News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

London Midland Snow Hill Timetable from December

Started by D10, July 24, 2012, 09:50:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

D10

I am sure that I heard that London Midland were going to speed up journeys on the Snow Hill lane once the 172 were delivered (they are) and when the re-signalling was completed on the Stourbridge - Worcester section of line (currently underway).

Therefore has anyone heard if there will be faster trains from December?

Certainly Chiltern look like they are making changes from December; for example a new train from Kidderminster at 0710 and the 0730 from Kidderminster will arrive at Snow Hill a few minutes  earlier from December:

http://www.chilternrailways.co.uk/news/december-2012-timetable-consultation

Roy

I understand that the London Midland Snow Hill lines timetable will not be radically changed until December 2013 at the earliest.  Like you, I find this amazing as the 172's have now bedded in and the resignalling around Stourbridge and Kidderminster is on schedule for completion within the next 6 weeks.

The Chiltern December 2012 timetable is out for public consultation and could change between now and December.  However, the good news is that it is intended to run the 0610 from Kidderminster to Marylebone, the 0640 from Stourbridge Junction to Marylebone, and the 1715 and 1815 from Marylebone to Kidderminster using a Class 67 + 6 Mk3 coaches + DVT set.  The Mk3 coaches are currently being refurbished with button operated plug doors rather than slam doors.

D10

Thanks Roy, exciting times ahead for Chiltern again then.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk