News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Walsall Garage

Started by Nathan4775, April 06, 2012, 06:52:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wumpty

Quote from: Tony on May 22, 2022, 09:37:20 AMCurrently at Walsall garage, before any excitement it is only here to test the new sprint route is suitable for bendibuses 
Is this on loan from Travel Coventry Preservation Group?
Autofare 3 - the ticket that laughs in the face of contactless!

Quote from: Wumpty on May 24, 2022, 11:10:16 AMIs this on loan from Travel Coventry Preservation Group?
No.
Its a NX bus from Stanstead.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Stu

Quote from: Wumpty on May 24, 2022, 11:10:16 AMIs this on loan from Travel Coventry Preservation Group?
Why would they have a 21-plate bus preserved? :rolleyes:
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Tony

QuoteWhy would they have a 21-plate bus preserved? :rolleyes:
Would need to be a very rich preservation group

Wumpty

Quote from: Tony on May 24, 2022, 07:07:27 PMWould need to be a very rich preservation group
Quote from: Stu on May 24, 2022, 07:03:23 PMWhy would they have a 21-plate bus preserved? :rolleyes:

I didn't see it was a Stanstead bendi until after posting. Hope your eyes get better soon Stu  :wink:
Autofare 3 - the ticket that laughs in the face of contactless!

Westy

The first X51 from Cannock was appropriately heavy, by the time it reached me in Leamore. 

I think it picked up at every stop as well, so by the time it got to Walsall,  it was 5 minutes late.

PB2938

Quote from: Westy on June 21, 2022, 07:03:31 AMThe first X51 from Cannock was appropriately heavy, by the time it reached me in Leamore.

I think it picked up at every stop as well, so by the time it got to Walsall,  it was 5 minutes late.
X51 should be limited stop between Bloxwich and Walsall the section served enough by 31/32.
952A Rugeley
Via Great Barr,  Walsall, Cheslyn Hay, Cannock, Heath Hayes and Hednesford

DJ

Quote from: PB2938 on July 02, 2022, 01:09:02 PMX51 should be limited stop between Bloxwich and Walsall the section served enough by 31/32.
I'm sure it's few and far between, but there's bound to be people wanting to travel from that section to Cannock. Perhaps having it pick up only towards Cannock, and set down only towards Walsall, would work?

Any views/comments are my own and do not reflect those of my employer.

Westy

Quote from: DJ on July 02, 2022, 01:10:43 PMI'm sure it's few and far between, but there's bound to be people wanting to travel from that section to Cannock. Perhaps having it pick up only towards Cannock, and set down only towards Walsall, would work?

What about, for example, people wanting Bloxwich to Birmingham?

PB2938

Quote from: Westy on July 02, 2022, 02:25:04 PMWhat about, for example, people wanting Bloxwich to Birmingham?
Do what X51 Birmingham bound passengers do get off then get 51.
952A Rugeley
Via Great Barr,  Walsall, Cheslyn Hay, Cannock, Heath Hayes and Hednesford

Tony

QuoteX51 should be limited stop between Bloxwich and Walsall the section served enough by 31/32.
Definitely not, it would lose a lot of it's passengers who get on on that section to go to Birmingham 

DJ

Quote from: Tony on July 02, 2022, 03:46:25 PMDefinitely not, it would lose a lot of it's passengers who get on on that section to go to Birmingham
Fair point, I completely forgot it ran through to Birmingham for a second!

Any views/comments are my own and do not reflect those of my employer.

Bus_user_jay

Do the hydrogens do any X51 workings, and if so which ones? Or are they strictly 51s only?

ellspurs

They must be on the 51 or they will bear the wrath of Birmingham City Council.

No longer the case, see below.

Tony

QuoteThey must be on the 51 or they will bear the wrath of Birmingham City Council.
No, can go on other routes once they are risk assessed now

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk