News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Rotala Management - Questions & Answers

Started by Simon Dunn, August 28, 2013, 06:28:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Simon Dunn

Quote from: IMarkeh on June 01, 2022, 02:24:04 AMHi Simon,
Please can I ask for you to review the data which Ticketer is sending out to BODS A number of routes are listed under what I would class as their 'internal' numbers (H40, S1, K15) which means that for passengers trying to plan journeys, they can't find their normal route (in this case, 40, 1 and 15) so may think it no longer runs. Alternatively, people may see the route number and be looking for that route.

In addition, to save confusion for passengers, I think it would be good if you could work with Ticketer to mark 'contract' routes (N1/N2 and Birm Uni) as 'not for public use' as this could confuse passengers who plan their journey using these routes and of course they are unable to do so.
We will pick up on your points in due course

Westy

Afternoon Simon.

One on behalf of my nephew!

He was trying to catch 30927 around 1325 today on Walsall 31, using his Paygo Swift Card.

It appears the card machine was having a problem, as it refused the Swift Card, despite my nephew saying it had £20 on it!

I gather from nephew, driver's attitude left a lot to be desired.

He got off & he got one of your 32's instead & the card worked perfectly!

I suppose the machine problem is one of those things, & on a high frequency corridor such as the 31/32, another one will pop up shortly, but what is supposed to be the procedure,  if there is money on the card(Obviously I have no reason to doubt my nephew!) & it's a lower frequency service,  say for example the 326.

What does he do then?

Quick note from me - yes the scanner wasn't working when I travelled on it and tried to scan my nNetwork card, but the driver when I travelled (Sikh gentleman) was polite with everyone who tried to use it - Tony

Jack

Hi Simon,

Is 20741 Euro 6? Just asking as it's been appearing on the peak 94 (bus comes off 25)  near enough daily, if it isn't would it make sense to allocate a Euro 6 smaller vehicle to this board to save breaching the CAZ? 20533 or 20161 could be ideal for this particular board.

Simon Dunn

Quote from: Westy on June 01, 2022, 05:16:14 PMAfternoon Simon.

One on behalf of my nephew!

He was trying to catch 30927 around 1325 today on Walsall 31, using his Paygo Swift Card.

It appears the card machine was having a problem, as it refused the Swift Card, despite my nephew saying it had £20 on it!

I gather from nephew, driver's attitude left a lot to be desired.

He got off & he got one of your 32's instead & the card worked perfectly!

I suppose the machine problem is one of those things, & on a high frequency corridor such as the 31/32, another one will pop up shortly, but what is supposed to be the procedure,  if there is money on the card(Obviously I have no reason to doubt my nephew!) & it's a lower frequency service,  say for example the 326.

What does he do then?

Quick note from me - yes the scanner wasn't working when I travelled on it and tried to scan my nNetwork card, but the driver when I travelled (Sikh gentleman) was polite with everyone who tried to use it - Tony
We have a lot of fraudulent transactions.  We do get machine issues, and depending upon whether the passenger is a vulnerable individual or not depends upon how the driver should handle it.

Simon

Simon Dunn

QuoteHi Simon,

Is 20741 Euro 6? Just asking as it's been appearing on the peak 94 (bus comes off 25)  near enough daily, if it isn't would it make sense to allocate a Euro 6 smaller vehicle to this board to save breaching the CAZ? 20533 or 20161 could be ideal for this particular board.

Yes the vehicle has had an exhaust modification so that is emits emissions to a Euro 6 standard

Simon

As an additional comment to save any similar questions, vehicles can be checked here - Tony
Enter the vehicle registration (number plate) (drive-clean-air-zone.service.gov.uk)

Jack

Hi Simon, just seen 30806 on the 43 which appears to be not tracking on the tracker or bustimes. 

Simon Dunn

Quote from: Jack on June 06, 2022, 03:35:08 PMHi Simon, just seen 30806 on the 43 which appears to be not tracking on the tracker or bustimes.
We have checked and can see the buses tracking

4369Beast

Hi Simon, who can I speak to regarding an injury I got off one of your buses?if 

Gareth

Sorry I didn't notice the number or reg, but I caught one of the ex Claribels Pulsars today (think it was around 1pm from City Centre) that was still displaying £1 single fare.
Thought you might want to get that changed.

GoldenSquid

I don't suppose anyone know what was the fleetnumber of the 88 arriving at Solihull Station (around 1512)? As bus times is saying it was a double decker - when it was a ex-Johnsons e200?
Local Routes: 14/71/72/94/95/96/97/X12/X13

B61 ANDREW

Both 30810 and 30897 seen earlier with just Diamond in the display. Just wondered if blinds auto set to "Diamond" when the bus is not in service ?? 

Simon Dunn

Quote from: 4369Beast on June 07, 2022, 04:10:47 PMHi Simon, who can I speak to regarding an injury I got off one of your buses?if
If you email insuranceclaims@rotala.co.uk our people will respond with contact details

Simon Dunn

Quote from: Gareth on June 07, 2022, 04:41:03 PMSorry I didn't notice the number or reg, but I caught one of the ex Claribels Pulsars today (think it was around 1pm from City Centre) that was still displaying £1 single fare.
Thought you might want to get that changed.
I will ask our cleaners to check this tonight

Simon Dunn

Quote from: B61 ANDREW on June 07, 2022, 06:14:59 PMBoth 30810 and 30897 seen earlier with just Diamond in the display. Just wondered if blinds auto set to "Diamond" when the bus is not in service ??
Yes that is correct

Westy

Is there cctv on 30966, operating on the 326 today, as the driver didn't seem to be aware someone had been sick, until a passenger pointed it out to him?

It would be a camera pointing down the bus, and the offender would have been  sitting on the drivers side past the 2 side seats(the buggy area?).

The bus was the 1536 from Bilston, which was a few mins late anyway,  plus, according to Bustimes.org,  went out of service anyway,  failing the return 1630 journey from Bloxwich.

At least one group of passengers refused to get on, while I sat at the back, along with a few others!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk