News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Walsall Garage

Started by Nathan4775, April 06, 2012, 06:52:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AIR

Oh no a disaster (although some WA drivers may disagree)! That bus couldn't half move. I struggled to catch up with it the other week which made it ideal for the Tamworth SFA allocations.
With another Trident gone there seems to be a greater possibility that the services will be allocated either E400's and Platinums more frequently again. These seem to be slower at accelerating away either from a stop or the plethora of speed humps in Tamworth they have to negotiate (on both routes). Although in reality it may only make a small difference of maybe between 2 or 3 minutes or so in time I think the perception is that they seem to take ages. Certainly the afternoon services which have very rarely been a Trident (SFA1 now is again) seem to not keep to or make up time (if late leaving school due to the traffic).
Tony is there any likelihood of any others being shipped in for the time being to cover...4327 or even 4354 re-instated maybe??

Jack

Quote from: AIR on March 29, 2022, 09:10:51 PM
Oh no a disaster (although some WA drivers may disagree)! That bus couldn't half move. I struggled to catch up with it the other week which made it ideal for the Tamworth SFA allocations.
With another Trident gone there seems to be a greater possibility that the services will be allocated either E400's and Platinums more frequently again. These seem to be slower at accelerating away either from a stop or the plethora of speed humps in Tamworth they have to negotiate (on both routes). Although in reality it may only make a small difference of maybe between 2 or 3 minutes or so in time I think the perception is that they seem to take ages. Certainly the afternoon services which have very rarely been a Trident (SFA1 now is again) seem to not keep to or make up time (if late leaving school due to the traffic).
Tony is there any likelihood of any others being shipped in for the time being to cover...4327 or even 4354 re-instated maybe??
4576 from Coventry? They've shoved the other Crimson's back would make sense, also it would be with the other 45**?

Kevin

(from the Claribels thread to avoid going massively off topic....)

Quote from: Tony on March 31, 2022, 07:13:56 PM
The X15 is being included into the running boards covering all these routes as well. NXWM instead of bidding for all the different routes put one combined bid in to cover the X15, 77, 167, 168 & 604 which will all be run by Walsall garage

LOL, what? Walsall? The garage that have twice given up the 77 so that a closer garage can run it? So extending it back to Walsall then or running it from a distance/interworking it to guarantee it will all fail?

Oh how the once mighty 377 has fallen into a route that gets all the tendered contract stuff added in
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

Westy

Quote from: Kevin on April 01, 2022, 08:37:12 AM

LOL, what? Walsall? The garage that have twice given up the 77 so that a closer garage can run it? So extending it back to Walsall then or running it from a distance/interworking it to guarantee it will all fail?

Oh how the once mighty 377 has fallen into a route that gets all the tendered contract stuff added in

Can a garage 'give up' a route or is it more complicated than that?

Tony

Quote from: Kevin on April 01, 2022, 08:37:12 AM

Mighty 377? A route that was deemed suitable for minibuses was back in the 1980s! At least these changes put this back to a proper service between Walsall & Sutton Coldfield and gives through links to various parts of Erdington

Wumpty

Quote from: Westy on April 01, 2022, 09:56:14 AM
Can a garage 'give up' a route or is it more complicated than that?

Not quite "give up a route", though I see where @Kevin is coming from.

There's a number of factors that would influence such a decision - bus types, available labour, available number of buses on fleet and interworking ability to name just some main areas.

It's not the first time that Walsall have operated out of its own patch. Walsall covered the 900 for a time between Coventry and Birmingham, West Bromwich 410/411 and the Wolverhampton 527/528 Circulars, all with due consideration to the above factors.
Autofare 3 - the ticket that laughs in the face of contactless!

PB2938

377 was once a mighty Route December 1993 - March 1994

Walsall- Sutton Coldfield - Erdington - Bromford - Chelmsley Wood round trip of around 3 hrs.

https://flic.kr/p/DXm26d
952A Rugeley
Via Great Barr,  Walsall, Cheslyn Hay, Cannock, Heath Hayes and Hednesford

Wumpty

Quote from: PB2938 on April 02, 2022, 10:34:20 AM377 was once a mighty Route December 1993 - March 1994

Walsall- Sutton Coldfield - Erdington - Bromford - Chelmsley Wood round trip of around 3 hrs.

https://flic.kr/p/DXm26d

Aaaaaah, the old Beacon Area!

monkeyjoe

I remember it not lasting very long all because of the 25

Tony

6746 has just arrived back at Walsall garage fully repaired from being too close to 4601. Won't be out for a bit though. Paint shop first, then needs a new MoT

Wumpty

Quote from: Tony on April 06, 2022, 07:59:52 PM6746 has just arrived back at Walsall garage fully repaired from being too close to 4601. Won't be out for a bit though. Paint shop first, then needs a new MoT
Plenty of aftersun then Tony!!!!

windy miller

I notice most if not all of the hydrogen vehicles appear to
    have no operating date(s) beyond febuary in the service lists?
     presumably there are no fixed services on a daily basis?
        so no tracking facility available ?
Mind the Gap.....?:-)

Quote from: windy miller on April 09, 2022, 01:38:04 AMI notice most if not all of the hydrogen vehicles appear to
    have no operating date(s) beyond febuary in the service lists?
     presumably there are no fixed services on a daily basis?
        so no tracking facility available ?
Yes none of them have been in service for a while now.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

windy miller

Many thanks for the info is there any particular reason for their
  absence?  I'm guessing there may not be enough covid free
  drivers familiar with the design?

Incidentally, Despite having THREE covid jabs I still caught
a relativly mild covid related virus a few weeks ago.... I had a variety of symptoms...lack of sleep/..or bowel movements...
... a high temperature/ shaking /loss of appetite for two or three days but mainly coughing/phlegm I kept taking paracetamol and beechams remedies but I was never in any pain and  it all cleared up within 8 days so make sure you wear a mask in public !.... 

Mind the Gap.....?:-)

Solo1

The hydrogen buses are having work done & the refueling place has a problem til mid April

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk