News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Rotala Management - Questions & Answers

Started by Simon Dunn, August 28, 2013, 06:28:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WWH44L

Hi Simon, is the allocation of branded Streetdecks in Bolton been abandoned? At least 38 vehicles are on other routes today and this has been happening for a good few weeks now.
Out of the nine on route 8 today, 6 vehicles are for other branded routes. 

Simon Dunn

Quote from: Cedric on January 18, 2023, 04:49:15 PMSorry Simon my i worded my post wrong
I was asking is in the east midlands area  midland classic (diamond east midlands} it says zone b tickets 
can be used on select and chaserider  services  i was just wondering if it is just a arrangement  between operators
or are they part of midland classic (diamond east midlands)
This is an arrangement between operators

Simon Dunn

Quote from: WWH44L on January 19, 2023, 01:35:55 PMHi Simon, is the allocation of branded Streetdecks in Bolton been abandoned? At least 38 vehicles are on other routes today and this has been happening for a good few weeks now.
Out of the nine on route 8 today, 6 vehicles are for other branded routes.
Post Christmas and factory reopening we have a number of bus issues which is causing this.  

Stu

Note to members:

This thread is specifically for asking questions which Simon Dunn will answer.

Members should use other threads if they want to discuss anything mentioned here.

Thank you all.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Trident 4194

@Simon Dunn are you reviewing the performance of the 002? It's a joke at the minute. I know it reduces your PVR and number of drivers needed but users are suffering the consequences. 

GoldenSquid

So I've done the 96 (airport side) twice this week, with drivers going different ways. Just wondering is there a reason why it doesn't share the X12 stop at the airport, as they go similar directions so it would make more sense.

Anyway, hopefully it gets a re-timetable as you can easily remove 5-10 minutes on the route between Airport and Chelmsley Wood. 
Local Routes: 14/71/72/94/95/96/97/X12/X13

Lukeee

Simon Dunn

Quote from: Trident 4194 on January 24, 2023, 09:37:23 AM@Simon Dunn are you reviewing the performance of the 002? It's a joke at the minute. I know it reduces your PVR and number of drivers needed but users are suffering the consequences.
We are reviewing the reliability.  We agree it isn't great and we are trying to establish why.  At present this doesn't work for the passengers or us.

The changes were done to realign the demand with usage.  However, it needs to be reliable

Simon Dunn

Quote from: GoldenSquid on January 24, 2023, 08:19:57 PMSo I've done the 96 (airport side) twice this week, with drivers going different ways. Just wondering is there a reason why it doesn't share the X12 stop at the airport, as they go similar directions so it would make more sense.

Anyway, hopefully it gets a re-timetable as you can easily remove 5-10 minutes on the route between Airport and Chelmsley Wood.
When have you caught the service?  I will look at what route each driver operated if you can advise

GoldenSquid

Quote from: Lukeee on January 24, 2023, 11:59:38 PMIt does share the stand with X12
On the Monday the driver stopped at the X12 stop, although on Tuesday I got told by the driver its the same stand as the X1 (as he showed me his timetable.

Quote from: Simon Dunn on January 25, 2023, 07:59:50 AMWhen have you caught the service?  I will look at what route each driver operated if you can advise

It was this service on Monday -  32317 - BD20 OCO – Diamond Bus – bustimes.org
and then this service on Tuesday -  32230 - SN68 AHW – Diamond Bus – bustimes.org

I'm not sure how the TfWM contracts work but the Tuesday journey could of had 8 minutes removed from the service as it waited at two stops for around 4 minutes. 
Local Routes: 14/71/72/94/95/96/97/X12/X13

Westy

Simon - You couldn't ask the driver of 21227 why he chose to miss out Dudleys Fields on the 1536 326 Bilston to Bloxwich tonight, especially as the bus served Dudleys Fields on other journeys, according to Bustimes.org?

There was a lady who normally gets off at Central Drive, at the back of the railway station, & the driver decided to continue along Sneyd Lane instead,  stopping instead at Broad Lane, to pick someone else up, at which point I told the lady to get off & walk down Parker Street instead!

(To be honest, I could've done with getting off at the station as well, as it's a short cut to the shopping precinct, rather than waiting at the Bell Lane lights, but I  stayed on to Bloxwich instead!)

He was actually on time at that point as well, so the only reason I could see for him missing out Dudleys Fields, was a longer wait time to turn right onto the estate from Broad Lane!

This also happened on the same journey on Friday(I think?) as well, but can't remember if it was the same driver or not & the lady stayed on the bus until Bloxwich that time.

Simon Dunn

Quote from: GoldenSquid on January 25, 2023, 03:36:30 PMOn the Monday the driver stopped at the X12 stop, although on Tuesday I got told by the driver its the same stand as the X1 (as he showed me his timetable.
It was this service on Monday -  32317 - BD20 OCO – Diamond Bus – bustimes.org
and then this service on Tuesday -  32230 - SN68 AHW – Diamond Bus – bustimes.org

I'm not sure how the TfWM contracts work but the Tuesday journey could of had 8 minutes removed from the service as it waited at two stops for around 4 minutes.
There is some conflicting information being given to our operational team and therefore our staff from TfWM.  We have picked this up with TfWM and are awaiting a response

Simon Dunn

Quote from: Westy on January 26, 2023, 04:58:02 PMSimon - You couldn't ask the driver of 21227 why he chose to miss out Dudleys Fields on the 1536 326 Bilston to Bloxwich tonight, especially as the bus served Dudleys Fields on other journeys, according to Bustimes.org?

There was a lady who normally gets off at Central Drive, at the back of the railway station, & the driver decided to continue along Sneyd Lane instead,  stopping instead at Broad Lane, to pick someone else up, at which point I told the lady to get off & walk down Parker Street instead!

(To be honest, I could've done with getting off at the station as well, as it's a short cut to the shopping precinct, rather than waiting at the Bell Lane lights, but I  stayed on to Bloxwich instead!)

He was actually on time at that point as well, so the only reason I could see for him missing out Dudleys Fields, was a longer wait time to turn right onto the estate from Broad Lane!

This also happened on the same journey on Friday(I think?) as well, but can't remember if it was the same driver or not & the lady stayed on the bus until Bloxwich that time.
We have reviewed the Ticket Machine tracking and we agree the driver missed part of the route.  The driver is a regular driver of the service.  He will be processed through our disciplinary process

ellspurs

Simon, are you aware that TfWM have 'helpfully' updated the service 96 timetables in bus shelters to remove the daytime journeys and only list the evening/Sunday journeys to the Airport?

I've just caught the service from the Fort to Burtons Way, and both stops were only showing the evening/Sunday timetable in them. It hasn't helped that there seems to be at least 1 maybe more buses not on route.

Thanks

Michael Bevan

Quote from: ellspurs on January 28, 2023, 02:25:41 PMSimon, are you aware that TfWM have 'helpfully' updated the service 96 timetables in bus shelters to remove the daytime journeys and only list the evening/Sunday journeys to the Airport?

I've just caught the service from the Fort to Burtons Way, and both stops were only showing the evening/Sunday timetable in them. It hasn't helped that there seems to be at least 1 maybe more buses not on route.

Thanks

I caught the 96 at 13:46 yesterday from Erdington to Kingstanding on 32125. The driver had said to me that he and the bus infront (32326) had both broken down in Kingstanding. 32125 had restarted service in Erdington at 13:46 towards Kingstanding after engineers had attended it.

On an additional note for @Simon Dunn the driver of 32125 yesterday on that 96 was brilliant! He was great with passengers, waiting for customers to sit down and making sure they were good before moving off and he was really helpful and informative to a family who were asking questions about the service. Even informing them of the missing bus due to the breakdown. He gave absolute brilliant customer service and is a credit to Diamond.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk