News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

National Express Coaches

Started by winston, October 01, 2012, 12:57:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hlliwmai

D10

Now for something a bit different!

Old Nat Ex Coach advert from 1990. It looks like the old Banbury Bus Station at the end, so I suspect the new and very quiet motorway was the M40 extension which would have been being built back then.

Justin Tyme

Quote from: D10 on August 21, 2023, 08:37:00 PMNow for something a bit different!

Old Nat Ex Coach advert from 1990. It looks like the old Banbury Bus Station at the end, so I suspect the new and very quiet motorway was the M40 extension which would have been being built back then.

You could well be right!  It does look like the old Banbury Bus Station.

Mayfield

Article on route one about NX passenger numbers is good news

Tony

Woods 362 starring roll in an advert with Take That (and me as the driver)

Wba_lad

I seen a post that national express coaches are actually running on Christmas Day, any ideas what services will be running on these days. I know the 151 (Birmingham to Grimsby via Leicester, Newark, Lincoln and cleethorpes) isn't running, I also assume the 152 (Birmingham to hull via Nottingham, Doncaster and Scunthorpe) as these are both oporated by East Yorkshire coaches. Is it just services oporated by national express themselves running, or is it services that run into London. 

Stu

Quote from: Wba_lad on December 18, 2023, 10:05:28 PMI seen a post that national express coaches are actually running on Christmas Day, any ideas what services will be running on these days. I know the 151 (Birmingham to Grimsby via Leicester, Newark, Lincoln and cleethorpes) isn't running, I also assume the 152 (Birmingham to hull via Nottingham, Doncaster and Scunthorpe) as these are both oporated by East Yorkshire coaches. Is it just services oporated by national express themselves running, or is it services that run into London.

It's all on their website:
https://www.nationalexpress.com/en/christmas
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Rachvince53

Interesting to note that service 808 (Wolverhampton to London) will use Faulkland Street coach park instead of the bus station. 

Quote from: Rachvince53 on December 19, 2023, 12:13:40 PMInteresting to note that service 808 (Wolverhampton to London) will use Faulkland Street coach park instead of the bus station.
The bus station probably isn't open on christmas day. 
With no local bus services running to there's no need for it to open.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Wba_lad

Quote from: 2206 on December 19, 2023, 05:07:22 PMThe bus station probably isn't open on christmas day.
With no local bus services running to there's no need for it to open.
Yes, Wolverhampton bus station will most likely be locked up after the last service on Christmas Eve, I can't imagine TFWM wanting to open the bus station for one coach service,

Smethwickian

Quote from: Rachvince53 on December 19, 2023, 12:13:40 PMInteresting to note that service 808 (Wolverhampton to London) will use Faulkland Street coach park instead of the bus station.
Similar 'nearby but not inside closed bus stations' arrangements will apply to NX Christmas Day services from Edinburgh, Swansea, Middlesbrough and Golders Green. Passengers will need to check their tickets or the timetables at https://timetables.nationalexpress.com/routes carefully.

IMarkeh

Surely NatEx should do an assessment on whether the Banga stand at the police station can be used by Levantes? After all, that is an official coach stand and much closer to the town than Faulkland Street

Tony

Quote from: IMarkeh on December 20, 2023, 08:21:45 PMSurely NatEx should do an assessment on whether the Banga stand at the police station can be used by Levantes? After all, that is an official coach stand and much closer to the town than Faulkland Street
With no other public transport running, being in the city centre is no advantage.

Faulkland Street is called a coach station and has plenty of room for passengers to be dropped off by car/minicab/taxi.

IMarkeh

Quote from: Tony on December 20, 2023, 08:29:52 PMWith no other public transport running, being in the city centre is no advantage.

Faulkland Street is called a coach station and has plenty of room for passengers to be dropped off by car/minicab/taxi.
I can see your point but they have kept city centre stops for other places and so it must still have some value.

Just because Faulkland Street is called a 'coach station', it doesn't mean it is one. It's quite far from it now, it's just a coach park with New Bharat Coaches stopping there twice per day. Hardly constitutes a coach station.

Tony

Quote from: IMarkeh on December 22, 2023, 04:52:52 PMI can see your point but they have kept city centre stops for other places and so it must still have some value.

Just because Faulkland Street is called a 'coach station', it doesn't mean it is one. It's quite far from it now, it's just a coach park with New Bharat Coaches stopping there twice per day. Hardly constitutes a coach station.
It does have car parking and public toilets though, two big advantages over a bus stop in the city centre

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk