News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Rotala Management - Questions & Answers

Started by Simon Dunn, August 28, 2013, 06:28:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

IMarkeh

Hi Simon, 

I have 2 questions for you regarding the aquisition of Johnsons.

Firstly, with Johnsons running buses into Oxfordshire, will you be moving the 'outcast' 250 from the South East into the Worcestershire division?

Secondly, with regards to the 150, is the cut back a temporary cut? If so, no problem but if not, could the 150 and 50 not work together so that the 50 extends every so often to Redditch? It's a shame to see another direct link from Worcestershire into Birmingham cut. 

Thirdly, I am interested in the fact that you have stated that only Diamond tickets will be accepted on the new tickets and that there is no transition period for passengers with Johnsons tickets (Except Schoolars) or any information on your website on how anyone with tickets should go about getting a refund for tickets which are valid at the time of the change of operator. 

Any comments would be greatly appreciated.

Simon Dunn

Quote from: IMarkeh on May 05, 2022, 08:54:32 PMHi Simon,

I have 2 questions for you regarding the aquisition of Johnsons.

Firstly, with Johnsons running buses into Oxfordshire, will you be moving the 'outcast' 250 from the South East into the Worcestershire division?

Secondly, with regards to the 150, is the cut back a temporary cut? If so, no problem but if not, could the 150 and 50 not work together so that the 50 extends every so often to Redditch? It's a shame to see another direct link from Worcestershire into Birmingham cut.

Thirdly, I am interested in the fact that you have stated that only Diamond tickets will be accepted on the new tickets and that there is no transition period for passengers with Johnsons tickets (Except Schoolars) or any information on your website on how anyone with tickets should go about getting a refund for tickets which are valid at the time of the change of operator.

Any comments would be greatly appreciated.

We see the 250 continuing to operate as it is.

In terms of the 150, we have registered the "contractual" element due to speed.  Both ourselves and Johnsons want services to continue to operate and why we have taken over a few services early.  Given time we need to look at how the 50/150 could work better.

All the rest of the services are due to be taken over on 29th May.  The only period passes sold not administered by an LTA relates to the scholars we are honoring.

Simon

fleetline6477

Congratulations on the latest acquisition.

Where routes being taken over are explained under the news section on the website On the Redditch 64 link the route planner is of the West Bromwich service 64, all other info seems to relate to the Redditch service.

Simon Dunn

We take on the Redditch Services, X20, 887/88, University of Birmingham and the Services operated in Stratford upon Avon

Simon

@Simon Dunn still Claribel 94/94A timetable up at Foley Road. Are TFWM going to put the new Diamond timetable up at some point?
Towards Chelmsley direction.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Simon Dunn

Quote from: 2206 on May 10, 2022, 11:00:24 AM@Simon Dunn still Claribel 94/94A timetable up at Foley Road. Are TFWM going to put the new Diamond timetable up at some point?
Towards Chelmsley direction.
TfWM update these in sequence.  I am sure they will pick this up in due course

hlliwmai

Hi Simon, 

I don't believe there is any truth to it but can you confirm yes or no if the 4H is being extended and becoming a partnership route at some point to Stourbridge and Bloxwich as a post on Facebook last night would suggest that this is the case? I'm guessing there is no truth to this post on Facebook?

Simon Dunn

Quote from: hlliwmai on May 11, 2022, 02:14:56 PMHi Simon,

I don't believe there is any truth to it but can you confirm yes or no if the 4H is being extended and becoming a partnership route at some point to Stourbridge and Bloxwich as a post on Facebook last night would suggest that this is the case? I'm guessing there is no truth to this post on Facebook?
As part of the West Midlands BSIP the intention is that the whole network is to be reviewed.  That being said, we cannot see any logic in making changes you suggest to the 4H, nor has there been any conversation along these lines

hlliwmai

Hi Simon, 

With the 226 receiving refreshed branding I'm just wondering whether anything else will receive new/refreshed branding as well? For example the 16 as most of the 16 branded Streetlites I've been seeing recently has half of the branding missing and it looks really untidy, also I have noticed that the 125 branded Streetlites from Kidderminster need new branding as well as the same has happened to them as like the 16 branding i.e. missing branding, also will the 002 or 4H receive new branding as I know both routes used to have branding previously. 

Westy

Quote from: hlliwmai on May 15, 2022, 04:40:46 PMHi Simon,

With the 226 receiving refreshed branding I'm just wondering whether anything else will receive new/refreshed branding as well? For example the 16 as most of the 16 branded Streetlites I've been seeing recently has half of the branding missing and it looks really untidy, also I have noticed that the 125 branded Streetlites from Kidderminster need new branding as well as the same has happened to them as like the 16 branding i.e. missing branding, also will the 002 or 4H receive new branding as I know both routes used to have branding previously.
Ditto the 31 / 32 vehicles as well, with missing bits of West Midlands Bus branding, if that is still a thing now.

On the subject of those vehicles, are those vehicles really desparate for adverts on the back, as it ruins the rear branding?

Simon Dunn

Quote from: hlliwmai on May 15, 2022, 04:40:46 PMHi Simon,

With the acquisition of Johnsons, we need to look at how we are going to use the fleet.   The 50 buses will remain in Redditch to operate the Stratford/ Solihull work but the 50 will move to Tividale.

Either way - we need to put right what we have and I have asked our Marketing people to look at this.

Simon Dunn

Quote from: Westy on May 15, 2022, 05:44:05 PMDitto the 31 / 32 vehicles as well, with missing bits of West Midlands Bus branding, if that is still a thing now.

On the subject of those vehicles, are those vehicles really desparate for adverts on the back, as it ruins the rear branding?
Thank you - we will pick up the 31/32 branding at the same time.

In terms of advertising - do you have a specific vehicle?

Westy

Quote from: Simon Dunn on May 15, 2022, 06:32:58 PMThank you - we will pick up the 31/32 branding at the same time.

In terms of advertising - do you have a specific vehicle?
Think just the B7Lre's I've seen.

Jack

When is the 50 moving back to Tividale? Also will any Streetlites be moving?

Jack D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk