News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Rotala Management - Questions & Answers

Started by Simon Dunn, August 28, 2013, 06:28:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

B61 ANDREW

Quote from: Simon Dunn on June 07, 2022, 08:09:08 PMYes that is correct
Thanks for the clarification. So if a bus is completing a "running rota" and is about to park up , it could be that the driver has cleared the destination display as the bus approaches it's destination and the bus could display "Diamond" and still have passengers on ?  If that is the case , some of my reports may have been erroneous. If that is so - my apologies.  Andrew.  

Simon Dunn

That is not what I said.   Every blind has Diamond on it, and if they are running dead they can use it.  They are not supposed to use this when they are still in service

Streetlite 32237 on the 94 is advertising the £1 single still today as well on its destination display.
I caught it at Ward End at about 14:40.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

ellspurs

Good afternoon, Simon.

This afternoon, my mother attempted to catch a 94 service in Birmingham City Centre, using her concessionary bus pass. The driver stated to her that Diamond didn't accept those passes, so she had to get off and catch a NXWM 94 home instead. The Diamond website has a nice recent article stating that Diamond accept them. Is this not the case? She now feels that she has to wait for an NX bus to ensure she can travel, when she used to prefer using Claribels services that she had been using since the mid 90s.

Any chance of a clarification please? 

Simon Dunn

Quote from: ellspurs on June 10, 2022, 05:08:22 PMGood afternoon, Simon.

This afternoon, my mother attempted to catch a 94 service in Birmingham City Centre, using her concessionary bus pass. The driver stated to her that Diamond didn't accept those passes, so she had to get off and catch a NXWM 94 home instead. The Diamond website has a nice recent article stating that Diamond accept them. Is this not the case? She now feels that she has to wait for an NX bus to ensure she can travel, when she used to prefer using Claribels services that she had been using since the mid 90s.

Any chance of a clarification please?

A concessionary pass should be accepted on all locally registered bus services.  Do you have any specific details on when they tried to board, and registration number?

ellspurs

Quote from: Simon Dunn on June 12, 2022, 10:23:30 AMA concessionary pass should be accepted on all locally registered bus services.  Do you have any specific details on when they tried to board, and registration number?
From what I've been told, she tried to catch it about 12:45 from The Priory Queensway. Bustimes would suggest that it was 32235 that departed at 12:49.

BK63 YWP

Hi Simon 

Just seen ex Claribel YJ62 JZH displaying the single for £1 on the 94 on the destination display.

The Funny sounding Enviro 400

15 Wolverhampton to Merry Hill
15A Wolverhampton Merry Hill
16 Wolverhampton to Stourbridge

X10 Gornal Wood

Simon Dunn

Quote from: ellspurs on June 12, 2022, 01:28:07 PMFrom what I've been told, she tried to catch it about 12:45 from The Priory Queensway. Bustimes would suggest that it was 32235 that departed at 12:49.
We have interviewed the driver and he claims that he has never done this.  We will see if any further reports surface

Simon

Simon Dunn

Quote from: BK63 YWP on June 15, 2022, 01:19:14 PMHi Simon

Just seen ex Claribel YJ62 JZH displaying the single for £1 on the 94 on the destination display.

The vehicle will be checked tonight

Isle of Stroma

QuoteThe vehicle will be checked tonight

- 32134/YJ12CHG was displaying the same on Tuesday.

ellspurs

Quote from: Simon Dunn on June 15, 2022, 04:59:25 PMWe have interviewed the driver and he claims that he has never done this.  We will see if any further reports surface

Simon
Thank you for the reply, Simon. I've relayed the message that it should be accepted and I'll see what happens.

Thanks again.

WWH44L

Hi Simon, some very odd tracking again at Bolton including some long sold vehicles and some double tracking. 

No longer in the NW but tracking:

Double tracking:
20885 (at Eccles but also tracking at Bolton)
33027 as two vehicles at Bolton

Still not tracking but in service:

Spares being used:
Bolton
Bolton 1
Bury
Eccles 

Are drivers or maintenance supposed to input the correct fleet number when machines are swapped?

Thanks
Jason

Gareth

If a ticket machine was unabale to print tickets would passengers paying cash be allowed to board without actually paying? (Possibly to avoid the driver being accused of pocketing the cash)
The reason I ask is yesterday I boarded a 94 for my trip into town. (13.40ish Saltley Gate to City) I use a swift card and the scanner works fine. However at various stops passengers were getting on with cash fares, asking driver for a single, or the price etc and were just told to sit down. A couple got on showing NXWM tickets on mobiles who were also accepted.

I thought maybe a printer issue could be the only explanation in the cash fare instance.
I want the 94 service to succeed, but if it's carrying passengers for free then it won't.

Simon Dunn

Quote from: WWH44L on June 29, 2022, 03:35:36 PMHi Simon, some very odd tracking again at Bolton including some long sold vehicles and some double tracking.

No longer in the NW but tracking:

Double tracking:
20885 (at Eccles but also tracking at Bolton)
33027 as two vehicles at Bolton

Still not tracking but in service:

Spares being used:
Bolton
Bolton 1
Bury
Eccles

Are drivers or maintenance supposed to input the correct fleet number when machines are swapped?

Thanks
Jason

I have spoken to Bolton and they will resolve

Simon Dunn

Quote from: Gareth on June 29, 2022, 03:51:41 PMIf a ticket machine was unabale to print tickets would passengers paying cash be allowed to board without actually paying? (Possibly to avoid the driver being accused of pocketing the cash)
The reason I ask is yesterday I boarded a 94 for my trip into town. (13.40ish Saltley Gate to City) I use a swift card and the scanner works fine. However at various stops passengers were getting on with cash fares, asking driver for a single, or the price etc and were just told to sit down. A couple got on showing NXWM tickets on mobiles who were also accepted.

I thought maybe a printer issue could be the only explanation in the cash fare instance.
I want the 94 service to succeed, but if it's carrying passengers for free then it won't.
I agree if we are carrying passengers that aren't paying it won't succeed.

I will investigate your points.  Ticket Machine can fail and do at anytime.  That being said they should be swapped out for the next trip.

Simon

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk