News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

New Deliveries / New Livery & Branding Discussion

Started by barry, March 06, 2015, 10:51:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gareth

One thing I can't work out from any of the new photos is if the red stripe is solid red (which it looks) or if it's the same two tone as all the repaints and Cov blue.

Coventrybususer95

Quote from: Gareth on February 05, 2024, 10:14:55 AMOne thing I can't work out from any of the new photos is if the red stripe is solid red (which it looks) or if it's the same two tone as all the repaints and Cov blue.
Looks to be solid red from photos iv seen 
All views are my own and does not represent the views of any company/ business that i maybe be working with

jasmine

Quote from: Gareth on February 05, 2024, 10:14:55 AMOne thing I can't work out from any of the new photos is if the red stripe is solid red (which it looks) or if it's the same two tone as all the repaints and Cov blue.
solid

frostjay974

Given that there is just over a day left of the 73 registration and E218 - E243 haven't yet been delivered will they carry the 24 plate instead?

BK63 YWP

QuoteGiven that there is just over a day left of the 73 registration and E218 - E243 haven't yet been delivered will they carry the 24 plate instead?
Quite a few of the 50 new buses that have been delivered haven't been registered so will be re-registered as 24 plates 
The Funny sounding Enviro 400

15 Wolverhampton to Merry Hill
15A Wolverhampton Merry Hill
16 Wolverhampton to Stourbridge

X10 Gornal Wood

Mayfield

Is 4908 a recent repaint as from the photo loaded tonight there's quite a few bit of the old red livery showing on the front, roof and under drivers side window

BNH2004

Quote from: Mayfield on March 13, 2024, 09:46:52 PMIs 4908 a recent repaint as from the photo loaded tonight there's quite a few bit of the old red livery showing on the front, roof and under drivers side window
It's a wrap

TGZac

Just seen 4946 in wrap pass me on the 63. Does not look any better than in pictures. I know it's temporary and I'd rather see a grey wrap than battered red+white/crimson paint but it looks awful. 

Quote from: TGZac on March 19, 2024, 03:53:32 PMJust seen 4946 in wrap pass me on the 63. Does not look any better than in pictures. I know it's temporary and I'd rather see a grey wrap than battered red+white/crimson paint but it looks awful.
Totally agree its awful saw it yesterday on Smallbrook Queensway  as bad as the red/white wraps back in day

jasmine

Quote from: 2900 on March 31, 2024, 10:15:14 AMTotally agree its awful saw it yesterday on Smallbrook Queensway  as bad as the red/white wraps back in day
because nx clearly care about how the bus looks so much to the point they've put it in a temporary wrap, but it doesn't make sense to not go the full 9 yards. and I don't mean do the best wrap you've ever seen but it could at least be better than what they did

Tony

Quote from: jasmine on March 31, 2024, 11:06:06 AMbecause nx clearly care about how the bus looks so much to the point they've put it in a temporary wrap, but it doesn't make sense to not go the full 9 yards. and I don't mean do the best wrap you've ever seen but it could at least be better than what they did
So what would you have done better? This was paid for by Global who only needed to return the bus to the condition it was in when the advert was applied, which was appalling red & white.

ellspurs

Obviously you take the bus off the road and meticulously repaint it by hand for the desired effect. Better to keep an ugly bus off the road and put a single decker out in its place instead of serving the passengers.

(If you can't tell the above is written sarcastically)

Wumpty

Quote from: jasmine on March 31, 2024, 11:06:06 AMbecause nx clearly care about how the bus looks so much to the point they've put it in a temporary wrap, but it doesn't make sense to not go the full 9 yards. and I don't mean do the best wrap you've ever seen but it could at least be better than what they did
Again, this goes back to the 4801 debate and what is/isn't contractually required and having it recognisable as an NX bus.

I don't see the same levels of criticism being levied at the smaller operators that press any old bus into service, regardless of its aesthetic or mechanical state.

Autofare 3 - the ticket that laughs in the face of contactless!

jasmine

Quote from: Wumpty on April 01, 2024, 09:04:46 AMAgain, this goes back to the 4801 debate and what is/isn't contractually required and having it recognisable as an NX bus.

I don't see the same levels of criticism being levied at the smaller operators that press any old bus into service, regardless of its aesthetic or mechanical state.

because they are smaller operators as you said which likely cannot afford it unlike nxwm which have a huge monopoly over the west midlands area (literally 93% of services) and bring in record profits year over year (197.3 million in 2023)

i don't know but to me it just makes sense to maybe put an ounce of care into how your equipment looks when its being used on 93% of the west midlands's bus services.

winston

Quote from: jasmine on April 01, 2024, 03:44:31 PMbecause they are smaller operators as you said which likely cannot afford it unlike nxwm which have a huge monopoly over the west midlands area (literally 93% of services) and bring in record profits year over year (197.3 million in 2023)

i don't know but to me it just makes sense to maybe put an ounce of care into how your equipment looks when its being used on 93% of the west midlands's bus services.
NXWM did not make record profits of £197.3 Million in 2023 at all, that was the profit for the entire NX Group (now known as Mobico Group).

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk