall!) are still on Gmt rather than Bst!

In other words, it's 6am when it should be 7am!

Dutsey

Just a quick question what's happening with the Midland Classic livery will it be the same as Diamond West Midlands livery or will there be a change in the colour of the Diamond like North West being green could East Midlands be green.

Simon Dunn

Quote from: Dutsey on April 03, 2023, 07:50:36 PMJust a quick question what's happening with the Midland Classic livery will it be the same as Diamond West Midlands livery or will there be a change in the colour of the Diamond like North West being green could East Midlands be green.
The colour will be the same as the West Midlands

Westy

Quote from: Westy on April 03, 2023, 07:05:57 AMMorning Simon

Looks like your buses with the display screens in(certainly the ones used on the 31/ 32 in Walsall!) are still on Gmt rather than Bst!

In other words, it's 6am when it should be 7am!
Still the same. 

Is this being looked at?

WWH44L

Hi Simon, as there are two streetdecks in the new Bee Network livery, is the plan to repaint more on a weekly basis between now and September? If so, are any other type of vehicle to be repainted ?

Cheers

Simon Dunn

Quote from: Westy on April 05, 2023, 06:58:45 AMStill the same.

Is this being looked at?
You will see this start to correct over the next 24 hours

Simon Dunn

Quote from: WWH44L on April 05, 2023, 10:35:40 AMHi Simon, as there are two streetdecks in the new Bee Network livery, is the plan to repaint more on a weekly basis between now and September? If so, are any other type of vehicle to be repainted ?

Cheers
We have been agreed to paint most of the vehicles being sold as part of Franchising Tranche 1.  So potentially yes.

EK40

good morning,
noticed that all of diamond east midlands hasnt been tracking since atleast last tuesday,made it slightly harder to travel into burton on thursday lol

Simon Dunn

Quote from: EK40 on April 09, 2023, 02:23:22 PMgood morning,
noticed that all of diamond east midlands hasnt been tracking since atleast last tuesday,made it slightly harder to travel into burton on thursday lol
I will get someone to look at why

Martin

Hi Simon could you possibly get someone at Kidderminster garage to look at the destination blinds on 30050 as I was on 30050 from Redditch at 15:31 and when we arrived into Bromsgrove there were people waiting to go to Redditch and thought that 30050 was going to Redditch but was going to Kidderminster and the driver said 4 times that he was going to Kidderminster and no one was listening and started to get abusive language from them even though he said the blinds were not working correctly.

Many Thanks.

Martin.
National Express Buses in photographs. https://www.facebook.com/groups/Martin.Morris25/members/

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk