News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Coventry Garage

Started by 6013, July 22, 2013, 02:36:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Solo1

Quote from: Danthebusman on October 09, 2022, 03:44:15 PMYeah it's going to be boring in a way because we'll just be seeing the same buses everywhere
Same could be said for the metro bus 

j789

Quote from: Solo1 on October 09, 2022, 05:07:13 PMSame could be said for the metro bus
But with the Metrobus, you also still had Fleetlines, Nationals, Metroriders, Lynx's , ,even VRs for a time - all of these buses were unique in their own ways and we're certainly different 'drive wise' for both drivers and passengers.

Then, there were lots of different bus manufacturers whereas today there is little difference really between single deck and double deck vehicles made by the same few manufacturers. I mean an E200, E300 and E400 - if you ignore the obvious visual looks, the actual bus is not very different to the others.

The 1980s and 1990s were the most interesting times in my view for bus types in the West Midlands, the 2000s pretty decent too with first generation low floor vehicles. Today, it must be a dream for engineering departments with everything being fairly similar but quite boring overall

don

However, there are 130 new buses in delivery progress. There are generally around 160 NXC buses required. Based on recent repaints, it looks like there will be 10 E200s around for a couple of years yet, so what will the other 20 be - B7RLE or E400, or some of each?

A bigger question is what will replace them? Single deck electrics?

I think there will still be a bit of interest there!!
Bustimes.org - armchair bus chasing at its best
wmbusphotos.com - armchair bus spotting and news at its best.

Current 'special passenger validation' permit held.

JPC

Quote from: don on October 09, 2022, 07:29:03 PMHowever, there are 130 new buses in delivery progress. There are generally around 160 NXC buses required. Based on recent repaints, it looks like there will be 10 E200s around for a couple of years yet, so what will the other 20 be - B7RLE or E400, or some of each?

A bigger question is what will replace them? Single deck electrics?

I think there will still be a bit of interest there!!

Did you forget to add the original 10x electrics to the equation?
In any case it still anyone's guess when there is red herrings such as the rumour of the X1 service moving to Coventry.  But I will think a minimum of 10x B7RLE will certainly remain as a few will be needed for the low bridge service 20B and perhaps the existing Mon-Sat 20A/20C (& 20 in the evening) keeping them together on the Foleshill Rd.

ellspurs

Quote from: JPC on October 09, 2022, 08:18:24 PMDid you forget to add the original 10x electrics to the equation?
In any case it still anyone's guess when there is red herrings such as the rumour of the X1 service moving to Coventry.  But I will think a minimum of 10x B7RLE will certainly remain as a few will be needed for the low bridge service 20B and perhaps the existing Mon-Sat 20A/20C (& 20 in the evening) keeping them together on the Foleshill Rd.
It'd be either that or reverting the 20B to its pre-Primelines route and having it terminate on Oban Road. There isn't another Coventry service that requires low buses, right? 

(Or maybe the Arriva 78 can be diverted down Wilsons Lane/Woodshires Road as they'll likely have single decker electrics).

don

Quote from: JPC on October 09, 2022, 08:18:24 PMDid you forget to add the original 10x electrics to the equation?
Yeah (I wondered how long it would be before someone noticed that  :grin: :grin:)

Still leaves around 20 vehicles - perhaps 10 x E200 and 10 x B7RLE?

I'm also presuming any single decker cascades from Coventry will ultimately replace Scanias. I'm quite surprised to see B7 Geminis being cascaded - surely can only be very short term - and I wonder how many passengers at, say Merry Hill or Bartley Green would mistake a cascaded latest TC livery bus for a Diamond vehicle/service...... 
Bustimes.org - armchair bus chasing at its best
wmbusphotos.com - armchair bus spotting and news at its best.

Current 'special passenger validation' permit held.

Justin Tyme

Quote from: ellspurs on October 09, 2022, 08:26:17 PMIt'd be either that or reverting the 20B to its pre-Primelines route and having it terminate on Oban Road. There isn't another Coventry service that requires low buses, right?

Are the 24 and 25 clear for double decks?  No low bridges, I think, but any overhanging trees?

Double decks on them would be an extravagance.

Danthebusman

Quote from: Justin Tyme on October 09, 2022, 09:00:05 PMAre the 24 and 25 clear for double decks?  No low bridges, I think, but any overhanging trees?

Double decks on them would be an extravagance.
I reckon the E200s will be used for the 1, 19, potentially 85/B services and the 24/25 services and then the B7RLES will probably be used on the 20A/B/C and then a few will be scattered around on the 14/17/18 I reckon.

Tony

E040 & E054 currently on their way to Coventry, should be arriving in around 30 min

Tony

Two more withdrawals on MoT expiry at Coventry are 4410 & 4671. 4450 was given an MoT yesterday so will be one of the last Tridents running in Coventry

Danthebusman

Quote from: Tony on October 21, 2022, 10:59:32 AMTwo more withdrawals on MoT expiry at Coventry are 4410 & 4671. 4450 was given an MoT yesterday so will be one of the last Tridents running in Coventry
Could tell 4410 was going soon, started to sound like a jetwash

Tony

QuoteCould tell 4410 was going soon, started to sound like a jetwash
Nothing to do with that, just run up to MoT day

Dennis Dart Plaxton Pointer

Just seem 7539 - SN69 ZMV on the 20 now in the birmingham platinum leg room livery. First or the sky blue liverys to go into the birmingham livery

Danthebusman

2155 entered service today for the first time in over 2 months but broke down after 4 hours on the 17

windy miller

Can someone tell me if the odd 4 electrics (  030/31/32/33)  currently
   at watford  are expected to turn up at coventry anytime soon?  thanks
Mind the Gap.....?:-)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk