News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Destination displays

Started by Gareth, February 23, 2022, 04:53:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quote from: Sh4318 on January 13, 2024, 01:58:12 PMThe other day I saw a platinum on the 16 that alternated between:
16 Hamstead

and:
16 Hamstead
via Hockley

All of the BC platinums seem to have the new format on their rear displays, apart from 6841, 7522 - which displays don't work, 6873 - which doesn't have a rear display and 6979 - which, last time I checked, was using the old format
I saw 7527 with the old format on Thursday.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

mesub

Quote from: Sh4318 on January 13, 2024, 01:58:12 PMThe other day I saw a platinum on the 16 that alternated between:
16 Hamstead

and:
16 Hamstead
via Hockley

All of the BC platinums seem to have the new format on their rear displays, apart from 6841, 7522 - which displays don't work, 6873 - which doesn't have a rear display and 6979 - which, last time I checked, was using the old format

6979 isn't a BC bus FYI.
23 - Bartley Green
76 - Northfield
X20 - Birmingham Via Longbridge, Northfield & QE Hospital / University

Wba_lad

I've noticed today that on the 11A service (Walsall to Dudley) on the front and side it shows 11A but the rear blind just shows 11.

TGZac

I noticed that the NIS blinds (at least the rear blinds on platinum) now show NX's social media links 

jasmine

Quote from: TGZac on March 21, 2024, 03:48:14 PMI noticed that the NIS blinds (at least the rear blinds on platinum) now show NX's social media links
they have been like that for a long time

Stu

Noticed 6703 on the 5 this evening has new style destination displays.

On the front it shows "Solihull Town Centre", with 'town centre' in a thinner/narrower typeface.

On the rear it has Solihull in large, with Town above Centre on the right.

I also noticed on 6917 that it was only showing 'Yardley Wood' on the rear display while on the 3.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

mesub

Looks like they're rolling it across more garages than (so a few announcement names may be updated too)
23 - Bartley Green
76 - Northfield
X20 - Birmingham Via Longbridge, Northfield & QE Hospital / University

Wba_lad

Quote from: Stu on April 04, 2024, 07:23:07 PMNoticed 6703 on the 5 this evening has new style destination displays.

On the front it shows "Solihull Town Centre", with 'town centre' in a thinner/narrower typeface.

On the rear it has Solihull in large, with Town above Centre on the right.

I also noticed on 6917 that it was only showing 'Yardley Wood' on the rear display while on the 3.
Yeah I've noticed that it displays like this 

Solihull town
            Centre 

But Solihull is the same size as as what town centre is if that makes sense. 

Stu

Quote from: Wba_lad on April 05, 2024, 06:04:40 PMYeah I've noticed that it displays like this

Solihull town
            Centre

But Solihull is the same size as as what town centre is if that makes sense.

Yes, bit difficult to describe without an image. It's like on the rear displays on the X2 and X12, that show 'Railway Station' stacked up next to Solihull.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Wba_lad

Quote from: Stu on April 05, 2024, 07:18:11 PMYes, bit difficult to describe without an image. It's like on the rear displays on the X2 and X12, that show 'Railway Station' stacked up next to Solihull.

Yeah that's it not town centre sorry. It's hard to explain how it's displayed as you said.

jasmine

Quote from: Stu on April 05, 2024, 07:18:11 PMYes, bit difficult to describe without an image. It's like on the rear displays on the X2 and X12, that show 'Railway Station' stacked up next to Solihull.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk