News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Centrebus

Started by Bruce_LOA400X, September 30, 2012, 11:19:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Glenfieldmathk1

Went on the 128 today to Barrow Upon Soar! Wow what a great (fast) journey 👍 A Shame there wasn't many on the bus. Hopefully it will gain popularity and they won't withdraw it. 

47609FireFly

RV22 DMY, an Ilesbus bodied Iveco demonstrator, was noted parked in the yard at Leicester depot on 25/08/2023. 

Mayfield

Still parked there today.

47609FireFly

Bus 727 is now predominantly pink by virtue of it gaining an allover advert vinyl for the worthy cause of organ donation. Thankfully, the windows aren't covered with anything.

Mayfield

Nice to see Dart 555 in in the new livery and sees use virtually every day.

Mayfield

Anyone know why 924/5 haven't see any use for over a month if Bustimes are correct, not long purchased and painted them.

SSmith09

Quote from: Mayfield on September 28, 2023, 06:21:57 PMAnyone know why 924/5 haven't see any use for over a month if Bustimes are correct, not long purchased and painted them.
From what's been posted on the Centrebus enthusiasts facebook group they're both currently VOR (Vehicle Off Road)

931 went on loan to Grantham to assist and 909 has joined it

47609FireFly

Quote from: SSmith09 on September 28, 2023, 06:26:28 PMFrom what's been posted on the Centrebus enthusiasts facebook group they're both currently VOR (Vehicle Off Road)

931 went on loan to Grantham to assist and 909 has joined it

On 28/09/2023, 931 was noted in the yard at Wenlock Way, Leicester. Also present was an allover white MCV Evora bodied Volvo B8RLE registered BV73 MKA.

Magikrabby

Quote from: 47609FireFly on September 28, 2023, 11:04:31 AMBus 727 is now predominantly pink by virtue of it gaining an allover advert vinyl for the worthy cause of organ donation. Thankfully, the windows aren't covered with anything.
Seems fitting that one of the old UHL busses got a UHL-branded advert - I wonder if this was intentional? 

I noticed that according to bustimes 726 and 728 went back to the depot at around 10am on 26/09/23, the day before 727 went back into service, and haven't been back out since. This is just speculation but I think that they may have been called back to the depot in order to have similar adverts applied?

Also does anyone know what has happened to 729? It apparently hasn't been used since 3 July and there is zero evidence of it being at Luton for the graduation shuttles on Flickr unlike the other 3 Scania single decks that went down there in July.

47609FireFly

Quote from: Magikrabby on September 29, 2023, 02:08:57 AMSeems fitting that one of the old UHL busses got a UHL-branded advert - I wonder if this was intentional?

I noticed that according to bustimes 726 and 728 went back to the depot at around 10am on 26/09/23, the day before 727 went back into service, and haven't been back out since. This is just speculation but I think that they may have been called back to the depot in order to have similar adverts applied?

Also does anyone know what has happened to 729? It apparently hasn't been used since 3 July and there is zero evidence of it being at Luton for the graduation shuttles on Flickr unlike the other 3 Scania single decks that went down there in July.
No idea whether the fitting of the advert to bus 727 was intentional.

When I wandered around the perimeter of the depot on 28/09/2023, both 726 & 728 were parked up on the New Star Road side of the site, either side of the stripped carcass of Versa 772. Neither 726 or 728 had similar adverts to 727 applied. 728 was noted to be without a ticket ticket machine.

729 has popped up in a number of conversations recently, all of which have gone a similar way. It went down to Luton with the intention of being used on graduation shuttles but had the misfortune of suffering a major unit failure on the journey down from Leicester. It's certainly not at Wenlock Way, Leicester, so one presumes it was recovered to Luton and did not see any use on the graduation shuttles. 

Fin W

Quote from: 47609FireFly on September 29, 2023, 01:18:09 AMOn 28/09/2023, 931 was noted in the yard at Wenlock Way, Leicester. Also present was an allover white MCV Evora bodied Volvo B8RLE registered BV73 MKA.
One of two for Leicester, the second B8RLE is away for repaint currently i believe

Magikrabby

Quote from: 47609FireFly on September 29, 2023, 12:23:58 PM728 was noted to be without a ticket ticket machine.
Was it without the main ticket machine or the tap off one? I don't believe it ever had a tap off machine since it is primarily used for private contracts, presumably due to its age.

When it passed me today I noticed that it also has an advert for organ donation, albeit a much more subtle advert on just the side. I am unsure when it was added but my photo of it from 25/09/2023 shows it so it was certainly added before then.

Quote from: 47609FireFly on September 29, 2023, 12:23:58 PM729 has popped up in a number of conversations recently, all of which have gone a similar way. It went down to Luton with the intention of being used on graduation shuttles but had the misfortune of suffering a major unit failure on the journey down from Leicester. It's certainly not at Wenlock Way, Leicester, so one presumes it was recovered to Luton and did not see any use on the graduation shuttles.
I suspected that might have happened! I have missed seeing it around on the uni shuttles this week - while I don't particularly enjoy riding on it due to the seats, I love the aesthetic of it in the new livery!

47609FireFly

Another MCV Evora bodied Volvo B8RLE, registered BV73 MKC, was noted at Wenlock Way on 04/10/2023. This one wears the latest Centrebus livery.

Mayfield

Didn't see it today when I drove by.

Mayfield

643 out on the 22 this morning 

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk