News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Rotala Management - Questions & Answers

Started by Simon Dunn, August 28, 2013, 06:28:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

4369Beast

Hi Simon, is there any chance Diamond maybe increasing there presence on the Stratford Rd with Redditch gaining the X50 on a Sunday. Could this be trialed in the week as well or maybe even a Birmingham to Stratford upon Avon route again?

4369Beast

Also can you confirm or deny if the 52A is moving from Redditch to Kidderminster depot?

AJC223

Hi Simon,

What buses are going to be on the new 76/78 service in Preston?

Any new fleet?

In terms of DBNW streetdecks will we be seeing any more of them heading to diamond bus in depots such as tividale?

Simon Dunn

Quote from: 4369Beast on May 19, 2022, 06:02:11 PMHi Simon, is there any chance Diamond maybe increasing there presence on the Stratford Rd with Redditch gaining the X50 on a Sunday. Could this be trialed in the week as well or maybe even a Birmingham to Stratford upon Avon route again?
Our immediate focus is on consolidating the acquisitions we have made and making sure we provide a good level of service.

Simon Dunn

Quote from: 4369Beast on May 19, 2022, 06:02:51 PMAlso can you confirm or deny if the 52A is moving from Redditch to Kidderminster depot?
We have considered all sorts of scenarios with the upcoming changes with Johnsons.  This is not planned to happen

Simon Dunn

Quote from: AJC223 on May 20, 2022, 09:34:13 PMHi Simon,

What buses are going to be on the new 76/78 service in Preston?

Any new fleet?

In terms of DBNW streetdecks will we be seeing any more of them heading to diamond bus in depots such as tividale?
The 76/78 has been awarded on the basis of using our Mellors.  Two vehicles were moved from Tividale to Preston to provide the required number of vehicles.  This swapped as the deckers have gone to Redditch.  

There isn't at this moment in time any plans to transfer anymore

Westy

Hi Simon.

Don't know if you/West Midlands operation have been made aware that Lichfield Bower(carnival) is not taking place on the June Bank Holiday Monday as usual, but, as posted by our friends at Chaserider on Facebook, it's taking place on the Saturday 2 days before instead. 

Bearing in mind Chaserider & yourselves don't normally operate into Lichfield on a Bank Holiday, is it worth giving a bit of extra promotion to Service 35 at least, as it's a once in a lifetime opportunity for yourselves?

@Tony - Is Nx doing anything similar for the 8 & X3, especially the X3?

Simon Dunn

Quote from: Westy on May 24, 2022, 12:14:44 PMHi Simon.

Don't know if you/West Midlands operation have been made aware that Lichfield Bower(carnival) is not taking place on the June Bank Holiday Monday as usual, but, as posted by our friends at Chaserider on Facebook, it's taking place on the Saturday 2 days before instead.

Bearing in mind Chaserider & yourselves don't normally operate into Lichfield on a Bank Holiday, is it worth giving a bit of extra promotion to Service 35 at least, as it's a once in a lifetime opportunity for yourselves?

@Tony - Is Nx doing anything similar for the 8 & X3, especially the X3?
I will discuss with our marketing team

hlliwmai

Hi Simon,

Has it ever been considered moving the Metrocity's from Kidderminster to Tividale as they are Euro 6 vehicles and as Kidderminster doesn't operate many Euro 6 routes that need big buses would they not be more beneficial at Tividale especially with the 50 moving back they could be used on there or if push came to shove they could be used on the 94 this also applies for Streetlites 32221/22/23 (currently 125 branded although most of the branding is missing on these), most of the time 32312/13/14 are now permanently in use on the 125 and I've noticed the 125 branded Steetlites 32221/22/23 are being used on other routes so with that in mind those could potentially return to Tividale as extra Euro 6 vehicles

@Simon Dunn I noticed that YJ62JZH had all 3 destination blinds blank at Ward End while heading towards City Centre at 7.50.  No sign of what route it was operating other than carrying passengers.
Then I realised I think the £1 offer ends today? I assume its destination display needs updating?
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Simon Dunn

Quote from: hlliwmai on May 24, 2022, 05:43:13 PMHi Simon,

Has it ever been considered moving the Metrocity's from Kidderminster to Tividale as they are Euro 6 vehicles and as Kidderminster doesn't operate many Euro 6 routes that need big buses would they not be more beneficial at Tividale especially with the 50 moving back they could be used on there or if push came to shove they could be used on the 94 this also applies for Streetlites 32221/22/23 (currently 125 branded although most of the branding is missing on these), most of the time 32312/13/14 are now permanently in use on the 125 and I've noticed the 125 branded Steetlites 32221/22/23 are being used on other routes so with that in mind those could potentially return to Tividale as extra Euro 6 vehicles
We have not considered this

Simon Dunn

Quote from: 2206 on May 25, 2022, 10:25:48 AM@Simon Dunn I noticed that YJ62JZH had all 3 destination blinds blank at Ward End while heading towards City Centre at 7.50.  No sign of what route it was operating other than carrying passengers.
Then I realised I think the £1 offer ends today? I assume its destination display needs updating?
Steve Minor has checked the vehicle in service.  The blinds are now working.  We believe it was a driver issue

B61 ANDREW

Quote from: Simon Dunn on May 25, 2022, 02:06:52 PMSteve Minor has checked the vehicle in service.  The blinds are now working.  We believe it was a driver issue
Any chance that SM could pop over to Redditch ?  At least three vehicles with either blank blinds or just showing Diamond/Rotala seen in service yesterday.  :wink:  [Including 30967 - again -.].  Many thanks.  :smiley:

Steveminor

Do you have the fleet numbers please 

B61 ANDREW

Quote from: Steveminor on May 26, 2022, 06:53:57 AMDo you have the fleet numbers please
Sorry , not off the top of my head ,in addition to the long running problems with 30967 [only ever shows Diamond or Rotala ] , if I recall correctly there were also two Solo's.  If I get out and about today or tomorrow and notice any vehicles with faulty/missing destination displays I let you know.  Thanks for responding.  :smiley:    

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk