News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Electric Buses

Started by Tony, February 01, 2020, 02:10:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WM_58

WM_58

Quote from: Tony on March 26, 2020, 10:18:21 AM
This has got route branding.

Coventry ones won't have Stratford Road on them

I didn't expect to see Stratford Road buses in Cov. My point is given how this is a massive milestone for public transport in the West Midlands, I wasn't sure if if National Express would want to standardise the electric bus branding to make them instantly recognisable. The route branding is much more subtle on these to that we have seen over the last few years. Branding is key to the punters who don't know one bus from the next.

These E buses look superb and the branding looks great but will they be instantly recognisable like the the platinums are compared to the crimson...

Tony

Quote from: 2206 on March 26, 2020, 11:08:38 AM
There's no other route at YW that goes from Solihull to Birmingham City Centre via Hall Green and Shirley.
So I think the answer to the question is yes they will be used on the 6.

Until the Stratford Road review

cardew

I am not suggesting changes to the 5 would happen imminently, but do the new electrics fit legally under the Robin Hood Lane bridge?

Tony

Quote from: cardew on March 26, 2020, 11:59:58 AM
I am not suggesting changes to the 5 would happen imminently, but do the new electrics fit legally under the Robin Hood Lane bridge?

Yes they do, they are 14'2" same as normal MMCs

MARKG

I have to say that livery looks stunning. Really like the silver electric flashes. Subtle and not overstated.

markcf83

Quote from: Tony on March 26, 2020, 09:45:50 AM
Permission has just been given, so here is the link again
http://wmbusphotos.com/NXWM/E001/E001.html?fbclid=IwAR3vfld3ooal9VhLQo1KIhYoPQKGTpw4SSOTHuiZ0eT29z3RJdxrpP0R85E

One word. Stunning. Looking forward to seeing some of them in Birmingham later in the year post COVID 19.
Don't judge me until you've walked in my size ten shoes.

Solo1

Steve3229vp

Quote from: Solo1 on March 26, 2020, 05:30:33 PM
what review is this
I'm surprised it took over 6 hours for someone to say that !

Stu

While waiting for my bus to work this morning (yes, I am a 'key worker'), E011 went past me on Yardley Wood Road while on 'Electric Bus Driver Training'.

Was remarkable how quiet it was on approaching, only really made a minimal amount of noise on passing me.

This one was still plain and unbranded so looked unremarkable, but the branded example photographed does look quite exceptional.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Busboy105

Quote from: Stu on March 26, 2020, 07:20:26 PM
While waiting for my bus to work this morning (yes, I am a 'key worker'), E011 went past me on Yardley Wood Road while on 'Electric Bus Driver Training'.

Was remarkable how quiet it was on approaching, only really made a minimal amount of noise on passing me.

Well it is  an electric bus. Making as less noise as possible is kinda what they do.

Stevo

Transport for London is insisting its electric buses make some sort of sound so people in crossing roads in centres can hear them. London is using bleeping but why not record a Metrobus whining away and use that sound? ;)

windy miller

Quote from: Busboy105 on March 26, 2020, 10:20:43 PM
Well it is  an electric bus. Making as less noise as possible is kinda what they do.

As I recorded on page 1 of my 'Avin a larf' page my late father didn't hear a bus.....
Mind the Gap.....?:-)

winston

dingding

Saw EO17 on trade plates passing Wheatsheaf Sheldon heading towards city lunchtime today.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk