News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Rotala Management - Questions & Answers

Started by Simon Dunn, August 28, 2013, 06:28:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

@Simon Dunn 30169 was in Ward End the 94 today with 96 Chelmsley Wood via Erdington on the destination display.
Saw heading towards the City Centre and back out towards Chelmsley displaying the same thing.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

hlliwmai

Quote from: 2206 on August 24, 2022, 12:44:58 PM@Simon Dunn 30169 was in Ward End the 94 today with 96 Chelmsley Wood via Erdington on the destination display.
Saw heading towards the City Centre and back out towards Chelmsley displaying the same thing.
That bus is not CAZ compliant either so unless the charge has already been paid (which I very much doubt) Diamond will be having a lovely fine coming there way...

Simon Dunn

Quote from: hlliwmai on August 24, 2022, 01:02:08 PMThat bus is not CAZ compliant either so unless the charge has already been paid (which I very much doubt) Diamond will be having a lovely fine coming there way...
I will deal with both points.  Thank you

IMarkeh

Hi Simon, more open data issues for the West Midlands. West Brom 41A doesn't show. 
West Brom 30 and 74A missing West Brom bus station as first stop.

Dudley 229 doesn't show finishing at Dudley Bus Stn

Walsall 31/32 don't show the bus station. 
Walsall 36 missing all intermediate stops Mon-Fri and says it terminates at Pleck

These are just ones I found while trying to journey plan, there will be plenty more. 

This is a common thing on the West Midlands open data and no sooner does it get fixed, it breaks again. Can I ask for you to see if there is a longer term solution to this as of course it's not very useful to passengers.

North West and Preston don't seem to have this issue from my experience, just WM. 

Many thanks

the trainbasher

Quote from: IMarkeh on August 26, 2022, 03:39:24 PMHi Simon, more open data issues for the West Midlands. West Brom 41A doesn't show.
West Brom 30 and 74A missing West Brom bus station as first stop.

Dudley 229 doesn't show finishing at Dudley Bus Stn

Walsall 31/32 don't show the bus station.
Walsall 36 missing all intermediate stops Mon-Fri and says it terminates at Pleck

These are just ones I found while trying to journey plan, there will be plenty more.

This is a common thing on the West Midlands open data and no sooner does it get fixed, it breaks again. Can I ask for you to see if there is a longer term solution to this as of course it's not very useful to passengers.

North West and Preston don't seem to have this issue from my experience, just WM.

Many thanks
Further to this I've found a few more over the psst few weeks

Kidderminster 3 is missing the Bus Station
4H is missing Blackheath Sainsburys (Hayley Green bound)
13 is missing Merry Hill bus station (Halesowen bound)
16 is missing Stop MS8A Birmingham Moor St (WB bound)
25 is missing Erdington Six Ways (Ward End bound)
26A missing Bilston BS
251 is missing 2 stops in the Brockmoor/Buckpool area and 1 in Stourbridge
250 is missing 2 stops in Stourbridge Town centre
x19 is still showing despite it no longer running
298, 299 missing Stourbridge Bus station (final stop)
298 also showing as having all journeys run via Norton Road and Worcester Street (whereas it's only 1 trip on school days)
292 missing terminal stop in Ludlow
82 missing Bilston BS
65 missing Darlaston ASDA start stop

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

Simon Dunn

Quote from: the trainbasher on August 26, 2022, 11:31:26 PMFurther to this I've found a few more over the psst few weeks

Kidderminster 3 is missing the Bus Station
4H is missing Blackheath Sainsburys (Hayley Green bound)
13 is missing Merry Hill bus station (Halesowen bound)
16 is missing Stop MS8A Birmingham Moor St (WB bound)
25 is missing Erdington Six Ways (Ward End bound)
26A missing Bilston BS
251 is missing 2 stops in the Brockmoor/Buckpool area and 1 in Stourbridge
250 is missing 2 stops in Stourbridge Town centre
x19 is still showing despite it no longer running
298, 299 missing Stourbridge Bus station (final stop)
298 also showing as having all journeys run via Norton Road and Worcester Street (whereas it's only 1 trip on school days)
292 missing terminal stop in Ludlow
82 missing Bilston BS
65 missing Darlaston ASDA start stop

I will pick this up internally, to try and understand why

WWH44L

Hi Simon, noticed that 33019 from Bolton is listed as withdrawn on this months fleet changes. Do you know what the reason is for withdrawal especially with it being a youthful member of the Citaro fleet?

Also, is there any reason why most of the ex Preston Citaros are not in service at the moment. Know 33006 is currently being prepped for service but the others except 33003/43 have not tracked for a few months now.

Many thanks 

Simon Dunn

Quote from: WWH44L on August 30, 2022, 07:06:19 PMHi Simon, noticed that 33019 from Bolton is listed as withdrawn on this months fleet changes. Do you know what the reason is for withdrawal especially with it being a youthful member of the Citaro fleet?

Also, is there any reason why most of the ex Preston Citaros are not in service at the moment. Know 33006 is currently being prepped for service but the others except 33003/43 have not tracked for a few months now.

Many thanks
1. 33019

The vehicle had an electrical fire.  We expect the vehicle to return to service, but it will take a while.

2.  Citaro's

We struggle with engineering experience to maintain/ repair the Citaro's.  We are working through their defects, we have an increase in service from the end of October and will need most in service at that point.

Simon

WWH44L

Quote from: Simon Dunn on August 31, 2022, 06:42:49 AM1. 33019

The vehicle had an electrical fire.  We expect the vehicle to return to service, but it will take a while.

2.  Citaro's

We struggle with engineering experience to maintain/ repair the Citaro's.  We are working through their defects, we have an increase in service from the end of October and will need most in service at that point.

Simon

Many thanks for the update. Appreciate it.

WWH44L

Quote from: Simon Dunn on August 31, 2022, 06:42:49 AM1. 33019

2.  Citaro's

Simon

Hi Simon, in terms of the service increase from October, are you able share details of the gains?

Simon Dunn

Quote from: WWH44L on September 01, 2022, 07:36:09 AMHi Simon, in terms of the service increase from October, are you able share details of the gains?
We are not able to advise at present.  

Westy

Simon - Will Diamond be keeping the current Midland Classic social media team, as they are very informative, compared to the rest of Diamond Midlands.

I never see much from Diamond Midlands on social media otherwise.

Simon Dunn

Quote from: Westy on September 01, 2022, 05:56:33 PMSimon - Will Diamond be keeping the current Midland Classic social media team, as they are very informative, compared to the rest of Diamond Midlands.

I never see much from Diamond Midlands on social media otherwise.
There is no one person who undertakes this at Midland Classic.  This person is staying.

hlliwmai

With Preston Bus having Streetlites (20180, 20181, 20184 & 20186) from the West Midlands will the remaining White Streetlites that remain at Tividale (20177 & 20179) and 20178 at Kidderminster will these now be painted into Brighter Diamond livery going forward? Also I assume 20178 will join the fleet at Tividale once it is painted or will that remain at Kidderminster? 

Simon Dunn

Quote from: hlliwmai on September 05, 2022, 11:39:07 PMWith Preston Bus having Streetlites (20180, 20181, 20184 & 20186) from the West Midlands will the remaining White Streetlites that remain at Tividale (20177 & 20179) and 20178 at Kidderminster will these now be painted into Brighter Diamond livery going forward? Also I assume 20178 will join the fleet at Tividale once it is painted or will that remain at Kidderminster?
Pre-COVID all these vehicles were acquired for our Heathrow depot.  During COVID the network of hotels that are open/ likely to re-open mean that we now serve and are likely to serve less going forward.  Therefore we do not need all these vehicles in Heathrow.  We have therefore decided to send 6 of the vehicles to Preston.  4 have gone, 2 more need to transfer and at some point during November we expect the last 2 vehicles to go to Heathrow

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk