News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Coventry Garage

Started by 6013, July 22, 2013, 02:36:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

paulb1973

Quote from: craighu on January 22, 2023, 06:22:49 PMIf Bustimes is correct, then Coventry have no fewer than 4 Tridents in service today, which I think is pretty rare for a Sunday, especially with the influx of electrics. Can anyone confirm? Many thanks
I took a pic of 4576 on the 17 and at least one Wright Gemini today (Sunday).

craighu

Cheers Paul...am I  right in saying this is quite unusual at Cov 
these days?

paulb1973

Quote from: craighu on January 22, 2023, 06:53:37 PMCheers Paul...am I  right in saying this is quite unusual at Cov
these days?
Yes, quite unusual. Even seeing Wright Gemini double deckers has become quite rare. Looks like 4576 was on the 17.

Was on 6117 this monring heading towards fox & goose. 11:04 service from Acocks Green to Perry Barr. At Stechford Station it passed a blue coventry electric E076 that had come from Fox & Goose direction.
Not sure what it was doing there though?
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

18WilliamsLi

Quote from: 2206 on February 01, 2023, 12:20:51 PMWas on 6117 this monring heading towards fox & goose. 11:04 service from Acocks Green to Perry Barr. At Stechford Station it passed a blue coventry electric E076 that had come from Fox & Goose direction.
I just saw it on dudley Rd summerfield Park Tony hunter driving it I think

Tony

Quote from: 2206 on February 01, 2023, 12:20:51 PMWas on 6117 this monring heading towards fox & goose. 11:04 service from Acocks Green to Perry Barr. At Stechford Station it passed a blue coventry electric E076 that had come from Fox & Goose direction.
I was driving it around the full Outer Circle route with the top deck full of history students from Birmingham City University and Professor Carl Chinn MBE giving them the history of the Outer Circle, its landmarks and areas.

mesub

QuoteI was driving it around the full Outer Circle route with the top deck full of history students from Birmingham City University and Professor Carl Chinn MBE giving them the history of the Outer Circle, its landmarks and areas.

Mr. Fitchew was also there.

(From the nxwestmidlands Instagram)
23 - Bartley Green
76 - Northfield
X20 - Birmingham Via Longbridge, Northfield & QE Hospital / University

Quote from: mesub on February 01, 2023, 07:27:53 PMMr. Fitchew was also there.

(From the nxwestmidlands Instagram)
Looks like Washwood Heath Road where the 94 stops at St Agathas Road.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

ellspurs

Looking at Google you're correct (how I don't know) but notedly that isn't on the 11 route!

Quote from: ellspurs on February 01, 2023, 08:05:01 PMbut notedly that isn't on the 11 route!
Yes, took the 94 route out of city to join the 11 at fox & goose I think.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Tony

Quote from: 2206 on February 01, 2023, 08:09:56 PMYes, took the 94 route out of city to join the 11 at fox & goose I think.
That is correct. Everybody got on in Cardigan Street (on the 14 route) I then came out along Nechells Parkway, and Washwood Heath Road to the Fox & Goose, a full lap of the Outer Circle clockwise, then back to the University along Washwood Heath Road & Nechells parkway

windy miller

is EO 58 on loan to Walsall by any chance?   it was scheduled for use on the 997 route 
on the 30th?
Mind the Gap.....?:-)

Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Danthebusman

Interesting how the 5 gets DDs now when pretty much every bus I've seen on it has max 15 people on when there are routes like the 14/17/18/20A that have far more patronage, I'm a regular user of the 17 and the overcrowding can get a bit much with everyone crowding down the front of the bus and becomes a real nightmare with people having to get off for a second to let buggies on and off.

I also see the 14/18 getting just as crowded particularly at peak hours and the 20A obviously for making links all the way up Foleshill Rd until turning off towards Bell Green and eventually UHCW.

All in all, is not the best feeling being on an overcrowded B7RLE and you see an empty DD heading the other way. I know NX probably has their reasons for this and I'm not taking a dig at the garage, but is just something I wanted to get off my chest.

2/19 also get regular DDs especially with the DD 85 boards interworking and while I understand there are consistent workers trying to get to Torrington Ave and making links to Earlsdon (the 11 also exists there), and schoolkids going to Westwood Academy, I have still never seen a 2 or 19 jam packed full of people, same with the 5!

I'm curious as to what people think of this and like I said NX more than likely do have their reasons for this and I'm not cussing out the garage for no particular reason.

ellspurs

Is the 20A interworked with the 20B? If so, that is why they are single deckers.

The others I cannot comment on.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk