News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Rotala Management - Questions & Answers

Started by Simon Dunn, August 28, 2013, 06:28:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EK40

the diamond BODS feed seems to have the issue where most of the birmingham routes have dissapeared again so stops and entire routes have dissapeared off of bustimes so only vehicles are tracking

Trident 4194

Awful shame to see the 4H being withdrawn start of January. I can't say I'm surprised however given the slip in standards of the service provided sadly - drivers using wrong displays, wasting time up Walsall to leave 30 minutes late, drivers not stopping at bus stops.

Few years back there was the 13 plate B7RLES which had branding specifically for the 4H as well as the 07 plates. Now it's given practically anything that the depot can find.  

The 4H has a long history, dating back to ludlows days where they ran the 417.

Now the plan is to only run the 4 West Bromwich - Walsall which I hear will be in partnership with NXWM 

Simon Dunn

Quote from: hlliwmai on December 02, 2022, 09:28:23 PMFollowing 20732, 20839 & 30963 now withdrawn from Tividale are there anymore withdrawals due?

30887 & 30888 can't be far off being withdrawn surely due to their age (currently 17) this also applies to 21108 and 30960 (currently 16) as well
We are starting to remove None Euro 6 vehicles.  There will be more removed in the new year

Simon Dunn

Quote from: Westy on December 02, 2022, 10:07:28 PMEvening.

Note the web pages refering to the Xmas service levels, but previous years, offered the chance to download the flyer that you stick on the buses.

This was useful for our warehouse noticeboard.

Will this happen again this year?

@Tony - Any chance of Nx doing the same? Have asked in the past on Facebook, but no one seems to take it on board!
Yes- I will organise

Simon Dunn

Quote from: EK40 on December 03, 2022, 04:09:44 PMthe diamond BODS feed seems to have the issue where most of the birmingham routes have dissapeared again so stops and entire routes have dissapeared off of bustimes so only vehicles are tracking
I think everything is there

Simon Dunn

Quote from: Trident 4194 on December 03, 2022, 06:44:58 PMAwful shame to see the 4H being withdrawn start of January. I can't say I'm surprised however given the slip in standards of the service provided sadly - drivers using wrong displays, wasting time up Walsall to leave 30 minutes late, drivers not stopping at bus stops.

Few years back there was the 13 plate B7RLES which had branding specifically for the 4H as well as the 07 plates. Now it's given practically anything that the depot can find. 

The 4H has a long history, dating back to ludlows days where they ran the 417.

Now the plan is to only run the 4 West Bromwich - Walsall which I hear will be in partnership with NXWM

We are working towards providing a network of services in partnership with TfWM.  There will be a lot of service revisions across all operators from 01/01/23

Westy

Simon Dunn

Trident 4194

Looking back would you say the acquisitions of Johnson's was a mistake considering that you lost the Stratford work? 

What's the plans for the Scania irizas in burton?

Simon Dunn

Quote from: Trident 4194 on December 09, 2022, 08:00:56 AMLooking back would you say the acquisitions of Johnson's was a mistake considering that you lost the Stratford work?

What's the plans for the Scania irizas in burton?
We have grown our profitable work as a result of the Johnsons acquisition, and the buses that we acquired which we don't need we have deployed or sold.  So - why wouldn't we be happy?  

In terms of the Scania's.  We will continue to use what we have.

Solo1

how many buses will you lose with the changes

Simon Dunn

Quote from: Solo1 on December 09, 2022, 09:09:11 AMhow many buses will you lose with the changes
For clarity are you talking about January 2023 changes?

Solo1

Quote from: Simon Dunn on December 09, 2022, 11:10:16 AMFor clarity are you talking about January 2023 changes?
Yes sorry should of put 

Trident 4194

Quote from: Simon Dunn on December 09, 2022, 08:55:37 AMWe have grown our profitable work as a result of the Johnsons acquisition, and the buses that we acquired which we don't need we have deployed or sold.  So - why wouldn't we be happy? 

In terms of the Scania's.  We will continue to use what we have.

I'm terms of you losing all of Johnson's previous work bar the 149 you can probably see why I'd question the success of the acquisition. Yes you've kept some ex Johnson's vehicles but couldn't you have just brought second hand buses of the market? 

the trainbasher

Hi Simon

Quick question or two. When will the Diamond WM pages have the Jan 2023 service changes that are at least confirmed uploaded to the website?

Also, will the changes that had been postponed from August to the 226 still be going ahead (I.e. running via Wall Heath and reduced to half hourly). If so, is there any plans to update the route branding on the buses or will this route branding be removed?

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk