News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Coventry Garage

Started by 6013, July 22, 2013, 02:36:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dennis Dart Plaxton Pointer

Quote from: Danthebusman on March 06, 2023, 11:10:07 AM2173 tracking today for first time in nearly a year
Has been out in service. Just an issue with the tracker

JPC

A few DVSA registrations have recently appeared which indicates the following changes (to commence 23rd April)...

Service 7A - renumbered as 7, no change to timetable.
Service 15 - The Whitmore Park arm of service 13 is renumbered 15.
Services 2, 13/13A (Willenhall) and 19 - amended timetables.

Coventrybususer95

Quote from: JPC on March 07, 2023, 11:23:03 PMA few DVSA registrations have recently appeared which indicates the following changes (to commence 23rd April)...

Interesting anyone know if the 15 will pick up outside the car museum or will it be like it is now also does anyone know what the timetable charges to the 2 will be
All views are my own and does not represent the views of any company/ business that i maybe be working with

paulb1973

Quote from: JPC on March 07, 2023, 11:23:03 PMA few DVSA registrations have recently appeared which indicates the following changes (to commence 23rd April)...

Throwback to the past for Whitmore Park, 15 was the number used here until April 1985.

Coventrybususer95

So the 9,17,20A are the only services running during the stikes

Does anyone know if the x30 and the school routes are contracted to national express
All views are my own and does not represent the views of any company/ business that i maybe be working with

Quote from: Coventrybususer95 on March 11, 2023, 08:20:04 AMSo the 9,17,20A are the only services running during the stikes

Does anyone know if the x30 and the school routes are contracted to national express
No NXC buses on Sundays to then. The limited 7am -7pm service only runs Monday to Saturdays.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

JPC

Quote from: Coventrybususer95 on March 11, 2023, 08:20:04 AMSo the 9,17,20A are the only services running during the stikes

So just a handful of duties planned to operate during the strike and I appreciate the need for the Hospital links, however I am at a loss as to why they are effectively 'wasting a bus' by operating the 9 all the way to Finham, the Stagecoach 60 service amply provides a link from Finham and Styvechale to UHCW.  This bus could have been utilised better if it headed elsewhere i.e Tile Hill or any other vast area where there is no nearby routes provided by other operators.

Coventrybususer95

Quote from: JPC on March 11, 2023, 07:58:53 PMSo just a handful of duties planned to operate during the strike and I appreciate the need for the Hospital links, however I am at a loss as to why they are effectively 'wasting a bus' by operating the 9 all the way to Finham, the Stagecoach 60 service amply provides a link from Finham and Styvechale to UHCW.  This bus could have been utilised better if it headed elsewhere i.e Tile Hill or any other vast area where there is no nearby routes provided by other operators.
I did say that on there Facebook post just wished they kept the 4 going from tile hill south to UHCW

Jack6101

Quote from: Dennis Dart Plaxton Pointer on March 19, 2023, 07:25:04 PMRoutes now running from tomorrow
https://nxbus.co.uk/coventry/service-updates/strike-action
A few more routes then was planned last week hopefully a few more midlands routes can run 
Local routes
74-Dudley -great bridge-west Brom-soho road-hockey-Birmingham
87-Dudley-tividale-oldbury-smethick-Dudley road , city hosp, Birmingham
126-Dudley-Birchley island-bearwood-Birmingham
14- Dudley - Oakham -whiteheath- blackheath- Quinton - helsowen
14A- Dudley - Oakham ( city road ) - blackheath - oldhill - Cradley Heath- quarry bank - merry hill

stellasteve

Quote from: Dennis Dart Plaxton Pointer on March 19, 2023, 07:25:04 PMRoutes now running from tomorrow
https://nxbus.co.uk/coventry/service-updates/strike-action
Promising news even though my local routes aren't running - I just hope that people who would make non-essential journeys travel via alternative means where possible to free up seats for others who need it!

Danthebusman

Hope the 17 and 20A are non-tracking today since only NX buses (according to bus times) going to hospital is the 9 which is running hourly...

Coventrybususer95

Quote from: Danthebusman on March 20, 2023, 11:21:44 AMHope the 17 and 20A are non-tracking today since only NX buses (according to bus times) going to hospital is the 9 which is running hourly...
Seems like nothing is tracking now

Danthebusman

Quote from: Danthebusman on March 20, 2023, 11:21:44 AMHope the 17 and 20A are non-tracking today since only NX buses (according to bus times) going to hospital is the 9 which is running hourly...
Just seen 4772 on 17 so I reckon it's an issue with the timetables not being updated on bustimes causing buses to not track  

Tony

Quote from: Danthebusman on March 20, 2023, 03:37:05 PMJust seen 4772 on 17 so I reckon it's an issue with the timetables not being updated on bustimes causing buses to not track 
If course it is. It is special timetables. Buses have to match what is registered with dvsa for tracking to work 

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk