News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Walsall Garage

Started by Nathan4775, April 06, 2012, 06:52:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony

QuoteWhile I understand why interworking happens, why on certain problem routes, it is allowed to happen.

Take the 9 for instance, it's practically a 2 hour round trip, so why for the sake of a few minutes, it has to go onto another route, while a bus from another route takes up the next 9 journey going back the other way, with the risk of either bus running late on route at some point.?

Surely keeping to timetable ought to be a priority, rather than sending a bus off on a different route to save money?

If all the routes concerned are reliable, then fair enough, but we all know of routes that regularly have problems, for some reason.

The only thing that springs to mind, is with the driver shortage, swopping the buses between routes allows certain areas to get a bus at some point in the day!
If the interworking didn't happen the cost of the extra bus would put the route into loss making and you wouldn't have a service at all

PB2938

Quote from: BNH2004 on January 01, 2023, 03:55:32 PMLooking at bustimes 6,9,35,41 and 77 all interwork on Sunday Service
The 9 by itself can suffer serious delays by Bentley Bridge affecting reliability then the bus cant catch up time . This has happened in the past.

When the 9 comes in at 1103 then switches to a 35 for 1115 departure it stands a better chance of catching up time.
952A Rugeley
Via Great Barr,  Walsall, Cheslyn Hay, Cannock, Heath Hayes and Hednesford

the trainbasher

To be fair, sometimes what may seem illogical interworking makes sense, similar to when Arriva interworked the 229 with the 545, the 545 with the 82 and the 82 with the 208 back in the Wednesfield days.

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

PB50

Quote from: BNH2004 on January 01, 2023, 03:55:32 PMLooking at bustimes 6,9,35,41 and 77 all interwork on Sunday Service
The 37 used to interact with the 41 on a Sunday. Wonder what that is interacting with. Is the 41 going to carry on interacting with the 8 service during the week?

PB2938

Quote from: PB50 on January 01, 2023, 10:43:38 PMThe 37 used to interact with the 41 on a Sunday. Wonder what that is interacting with. Is the 41 going to carry on interacting with the 8 service during the week?
The 41 works with the 37 late journeys only.

During sunday the 37 interworks with a new extra service 34E Walsall - Darlaston.

8/41 still the same Mon sat

Only the 8 and 10 on sunday are on there own boards on sunday.
952A Rugeley

Bus_user_jay

Do WA still operate the X15? New timetable on TFWM said operated by PB but 2113 is tracking on there at the moment?

Rachvince53

Quote from: Bus_user_jay on January 04, 2023, 04:42:42 PMDo WA still operate the X15? New timetable on TFWM said operated by PB but 2113 is tracking on there at the moment?
The TfWM info is wrong, the X15 is still a Walsall route. Unfortunately the info TfWM give on which garage operates which route isn't always correct. For instance despite DY 7 being a Wolves operation for several months until this month, they insisted that Pensnett operated it throughout. This is understandable when only one journey is operated by a different garage but ought to be accurate where the whole service is concerned. 

Bus_user_jay

Ah ok, thanks for that

Westy

Noting mention of 2111 on the 39, I spotted an Eclipse 2 on the 37 around 4pm coming into Willenhall. 

Looking at Bustimes.org, there's currently 2116 & 2142 on there!

I normally see Scanias on there!

PB50

Quote from: Westy on January 17, 2023, 06:10:05 PMNoting mention of 2111 on the 39, I spotted an Eclipse 2 on the 37 around 4pm coming into Willenhall.

Looking at Bustimes.org, there's currently 2116 & 2142 on there!

I normally see Scanias on there!
I've noticed eclipse 2 buses working on the 37 recently. Plus they using a lot of single deckers on peak time routes like 51,X51,934/5 and 997 doing a few trips only.

PB2938

Long term out of use 859 out on 8/9 today
952A Rugeley

18WilliamsLi

Bob

Does anyone know if the X51 outbound to Brum is still stopping at the stop by Wickes in Cannock ( the one just before stop opposite rail stn) while the roadworks are going on? Asking in advance as will be using it Sat. 

Westy

Staff bus still out at 645am this morning? Spotted on Bloxwich Road. 

(Unless going onto another route & display not changed?)

winston

Platinum 6749 currently out following the 4H route in Hasbury driver training

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk