News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Rotala Management - Questions & Answers

Started by Simon Dunn, August 28, 2013, 06:28:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

the trainbasher

Quote from: Simon Dunn on August 09, 2022, 09:07:51 PMChris

The changes will not go ahead.  The route will stay as it is until 01/01/23.

So does that mean the every 20 minute frequency will stay or is the 226 still going to go to every 30 mins?

Either way the website would need updating to say what is happening?

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

BNH2004

Quote from: Simon Dunn on August 09, 2022, 09:07:51 PMChris

The changes will not go ahead.  The route will stay as it is until 01/01/23.

The website currently says that it's being reduced to every 30 minute and extending to Wall Heath as a trial

Damo

Hello Simon. I understand that Diamond SE's evening and Sunday 461 service was recently retendered by Surrey County Council, with the daytime operator seemingly having since made a variation to their route registration from the end of this month. Are you able to say if this means Diamond has lost the contracted evening/Sunday element to the 461's daytime operator, or just them potentially amending their existing timetable to coincide with the new academic term and not actually related? Thanks in advance!

Jack

Does the 96 no longer do the Old Oscott loop?

Also Nbus now valid on the whole of the 35?

Simon Dunn

Quote from: Damo on August 10, 2022, 01:29:23 AMHello Simon. I understand that Diamond SE's evening and Sunday 461 service was recently retendered by Surrey County Council, with the daytime operator seemingly having since made a variation to their route registration from the end of this month. Are you able to say if this means Diamond has lost the contracted evening/Sunday element to the 461's daytime operator, or just them potentially amending their existing timetable to coincide with the new academic term and not actually related? Thanks in advance!
The service was retendered and we lost the tender at that point

Simon Dunn

Quote from: Jack on August 10, 2022, 04:59:43 AMDoes the 96 no longer do the Old Oscott loop?

Also Nbus now valid on the whole of the 35?
I am not aware that the 96 route has changed and the NBus is only accepted to the Boundary on the 35.

DD12

Hi Simon.
The 302 was on your list of doomed services,  --  are you now going to continue with it, or has it gone to another operator, - or is it completely dead, please ??

Thanks.

Simon Dunn

Quote from: DD12 on August 12, 2022, 03:08:54 PMHi Simon.
The 302 was on your list of doomed services,  --  are you now going to continue with it, or has it gone to another operator, - or is it completely dead, please ??

Thanks.
I presume you mean 302 at Kidderminster.  If so, we are not sure.  We are waiting on Worcestershire County Councils position on funding

DD12

Damo

Quote from: Simon Dunn on August 11, 2022, 08:48:28 PMThe service was retendered and we lost the tender at that point
Thanks Simon, sorry to hear that. There's still a couple of services that were retendered at the same time that appear to have been deregistered by existing operators but as yet the new operator not yet announced. Namely a couple to Collingwood College (83/87), and possibly one to Esher High School (663) to where I believe you already run 2/3 vehicles on the 814? Are you at liberty to give a hint if Diamond had any success among these last few, or am I just being a bit too nosy now?

Simon Dunn

Quote from: Damo on August 13, 2022, 01:20:13 PMThanks Simon, sorry to hear that. There's still a couple of services that were retendered at the same time that appear to have been deregistered by existing operators but as yet the new operator not yet announced. Namely a couple to Collingwood College (83/87), and possibly one to Esher High School (663) to where I believe you already run 2/3 vehicles on the 814? Are you at liberty to give a hint if Diamond had any success among these last few, or am I just being a bit too nosy now?
We have been awarded the 83, 87 and 663

callum03

hi Simon, with regards to the 4 streetlites transferring to Preston will they be painted into preston bus colours, and are they replacing any of the existing fleet. 

also with the purchase of johnsons and midland classic, will any of their fleet be joining preston, e.g the scania omnicities and omnilinks. 

kind regards
callum 

Simon Dunn

Quote from: callum03 on August 18, 2022, 01:07:17 PMhi Simon, with regards to the 4 streetlites transferring to Preston will they be painted into preston bus colours, and are they replacing any of the existing fleet.

also with the purchase of johnsons and midland classic, will any of their fleet be joining preston, e.g the scania omnicities and omnilinks.

kind regards
callum
Callum

Overall Preston has too many vehicles.  There are no more planned transfers, and we overall need to reduce the number of vehicles.

The Streetlites were originally acquired for Heathrow.  We do not expect them to be ever used in Heathrow now and they are being transferred with the intention that they will stay in Preston, so yes they will be painted

Simon

B61 ANDREW

31422 on the 52a with no front destination display.  :smiley:

Steveminor

Quote from: B61 ANDREW on August 20, 2022, 02:20:37 PM31422 on the 52a with no front destination display.  :smiley:
Engineers will check thank you 

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk