News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Recent posts

Rotala / Re: Rotala Management - Questi...
Last post by Bethhart2022 - Today at 02:32:58 PM
Any current idea of when the yutong will be back out 
Quote from: wembley86 on Today at 11:50:09 AMI think both candidates for Labour and the Conservatives make good points.  I would prefer Andy Streets method of capping fares, because a franchise method you still going to have delays to service during the day.

But no one as considered that first thing we you need to look at getting people out of private vehicles first and onto public transport and keeping them using it, but how do you do that and at what cost to the local authority or transport operator/s. 

The problem with Franchising is a lot of local services currently run would also be withdrawn, what the Labour bloke hasn't factored in is the fact and I'll use Walsall as Midlands Today were there when the they reported on this is Roadworks and the fact all it takes is one motorway M6 or M5 to be screwed and all the A Roads become congested. I often wonder what people who moan expect the bus to do fly. Walsall alone the 529 which was mentioned for years has had J10 works these cause delays, this would also affect the 41 down Bloxwhich Lane. If the M6 at either J10, J9 or J8/7 is screwed this causes the A34, A454, A463, A461, A462, A4444, A4038 and countless other roads delays hence delaying the X51, 51, 34, 37, 39, 11, 11A, 529, 41 as traffic looks to Divert from the M6 along the A34 onto to say the A454 to get down to J9 or J10 this also delays the 79 in Darlaston. Then City Services are delayed by Metro Works. 

As someone who has used mostly NX buses for the last 3 or 4 years they are more reliable than the Thandi 37 which ran every 20 minutes but disappeared often on Fridays. Other factors are the Tram when it was down it put more cars on the road and more people on the 79/74 the 79 would often start to get busy normally between Darlaston and Wolverhampton, it was often almost full by the time it reached Darlaston. The M5 and M6 cause West Brom buses to be delayed notably the 74. The 37 is being run by NX of Evening on tender and Commercially I believe during the day to cover for Thandi, NX only ran it between Darlaston and Willenhall. Under a franchise this and routes like the 310 and 65 could be scrapped. 

The biggest issue is Councils and MP's almost destroying the bus services, the removal of the A34 flyover makes the X51 10 minutes longer and at Peak times stuck in Traffic. The constant approval of Roadworks at busy times. Last year The 79 was affected by 3 or 4 set of roadworks in Bilston within the space of a few weeks. Initially it was an overnight resurfacing Job on Mount Pleasant. Then they screwed that up so the A41 at the junction was down to Temporary Lights, then they moved these further down to near the Island for 5G City Fibre works then there was some by the Peugeot Garage the other side of that island not forgetting the roadworks they do in Hilltop or Wednesbury. This year has seen two lots of work in Wednesbury and some in Bilston. Willenhall has seen some. Franchising just causes more issues as Diamond might take on the 37 there might be Roadworks in Tividale making it late and then some in Willenhall. 

Other issues include ASB on the 29, 69, 70, 70A, 37, 11 and other routes. This current Mayor isn't perfect in my eyes but Bus Fares are cheap, he has said the bus is the backbone which it is and has acknowledged that there needs to be better infrastructure in place
I think both candidates for Labour and the Conservatives make good points.  I would prefer Andy Streets method of capping fares, because a franchise method you still going to have delays to service during the day. 

But no one as considered that first thing we you need to look at getting people out of private vehicles first and onto public transport and keeping them using it, but how do you do that and at what cost to the local authority or transport operator/s.  

4469 (97 branded) on the X12/X13.
6880 (X21 X22 branded) on the X12.
4469 on the X12/X13.
First / Re: First Bus - Leicester
Last post by Tony - Today at 10:31:22 AM
Quote from: Mayfield on Today at 10:24:53 AMThe photo of First York 36501 loaded yesterday at Tyseley there looks like a First Kite parked behind it, what and who's facilities are at Tyseley
It's a Leicester kite for air conditioning work 
Last post by Mayfield - Today at 10:24:53 AM
The photo of First York 36501 loaded yesterday at Tyseley there looks like a First Kite parked behind it, what and who's facilities are at Tyseley
Long term dead and a bus that didn't see service in 2023, 4802 is on the 33
Last post by Glenfieldmathk1 - Today at 09:33:36 AM
First Streetdeck Electroliner, I've just seen it heading down A50 in Markfield. All green with dark green stripes.
Coincidently it was following a EMA Evolution! 
Hopefully be out in service soon!
National Express West Midlands / Re: Buses on loan
Last post by Wba_lad - Today at 08:30:53 AM
Quote from: Tony on Yesterday at 06:47:53 PMNo-one actually noticed 4995 on the 9?
I did see it on the tracker, but I didn't know if it was a tracking error.
SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk