News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Rotala Management - Questions & Answers

Started by Simon Dunn, August 28, 2013, 06:28:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Simon Dunn

Quote from: BK63 YWP on February 09, 2023, 11:24:42 AMHello Simon

I noticed yesterday that the 226 branded streetlites are still advertising a 20 min frequency and no changes to the branding about the 226A. The rear destination display of the streetlite 20162 couldn't display the whole route number of the 226A.

Also I noticed (more TfWM doing) that the flags around swan lane stated the 25 and 226 with no mention of the 226A

Is there any plans to renumber the 226 to the 26/A as there aren't many 2** numbers around apart from the 223, 224, 229?

I have reported the destination issue to be rectified.  I am sure it will be a blind setting.  In terms of service numbers we have announced today that we are removing the 226.  What happens next will be down to whether or not TfWM have the budget and desire to subsidise a replacement service

Simon Dunn

Quote from: Cedric on February 09, 2023, 04:38:43 PMSimon
i was in the bus station and there where several buses had no front display,
or the display letters where broken up or very small. yet  the side displays
working fine
Cedric

I am not aware of a problem.  I will pick this up with the depot.  Thank you for letting me know.

Simon

WWH44L

Hi Simon

Do you know what is happening to streetdeck 40747 at Bolton! It's not tracked since 28th July last year.

Cheers
Jason

Simon Dunn

Quote from: WWH44L on February 14, 2023, 07:26:39 AMHi Simon

Do you know what is happening to streetdeck 40747 at Bolton! It's not tracked since 28th July last year.

Cheers
Jason
Jason

I am advised the vehicle should be back in service this week.  It has been VOR since November

Simon

Jack

Hi Simon, I caught the 61 the other day and noticed the following things:

- All stops on Halfords Lane all show out of use and have no timetables
- Walsall Road has had 424 removed off flags and timetables but nothing about the 61.
- Rocky Lane still has 424 on the flags.
- Old Walsall Road flags still have 46 on and nothing about the 61 serving it.
- Scott Arms terminus doesn't have a timetable or 61 on the flag.

Simon Dunn

Quote from: Jack on February 25, 2023, 05:25:49 PMHi Simon, I caught the 61 the other day and noticed the following things:

- All stops on Halfords Lane all show out of use and have no timetables
- Walsall Road has had 424 removed off flags and timetables but nothing about the 61.
- Rocky Lane still has 424 on the flags.
- Old Walsall Road flags still have 46 on and nothing about the 61 serving it.
- Scott Arms terminus doesn't have a timetable or 61 on the flag.
TfWM manage and control the bus stop information.  They are aware there are a large number of changes which need to be updated.  

WWH44L

Quote from: Simon Dunn on February 14, 2023, 10:45:13 AMJason

I am advised the vehicle should be back in service this week.  It has been VOR since November

Simon

Hi Simon,

Just noticed that someone has placed 40747 as withdrawn on Bus times.  Not sure if this is true based on your last reply but thought I'd double check with yourself as you can never trust bus times changes!

Jack6101

Hi Simon 
I've noticed today a new (second hand) bus on the 17 Bu16 UYC how many of these are you getting and will they be a spare West Midlands buses bus ? Am I right in thinking it's a Volvo B8RLE
Also any plans to amend the 42 branding still says Dudley on the side 
Thank you 
Local routes
74-Dudley -great bridge-west Brom-soho road-hockey-Birmingham
87-Dudley-tividale-oldbury-smethick-Dudley road , city hosp, Birmingham
126-Dudley-Birchley island-bearwood-Birmingham
14- Dudley - Oakham -whiteheath- blackheath- Quinton - helsowen
14A- Dudley - Oakham ( city road ) - blackheath - oldhill - Cradley Heath- quarry bank - merry hill

Jack D

The 25 (bromford circular) still doesn't have timetables on some stops and flags are not correct. 

Stu

Quote from: Jack D on March 01, 2023, 04:31:43 PMThe 25 (bromford circular) still doesn't have timetables on some stops and flags are not correct.

Please see Simon's earlier reply:

Quote from: Simon Dunn on February 28, 2023, 04:24:39 AMTfWM manage and control the bus stop information.  They are aware there are a large number of changes which need to be updated. 

My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Simon Dunn

Quote from: Jack6101 on March 01, 2023, 03:35:49 PMHi Simon
I've noticed today a new (second hand) bus on the 17 Bu16 UYC how many of these are you getting and will they be a spare West Midlands buses bus ? Am I right in thinking it's a Volvo B8RLE
Also any plans to amend the 42 branding still says Dudley on the side
Thank you
We have been waiting for dialogue with TfWM/ NX on the agreed future branding on the Partnership routes.  

The Volvo is a B8 and it is the only one we have acquired

AJC223

Hi Simon,

Today i witnessed a Preston bus Driver acting unprofessionally whilst behind the wheel of a company branded bus.

The driver driving 40516 - LX59 CSF at approximately 2:12/13pm at the Aqueduct street junction. On the 13:20 23 Bus Service.

He did a rude gesture to an oncoming driver which was causing no danger or risk to his or his passengers safety.

Simon Dunn

Quote from: AJC223 on March 06, 2023, 08:54:00 PMHi Simon,

Today i witnessed a Preston bus Driver acting unprofessionally whilst behind the wheel of a company branded bus.

The driver driving 40516 - LX59 CSF at approximately 2:12/13pm at the Aqueduct street junction. On the 13:20 23 Bus Service.

He did a rude gesture to an oncoming driver which was causing no danger or risk to his or his passengers safety.

Thank you.  I will see what has been captured on CCTV

Simon

Damo

Hi Simon. There is talk that the South East school routes won at Surrey County Council tendering last year (83/87 to Collingwood College) are being terminated after the Easter holidays, and currently out for emergency retendering. Are you able/willing to confirm if there's any truth in this? Thanks in advance.

Simon Dunn

Quote from: Damo on March 11, 2023, 04:27:27 PMHi Simon. There is talk that the South East school routes won at Surrey County Council tendering last year (83/87 to Collingwood College) are being terminated after the Easter holidays, and currently out for emergency retendering. Are you able/willing to confirm if there's any truth in this? Thanks in advance.
My understanding is that the indicated on bus takings bare no resemblance to reality, so we have taken the decision to terminate the services

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk