News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Coventry Garage

Started by 6013, July 22, 2013, 02:36:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

windy miller

The midlands news on tuesday night announced there were to be
   another 130? New (Electric) buses earmarked for Coventry sometime
   in the next 18 months apparently. (All Deckers)    Does Coventry
    currently OWN 130 Doubles?   ? :-\
Mind the Gap.....?:-)

paulb1973

Quote from: windy miller on January 19, 2022, 03:14:22 AM
  The midlands news on tuesday night announced there were to be
   another 130? New (Electric) buses earmarked for Coventry sometime
   in the next 18 months apparently. (All Deckers)    Does Coventry
    currently OWN 130 Doubles?   ? :-\

Almost [assuming this is correct]

[126 DD/51 SD]
10 E400EV (E020-29)
15 E200 (831-33/38-44/71-75)
36 B7RLE (2141-50/52-77)
18 Trident (4370/4403/6-14; 4450-54/64; 4576)
7 B7/ALX (4415-18/20/23-24)
17 B7/Gemini (4660-75/78)
54 E400 (4763-76; 4830-42/81-94; 4983-95)
20 E400MMC (6951-67; 7539-41)
___

Tony

875 out today for the first time in Coventry livery

windy miller

Will coventry be likely to get any of their  E buses  as promised anytime this year ???

cardew

Quote from: windy miller on May 03, 2022, 03:10:29 AMWill coventry be likely to get any of their  E buses  as promised anytime this year ???
I'd risk a couple of quid on seeing the first of them in service before H1001-H1020 return, but I'm not a betting man!

Danthebusman

4670 has entered service for the first time in over 6 months. 

windy miller

Quote from: cardew on May 03, 2022, 07:12:11 AMI'd risk a couple of quid on seeing the first of them in service before H1001-H1020 return, but I'm not a betting man!
I wouldn't put money on it... I might have a few quid of yours! It answers my other question too... ie when will we see the H buses back on the road? Is there a major problem or just logistics?

Solo1

Quote from: windy miller on May 08, 2022, 02:37:56 AMI wouldn't put money on it... I might have a few quid of yours! It answers my other question too... ie when will we see the H buses back on the road? Is there a major problem or just logistics?

Early June for the Walsall H buses

Tony

For those that haven't seen it on Facebook here is 871 in a new livery to match the new electrics due in the next few weeks   NXWM 871 (wmbusphotos.com)

Jack6101

Quote from: Tony on May 12, 2022, 06:59:03 PMFor those that haven't seen it on Facebook here is 871 in a new livery to match the new electrics due in the next few weeks  NXWM 871 (wmbusphotos.com)
Looks good , and will this livery come across to the West Midlands ( red line instead ) 
Local routes
74-Dudley -great bridge-west Brom-soho road-hockey-Birmingham
87-Dudley-tividale-oldbury-smethick-Dudley road , city hosp, Birmingham
126-Dudley-Birchley island-bearwood-Birmingham
14- Dudley - Oakham -whiteheath- blackheath- Quinton - helsowen
14A- Dudley - Oakham ( city road ) - blackheath - oldhill - Cradley Heath- quarry bank - merry hill

BNH2004

I saw a picture on someone's Instagram Story of a Enviro400 MMC (I think 6106) in the West Midlands version, whether it's real or edited I'm not sure but if it's real it looks to be a nice livery

BK63 YWP

QuoteI saw a picture on someone's Instagram Story of a Enviro400 MMC (I think 6106) in the West Midlands version, whether it's real or edited I'm not sure but if it's real it looks to be a nice livery
It was 6110 and was a trial run
The Funny sounding Enviro 400

15 Wolverhampton to Merry Hill
15A Wolverhampton Merry Hill
16 Wolverhampton to Stourbridge

X10 Gornal Wood

Stu

Quote from: Tony on May 12, 2022, 06:59:03 PMFor those that haven't seen it on Facebook here is 871 in a new livery to match the new electrics due in the next few weeks  NXWM 871 (wmbusphotos.com)
Interesting. I believe all the electrics due to arrive over the next few months will be double-decks, so if the remaining single-decks get treated to this new livery design, for the first time in a long time we'll have one garage/area with a consistent fleet livery.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

don

I like this livery but think, as with the NXWM red livery, a lining band below the window line would be good to break up the grey - possibly in the sky blue colour for Coventry. On the double deckers, I would imagine this would be even more important as the area of unrelieved grey will be extensive. 

Will the platinum routes in Coventry (I'm thinking especially the Leamington service) go over to this livery also? 
Bustimes.org - armchair bus chasing at its best
wmbusphotos.com - armchair bus spotting and news at its best.

Current 'special passenger validation' permit held.

Stu

Quote from: don on May 13, 2022, 03:22:56 PMI like this livery but think, as with the NXWM red livery, a lining band below the window line would be good to break up the grey - possibly in the sky blue colour for Coventry. On the double deckers, I would imagine this would be even more important as the area of unrelieved grey will be extensive.

Will the platinum routes in Coventry (I'm thinking especially the Leamington service) go over to this livery also?
Probably not, as the current Platinum vehicles at Coventry will be leaving once they are replaced by electrics, as I understand things.

I would presume that all new electric buses will be delivered in this new livery, which would leave the remaining diesel single-decks in the 'old' Coventry colours. Whether they would be repainted remains to be seen, unless of course there are also some electric single decks already on order, they will probably stay at Coventry for another year at least.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk