News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Rotala Management - Questions & Answers

Started by Simon Dunn, August 28, 2013, 06:28:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Simon Dunn

Quote from: WWH44L on October 03, 2022, 11:03:04 AMH Simon,

Are the newly acquired Streetlites for Preston all going to get repainted at Bolton before entering service or are they getting done elsewhere due to the amount to get through?

Any update when they'll arrive at Preston?

Cheers  :smiley:
There are around 3 at Bolton at present.  We are looking at other painting options at present - nothing has been agreed

Gareth

Not a question, however I think management should be aware of what I personally think is unacceptable.
32237 (I think that was the number) pulled into the bus stand at Priory Queensway displaying 94 Chelmsley Wood. Probably around 16.10/16.15ish. Badly parked, I may add. Driver gets out, abandons bus. 15 minutes at least. With NX 94 and 95 buses bunching around this time of day, the queue of 4 of them, not to mention other services trying to drive up Priory Queensway it was absolute havoc.
By the time I finally got on a bus and passed going out of town, it was still there. The destination display had actually gone off by then, but still parked there with its tail end sticking out, totally driverless.

Simon Dunn

Quote from: Gareth on October 03, 2022, 07:25:05 PMNot a question, however I think management should be aware of what I personally think is unacceptable.
32237 (I think that was the number) pulled into the bus stand at Priory Queensway displaying 94 Chelmsley Wood. Probably around 16.10/16.15ish. Badly parked, I may add. Driver gets out, abandons bus. 15 minutes at least. With NX 94 and 95 buses bunching around this time of day, the queue of 4 of them, not to mention other services trying to drive up Priory Queensway it was absolute havoc.
By the time I finally got on a bus and passed going out of town, it was still there. The destination display had actually gone off by then, but still parked there with its tail end sticking out, totally driverless.
Thank you - we will investigate

WWH44L

Hi Simon. 33007 at Bolton is tracking today as 33001. The spare machine was tracking yesterday too which I'm thinking is 33001 but can't confirm. 

Simon Dunn

Quote from: WWH44L on October 05, 2022, 09:38:06 AMHi Simon. 33007 at Bolton is tracking today as 33001. The spare machine was tracking yesterday too which I'm thinking is 33001 but can't confirm.
I have contacted the depot and asked them to correct this.

Simon

Martin

Hi Simon just to let you know 30823 has been on the 303 today and yesterday and the destination blinds are not working due to the controller coming loose and almost hanging out.

Many Thanks.

Martin.
National Express Buses in photographs. https://www.facebook.com/groups/Martin.Morris25/members/

Steveminor

Thanks for the information Kidderminster depot will check this bus & rectify 

IMarkeh

Hi Simon, just wanted to let you know that the issues which are normally on Diamond WM BODS feed seem to have made their way over to Midland Classics/DBEMs BODs feed. 

A number of routes are missing Lichfield Street bus stops or Sainsburys stop in Burton
Route 4 is missing stops in Burton Town Centre and the 15:10 and 16:55 trips are missing some stops at the tail end of the route. 
Route 6 has a missing stop on Union Street and also Horninglow Road stops are the wrong way around inbound.
Route 8 has the same 2 stops the wrong way around on Horninglow Road as the 6.
Route 9 has random information around the Burton loop. towards Burton it shows terminating at Harper Ave then running direct to the hospital and then also random bus stops around Westfield Road with some wrong stops and some missing. 
At the Airport, there are 3 Saturday trips (18:47 off Burton onwards) which show as going via the industrial estate but they of course all go the same way. Finally Sundays show as stopping at 'Long stay Car Park 5', all other days don't (very odd)
New Derbyshire 9/9A show Mon-Fri and Saturdays under different XML files. 
12 & 12E missing A513 'Fox Lane' bus stops.
18 missing a number of stops
19 08:15 missing stops in Donnisthope and all trips show a strange stopping pattern in Oakthorpe
20 missing plenty of stops along the route
21E missing Linton set down only 
New tender 73 shows sering Derby Station stop S2 outbound and Elvaston Castle Gates stop is missing towards Weston but in twice to Derby
125 has various missing stops
401/402/402A/403 are all missing plenty of stops and the 07:10 402 off Uttoxeter shows it going via Tesco.
406 has a few missing stops
X11 missing stops in Roman Heights development.
New tender V3 shows the Burton number 2 details, nothing to do with the V3.

Diamond West Midlands also has a number of errors too which either haven't been resolved, the issue has reappeared, it's a poor fix or it's a new issue. We'd be here all week to list all the errors.

Diamond South East the 557 only shows timing points, 458 the daytime Kingston trips are all timing points only. 250 Weekdays the 19:15 from Bicester shows all stops except timing points and weekends are timing points only.

You need to get someone down from the North West offices as they seem to have things all sorted pretty well. 

Simon Dunn

Quote from: IMarkeh on October 08, 2022, 09:42:46 AMHi Simon, just wanted to let you know that the issues which are normally on Diamond WM BODS feed seem to have made their way over to Midland Classics/DBEMs BODs feed.

A number of routes are missing Lichfield Street bus stops or Sainsburys stop in Burton
Route 4 is missing stops in Burton Town Centre and the 15:10 and 16:55 trips are missing some stops at the tail end of the route.
Route 6 has a missing stop on Union Street and also Horninglow Road stops are the wrong way around inbound.
Route 8 has the same 2 stops the wrong way around on Horninglow Road as the 6.
Route 9 has random information around the Burton loop. towards Burton it shows terminating at Harper Ave then running direct to the hospital and then also random bus stops around Westfield Road with some wrong stops and some missing.
At the Airport, there are 3 Saturday trips (18:47 off Burton onwards) which show as going via the industrial estate but they of course all go the same way. Finally Sundays show as stopping at 'Long stay Car Park 5', all other days don't (very odd)
New Derbyshire 9/9A show Mon-Fri and Saturdays under different XML files.
12 & 12E missing A513 'Fox Lane' bus stops.
18 missing a number of stops
19 08:15 missing stops in Donnisthope and all trips show a strange stopping pattern in Oakthorpe
20 missing plenty of stops along the route
21E missing Linton set down only
New tender 73 shows sering Derby Station stop S2 outbound and Elvaston Castle Gates stop is missing towards Weston but in twice to Derby
125 has various missing stops
401/402/402A/403 are all missing plenty of stops and the 07:10 402 off Uttoxeter shows it going via Tesco.
406 has a few missing stops
X11 missing stops in Roman Heights development.
New tender V3 shows the Burton number 2 details, nothing to do with the V3.

Diamond West Midlands also has a number of errors too which either haven't been resolved, the issue has reappeared, it's a poor fix or it's a new issue. We'd be here all week to list all the errors.

Diamond South East the 557 only shows timing points, 458 the daytime Kingston trips are all timing points only. 250 Weekdays the 19:15 from Bicester shows all stops except timing points and weekends are timing points only.

You need to get someone down from the North West offices as they seem to have things all sorted pretty well.

We are growing our Midlands Commercial team.  I will get them to pick this up

Simon

WWH44L

Hi Simon, spotted en ex Powell's E200 at Bolton. Has this been purchased or just passing through? If purchased are there anymore and which depot are they for?

WWH44L

Hi Simon, just noticed that the Bolton spare ticket machine is tracking as two vehicles today, one being 40839 which is on my local route.

Simon Dunn

Quote from: WWH44L on October 14, 2022, 07:45:59 AMHi Simon, spotted en ex Powell's E200 at Bolton. Has this been purchased or just passing through? If purchased are there anymore and which depot are they for?
We purchased 2 - they are for Bolton/ Eccles for new Business

Simon Dunn

Quote from: WWH44L on October 14, 2022, 02:33:43 PMHi Simon, just noticed that the Bolton spare ticket machine is tracking as two vehicles today, one being 40839 which is on my local route.
I have contacted the OM and asked him to resolve

IMarkeh

Hi Simon, not sure if you know but the E200s and Metrocities that Diamond have sent over to Midland Classic do not track properly. 

In addition, I would ask what is the short term fleet plan for Midland Classic? I note there are no repaints yet and it seems that Midland Classic is still very much external to the rest of the group currently with its own website still etc. 

Simon Dunn

Quote from: IMarkeh on October 19, 2022, 09:27:48 PMHi Simon, not sure if you know but the E200s and Metrocities that Diamond have sent over to Midland Classic do not track properly.

In addition, I would ask what is the short term fleet plan for Midland Classic? I note there are no repaints yet and it seems that Midland Classic is still very much external to the rest of the group currently with its own website still etc.
The vehicles should be tracking now.  You will notice that vehicles are being repainted.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk