News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Claribels

Started by monkeyjoe, May 02, 2012, 02:55:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BBS

Again, Last Day of Claribels. Would love to thank everyone who supported Claribels and big thanks to @Steveminor. I hope the best for BIC. 
Local Bus Routes: 4, 4A, A15, A16, 41,1,11A,11C, A9, A12

Gareth

Thank you all staff and management at Claribels for your service over the last 30 years or so. You'll be very missed!

Busboy105

Just seen the changes to the routes. It seems like pretty much all their routes have been joined up (or nerfed even) with existing services with the exception of the 94,S16 and 600. Kind of weird considering when igo went bust their routes were just passed around with other operators. Will miss Claribels though and does make Birmingham a slightly more smaller pool now with operators.

Westy

Quote from: Busboy105 on April 24, 2022, 04:42:47 AMJust seen the changes to the routes. It seems like pretty much all their routes have been joined up (or nerfed even) with existing services with the exception of the 94,S16 and 600. Kind of weird considering when igo went bust their routes were just passed around with other operators. Will miss Claribels though and does make Birmingham a slightly more smaller pool now with operators.
I suppose they've had more time to plan with Claribels than with Igo.

Busboy105

Quote from: Westy on April 24, 2022, 07:56:38 AMI suppose they've had more time to plan with Claribels than with Igo.

True.. igo going into administration was a big shock to me

Steveminor

Yj60ghf has now received its Diamond bus livery.
This marks the end to Claribels livery & the final end of an era

Westy

Quote from: Steveminor on October 04, 2022, 06:59:06 PMYj60ghf has now received its Diamond bus livery.
This marks the end to Claribels livery & the final end of an era
That must have been the quickest set of repaints ever, as there is still vehicles in old blue Diamond livery knocking about!

metrocity

Quote from: Westy on October 06, 2022, 07:03:11 AMThat must have been the quickest set of repaints ever, as there is still vehicles in old blue Diamond livery knocking about!
I would have thought most of the vehicles in the old Diamond blue livery are end of life, in which case why bother repainting them?

Westy

Quote from: metrocity on October 06, 2022, 07:39:15 AMI would have thought most of the vehicles in the old Diamond blue livery are end of life, in which case why bother repainting them?
True.

BBS

I believe diamond repaints buses that are euro 6
Local Bus Routes: 4, 4A, A15, A16, 41,1,11A,11C, A9, A12

Westy

Is this thread moving over to the Diamond section,  to keep all their 'companies ' together?

Stu

Quote from: Westy on October 11, 2022, 07:06:48 AMIs this thread moving over to the Diamond section,  to keep all their 'companies ' together?
No, Diamond did not buy Claribels the company, just their bus service operations.

Claribels as a brand came to an end officially in August 2022 when the company Claribel Coaches Ltd was wound up voluntarily.
https://www.thegazette.co.uk/notice/4138297?mainwebsite=1

I believe they still do business under their Birmingham International trading name?
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Quote from: Stu on October 11, 2022, 07:30:02 AMNo, Diamond did not buy Claribels the company, just their bus service operations.
The remaining ex Claribel services with Diamond 94, 600, Coleshill - Sutton are ran from the pre-existing Diamond Tividale/Tamworth depots under Diamond name as well.
Claribels used to operate from Tile Cross.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Stu

Quote from: 2206 on October 11, 2022, 11:05:38 AMThe remaining ex Claribel services with Diamond 94, 600, Coleshill - Sutton are ran from the pre-existing Diamond Tividale/Tamworth depots under Diamond name as well.
Claribels used to operate from Tile Cross.
Yes, but Diamond did not buy the Claribels Coaches company as a whole, just the bus service operations (fleet, drivers, routes etc). Same as they did with Johnsons.

Neither Claribels nor Johnsons ever became part of the Rotala group.

My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Rachvince53

It's likely that the name Claribels Coaches Ltd would now be classed as defunct, meaning that the name Claribels could be used again I would guess. With regards to Johnsons, as you say only the bus operations of Johnsons were acquired, although a few have since been lost to Stagecoach under tender (eg X20).

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk