News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Walsall Garage

Started by Nathan4775, April 06, 2012, 06:52:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WalsallBuses2007

QuoteEven the heritage buses ain't safe!
Surprisingly blakenall has behaved better than the brownhills lot

PB50

Quote from: WalsallBuses2007 on October 18, 2022, 10:30:25 PMSurprisingly blakenall has behaved better than the brownhills lot
A driver told me today he was on a 29 service last week and a house brick came flying through the window just missing him.

WalsallBuses2007

QuoteA driver told me today he was on a 29 service last week and a house brick came flying through the window just missing him.
Ah yes i forgot about that incident wont take them long again to get them arrested then let out again after couple weeks

hlliwmai

This is random I know but I was watching a YouTube video a few days ago of a Scania on the 4H or 4M (can't remember which) and it had next stop announcements because on the video I heard it say "The next stop is Little London" whatever happened to the announcements in the Scania's and how come they don't have them now?

Jack

Quote from: hlliwmai on October 19, 2022, 11:18:34 AMThis is random I know but I was watching a YouTube video a few days ago of a Scania on the 4H or 4M (can't remember which) and it had next stop announcements because on the video I heard it say "The next stop is Little London" whatever happened to the announcements in the Scania's and how come they don't have them now?
When the hangovers were updated in 2019 the announcements went. By that time there was a bit out of date on some stops, and the 4H only had announcements up till Halesowen.

The Real 4778

Quote from: Jack on October 19, 2022, 11:40:01 AMWhen the hangovers were updated in 2019 the announcements went. By that time there was a bit out of date on some stops, and the 4H only had announcements up till Halesowen.

New Year's Day?   :wink:

You've got to love autocorrect!
Don't you start.

Westy

Is there a problem with the Alumwell 36 today?

Someone on Facebook reckons there is.

Can it be confirmed or denied?

PB50

Quote from: Westy on October 20, 2022, 05:06:49 PMIs there a problem with the Alumwell 36 today?

Yes I was going to ask that but I got sidetracked. Friend of mine had to catch 529 then walk 20 minutes to get home.

Westy

Quote from: PB50 on October 20, 2022, 07:12:32 PMYes I was going to ask that but I got sidetracked. Friend of mine had to catch 529 then walk 20 minutes to get home.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/414162682480975/permalink/1215646388999263/

For those who can access Facebook, here's the thread!

ellspurs

https://bustimes.org/services/36-walsall-alumwell-circular/vehicles

Bustimes suggests that the something happened to 861 in the town centre at 17:00 and none of the services after that ran until Diamond took over for the evening.

Stu

Quote from: Westy on October 20, 2022, 07:18:20 PMhttps://www.facebook.com/groups/414162682480975/permalink/1215646388999263/

For those who can access Facebook, here's the thread!
Thanks, but it is a private group, posts are not publicly visible.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Tony

QuoteIs there a problem with the Alumwell 36 today?

Up to when you posted this  [font="Open Sans", sans-serif]Not only did every single journey run, every single journey left Walsall within the allowance allowed by DVSA to be classed as 'on time' All listed in the public domain, and all available for anyone to check here  [/font][font="Open Sans", sans-serif]Vehicles – 36 - Walsall - Manor Hospital - Alumwell – bustimes.org[/font]

DJ

Quote from: Westy on October 11, 2022, 09:46:49 PMAs mentioned before, I used to catch that route a few years ago & had many issues with it.

I feel your pain.
It seemed to have improved a lot over recent years, until recently with what I presume is a shortage of drivers at WA causing trips to be missed.

I don't think the extension to Merry Hill that replaced part of the WN81 is doing it any favours, either, especially when there's heavy traffic at Merry Hill.

I've taken to walking a few minutes further and getting the WN82 up to Loxdale to connect with the Metro, as it seems a lot more reliable as of late.

Any views/comments are my own and do not reflect those of my employer.

Bus_user_jay

Someone posted about a Scania being on the 36 recently, and I saw it on Bustimes too. Thought these vehicles couldn't operate on there?

Westy

Spare a thought for the driver of 2126 this morning. 

He was on time, but the previous bus on the Bloxwich Road route was 'missing ', however this didn't stop an entitled ####(insert your swear word there) moaning when he got on, firstly moaning that the driver didn't hear him, when he said £2(I was standing near the front & didn't hear him either!), then he started a rant about the bus being late(which it wasn't!), with a bit of abuse(non swear/non racial), being traded.

Look, we get there's problems (by the time I get in it'll be around 8am, so roughly half hour behind schedule (leave around 4pm!), especially at Walsall, but what can be done about it?

My sister is always moaning about the 9, to the point, she goes out for the bus a hour  before, but she works round it, like me & everyone else!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk