News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Walsall Garage

Started by Nathan4775, April 06, 2012, 06:52:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sandwell & Dudley train bridge oh what joy that is, so many times since the signage change i,ve been caught out running private to Oldbury/Blackheath then having to stop at the Railway inn pub and turn around great fun in peak traffic, i now leave garage avoiding the hateful BROMFORD  lane all together, to West Brom i use west bromwich street avoiding that corner. I still see HGV vehicle still go under that bridge.
Since Monday in Oldbury road works have started impacting on traffic quite badly the 4s could do with double deckers now

Rachvince53

I know it's fine but the other bridge which unnerves me is the Broad Street bridge under the railway in Wolverhampton.  Its the contrast of riding over the canal bridge and then the sharp dip to get under the railway!

WalsallBuses2007

Anyone know why 29 allocation now is mostly e200s. It can barely cope on PM runs as they always leave passengers to wait for the next one until around 5pm. Now AM its not as bad as from what i can recall there is 2 Double deckers which then go off eithier on school runs or onto different route, how come this is not the case on the afternoon are there no spare double deckers in the afternoon due to school runs or PM peaks in birmingham. Surely, they could at least make the 29 back to full-size single decker

Just like to point out im sure there is a valid reason to this im not having a pop at the garage itself but as a local who uses this route daily its just an observation and i think is a viable question to ask

Westy

Quote from: WalsallBuses2007 on February 16, 2023, 05:00:50 PMAnyone know why 29 allocation now is mostly e200s. It can barely cope on PM runs as they always leave passengers to wait for the next one until around 5pm. Now AM its not as bad as from what i can recall there is 2 Double deckers which then go off eithier on school runs or onto different route, how come this is not the case on the afternoon are there no spare double deckers in the afternoon due to school runs or PM peaks in birmingham. Surely, they could at least make the 29 back to full-size single decker

Just like to point out im sure there is a valid reason to this im not having a pop at the garage itself but as a local who uses this route daily its just an observation and i think is a viable question to ask
It's a shame the Nx share of the 31/32 can't be double deckers,in the evening peaks as when I catch them,  they get rammed pretty quickly.

You have to hope an X51 turns up, to relieve the pressure (but not much!).

WalsallBuses2007

QuoteIt's a shame the Nx share of the 31/32 can't be double deckers,in the evening peaks as when I catch them, they get rammed pretty quickly.
QuoteYou have to hope an X51 turns up, to relieve the pressure (but not much!).

With The 29 wouldnt be so bad if 1 double decker would be on like we had before peak board at 3pm finished at 19:30 but i think that god took off due to ASB is the mostly the reasons the 29s have gone to mostly e200s now instead of full size single deckers

PB50

Looks like 4125 was being used as a training bus this morning when I saw it coming down Ablewell St heading towards town.

PB2938

Quote from: PB50 on February 17, 2023, 12:49:28 PMLooks like 4125 was being used as a training bus this morning when I saw it coming down Ablewell St heading towards town.

Yes the training school use service buses for Service drivers CPC training. 
952A Rugeley
Via Great Barr,  Walsall, Cheslyn Hay, Cannock, Heath Hayes and Hednesford

PB2938

Quote from: WalsallBuses2007 on February 16, 2023, 05:00:50 PMAnyone know why 29 allocation now is mostly e200s. It can barely cope on PM runs as they always leave passengers to wait for the next one until around 5pm. Now AM its not as bad as from what i can recall there is 2 Double deckers which then go off eithier on school runs or onto different route, how come this is not the case on the afternoon are there no spare double deckers in the afternoon due to school runs or PM peaks in birmingham. Surely, they could at least make the 29 back to full-size single decker

Just guessing so can be easily swapped for 19 36 77A if an E200 breaks down on them routes.

The 77 could do with E200 and the 29 has B7RLE  from there. 
952A Rugeley
Via Great Barr,  Walsall, Cheslyn Hay, Cannock, Heath Hayes and Hednesford

Westy

Quote from: PB2938 on February 17, 2023, 04:10:09 PMYes the training school use service buses for Service drivers CPC training.
It was on the 159 St Francis Of Assisi service this afternoon,  as I saw it in Bloxwich!

PB50

I've just seen 1432 training bus coming along Bridge St quite quickly. Surely they wasn't training a driver at that speed 🤣🤣

Tony

Quote from: PB50 on February 18, 2023, 03:07:42 PMI've just seen 1432 training bus coming along Bridge St quite quickly. Surely they wasn't training a driver at that speed 🤣🤣
The vehicle is privately owned

PB50

Quote from: Tony on February 18, 2023, 04:01:39 PMThe vehicle is privately owned
Oh I see. Thanks for that.

Westy

Clanger dropped by the 2143 driver on the 9 this evening, according to my sister,  as he accidentally turned into Pooles Lane, thinking he was a 41!

Bob

Is there an issue with the X51? 1m12 hasnt turmed up, nothing cannock bound showing on bustimes apart from 1 red e400 headed for cannock at perry barr. Would there setiously be a 90 min plus gap?

Trident 4194

Quote from: Bob on March 17, 2023, 01:11:45 PMIs there an issue with the X51? 1m12 hasnt turmed up, nothing cannock bound showing on bustimes apart from 1 red e400 headed for cannock at perry barr. Would there setiously be a 90 min plus gap?
There was a omnilink being hitched up in Birmingham about 10:30 having been on the 997

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk