News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Coventry Garage

Started by 6013, July 22, 2013, 02:36:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stu

Quote from: Tony on July 08, 2022, 07:55:18 PMYou only have to click on 'track this bus' and you will see they are all just moving around in depot, so it is just a quirk of the information.
This has been asked about before here, and I speculated that perhaps "T1" is some kind of 'testing' or 'training' mode that the Init unit is in, which seems plausible if new drivers are being trained in-garage on how to use the equipment, is that the explanation somehow?
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

bususer28

Not sure if this is the most suitable place to put this but I was just looking through the nx bus Coventry website and it seems like in Coventry you have the chance to pay for any ticket by contactless rather than being restricted to an adult daysaver as is the case in the rest of the West Midlands. Is this new, and why doesn't the West Midlands have the same thing?

https://nxbus.co.uk/coventry/contactless

Tony

QuoteNot sure if this is the most suitable place to put this but I was just looking through the nx bus Coventry website and it seems like in Coventry you have the chance to pay for any ticket by contactless rather than being restricted to an adult daysaver as is the case in the rest of the West Midlands. Is this new, and why doesn't the West Midlands have the same thing?

https://nxbus.co.uk/coventry/contactless
Yes it is new, started this week, and Coventry is testing it works for the whole West Midlands

Coventrybususer95

Just seen a Facebook post saying that the ADL E400FCEV is coming to coventry as a demonstrator 
All views are my own and does not represent the views of any company/ business that i maybe be working with

Danthebusman

Managed to take a quick picture of the Enviro 400 FCEV outside Transport MuseumYou cannot view this attachment.

Coventrybususer95

Quote from: Danthebusman on July 17, 2022, 10:45:19 AMSome bizarre allocations today for sunday service with E023 and 6966 making an appearance on the 18 with 4413 and 4450 also enjoying their time out in the sun on the 8 and 16
There was a post in the bus photo group saying the Evs will be used on any routes every Sunday from today 
All views are my own and does not represent the views of any company/ business that i maybe be working with

Dennis Dart Plaxton Pointer

Quote from: Coventrybususer95 on July 17, 2022, 02:41:41 PMThere was a post in the bus photo group saying the Evs will be used on any routes every Sunday from today
Correct. There is 1 EV on the 20 at the moment

mesub

QuoteYes it is new, started this week, and Coventry is testing it works for the whole West Midlands

Looks like it's been launched across the whole West Midlands now
23 - Bartley Green
76 - Northfield
X20 - Birmingham Via Longbridge, Northfield & QE Hospital / University

BNH2004

6958 has now been debranded from the University routes and rebranded with NXWM generic platinum branding ready  to be transferred to the West Midlands fleet

cvbususer

Quote from: BNH2004 on July 22, 2022, 06:03:23 PM6958 has now been debranded from the University routes and rebranded with NXWM generic platinum branding ready  to be transferred to the West Midlands fleet
Does this perhaps indicate the University routes may become some of the first to go electric? Interesting if true given the length of the routes...

BK63 YWP

QuoteDoes this perhaps indicate the University routes may become some of the first to go electric? Interesting if true given the length of the routes...
Stop, start uses more energy than a consistent running 
The Funny sounding Enviro 400

15 Wolverhampton to Merry Hill
15A Wolverhampton Merry Hill
16 Wolverhampton to Stourbridge

X10 Gornal Wood

Tony

QuoteStop, start uses more energy than a consistent running
No it doesn't that's the whole point of it. It uses less fuel, so less emissions 

BNH2004

Quote from: BK63 YWP on July 22, 2022, 09:34:43 PMStop, start uses more energy than a consistent running
Stop/start only uses more Diesel than a consistent running bus

Tony

QuoteStop/start only uses more Diesel than a consistent running bus
Not sure where you get that from, but stop start is reckoned to use around 7% less fuel 
https://www.roadandtrack.com/new-cars/car-technology/a22994303/automatic-start-stop-useful-fuel-savings/#:~:text=Most%20people%20think%20the%20amount,eight%20percent%20in%20heavy%20traffic.

BBS

QuoteStop/start only uses more Diesel than a consistent running bus
It doesn't, the stop and start feature reduces emissions and the amount of diesel used because a bus like the e200mmc doesn't have the stop and start feature and that mean the engine is still on which is using fuel, so stop and start is technically using less fuel. Might not be alot but its saving at least some fuel
Local Bus Routes: 4, 4A, A15, A16, 41,1,11A,11C, A9, A12

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk