News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Electric Buses

Started by Tony, February 01, 2020, 02:10:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stu

My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

RW

Any particular reason Tony? Want it branded first perhaps?

CL

E001 has jus passed me on Bradford Street.. no chance for a photograph, though! :(
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

darthdc

Quote from: CL on March 03, 2020, 11:46:01 AM
E001 has jus passed me on Bradford Street.. no chance for a photograph, though! :(

Saw it in Kings Heath - must be heading to YW. No branding as yet - just identified it by the reg plate.

Ginger66

As trolley buses run on electricity, would we see trolleybuses back a come back to the streets of Birmingham or the west midlands,

Tony

Quote from: Ginger66 on March 03, 2020, 01:42:55 PM
As trolley buses run on electricity, would we see trolleybuses back a come back to the streets of Birmingham or the west midlands,

No!

They're saving money not wiring tram lines. Certainly not going spend millions on the infrastructure trolley buses need (twin wires because rubber tyres don't give an earth)

CL

I've been told that type training begins tomorrow.. Just my luck that I'll be in Nottingham then! ::) Luckily caught a shot of it arriving at the depot ;) ; had caught a 3 back to Yardley Wood having not long come by it in Digbeth

edit; photograph of E004 on CBW article

https://cbwmagazine.com/national-express-group-sets-out-a-zero-emission-vision/
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

karl724223

Quote from: CL on March 03, 2020, 02:59:39 PM
I've been told that type training begins tomorrow.. Just my luck that I'll be in Nottingham then! ::) Luckily caught a shot of it arriving at the depot ;) ; had caught a 3 back to Yardley Wood having not long come by it in Digbeth

training already started

BK63 YWP

Quote from: CL on March 03, 2020, 02:59:39 PM

E004 on delivery from Falkirk, how long would that take to arrive including charging?
The Funny sounding Enviro 400

15 Wolverhampton to Merry Hill
15A Wolverhampton Merry Hill
16 Wolverhampton to Stourbridge

X10 Gornal Wood

darthdc

Quote from: SL 16 YPN on March 03, 2020, 08:24:12 PM
E004 on delivery from Falkirk, how long would that take to arrive including charging?

Depends on miles per full battery, I guess! If it were diesel, a few fuel stops required

Tony

Quote from: darthdc on March 03, 2020, 08:55:03 PM
If it were diesel, a few fuel stops required

Why do you reckon that? I can do Walsall to Dundee on just over half a tank. Falkirk is even closer

Metroman

Quote from: Ginger66 on March 03, 2020, 01:42:55 PM

It might actually be feasible to wire parts of the Sprint routes similar to the Metro.

Edit: Do we expect any single deck electrics too?

darthdc

Quote from: Metroman on March 03, 2020, 09:05:09 PM
It might actually be feasible to wire parts of the Sprint routes similar to the Metro.

Edit: Do we expect any single deck electrics too?

Good point, since there are routes where double deckers are unsuitable (YW Route 27 for instance - still remember an incident about a DD going under the tunnel on Bournville Lane).

Tony

I've just delivered E002 to YW (beautiful to drive), and E003 and E004 are now at BC

andyr

i passed E006 on the M40 this morning heading south near Stokenchurch.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk