News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Centrebus

Started by Bruce_LOA400X, September 30, 2012, 11:19:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xmj-signal

Quote from: 47609FireFly on April 23, 2023, 05:12:29 PM....

The Evington terminus is a one-way loop and on that loop is a timing point bus stop. For many, many years First (and their predecessors Leicester CityBus) have used the lay-by bus stop at Downing Drive / Chatteris Avenue as the timing point for service 22. As stated, Centrebus use the stop at Downing Drive / Ingarsby Drive as their timing point; something they've continued. There is a certain logic to using the first bus stop on a loop as the timing point because otherwise that stop and the one after it (outside the leisure centre) only have approximate times, which can make gauging what time your bus will arrive tricky if you're using one of those two stops.

I totally agree with the logic of the first stop on a terminal loop being the timing point, but I think there must be some confusion amongst the Centrebus drivers regarding the timing point at Evington despite the Centrebus website showing the inward journey as starting from Ingarsby Drive.

I travelled out to Evington again today on the 1110 from Leicester - yes, I did arrange it so that I travelled on one of the double deckers. We stopped to set down passengers at Ingarsby Drive then immediately continued (so we left Ingarsby Drive 4 minutes early on the 'terminus' departure time) to Chatteris Avenue where we waited for 3 minutes (and then left 1 minute early!).

So I still haven't travelled on a Centrebus which waited time at Ingarsby Drive!

47609FireFly

Timing point departure time - the terminus is the loop.  :grin:

910's GPS trace matches your description perfectly - https://bustimes.org/vehicles/cbnl-910?date=2023-04-24#journeys/417643633

Glenfieldmathk1

912 had a different day on Friday.. Running the 22A between Birstall and Evington! I'm sure this would be the first time a service bus has been a double decker for a very long time in Birstall village centre / Wanlip Lane.
It also did the night time 22E.

LazyGuy222

783 caught fire in Uppingham last night having worked a 747 from Leicester. 

Fin W

repairable level of damage?

Tony

LazyGuy222

Quote from: Fin W on May 10, 2023, 05:26:07 PMrepairable level of damage?
Probably, the driver that was talking about it doesn't know how bad the damage is, but Uppingham Fire and Rescue posted a picture of them responding to it and it doesn't look unrepairable to me:
https://www.facebook.com/LFRSUppingham/posts/pfbid0fwWD7rMrTPHVoNi3Wjtmbnx9dkHhBapySdUdZ5Kubg8pLArq8JkYQLUvHF13SX7rl

Fin W

Quote from: LazyGuy222 on May 10, 2023, 10:06:31 PMProbably, the driver that was talking about it doesn't know how bad the damage is, but Uppingham Fire and Rescue posted a picture of them responding to it and it doesn't look unrepairable to me:
https://www.facebook.com/LFRSUppingham/posts/pfbid0fwWD7rMrTPHVoNi3Wjtmbnx9dkHhBapySdUdZ5Kubg8pLArq8JkYQLUvHF13SX7rl
Doesn't look too bad, will they repair a 15 year old bus though 🤔

Glenfieldmathk1

According to a source inside Centrebus.. 912 is to be joined by E400 913 in Leicester, permanently.
The previously announced 924/925 Gemini deckers (one of which is now Centrebus orange) have instead been confirmed to stay in Grantham.
Things could still change.
It still means there will be an extra double decker (within Leicester compared to current). Although Centrebus are taking on the new Uni route in Notts/Loughborough and it's thought this will require a DD? Most likely Leicester depot will run this.

SSmith09

Quote from: Glenfieldmathk1 on May 12, 2023, 07:58:29 PMAlthough Centrebus are taking on the new Uni route in Notts/Loughborough and it's thought this will require a DD? Most likely Leicester depot will run this.
The new 866 service launched today and has been operated by single deckers run from Leicester depot.

Glenfieldmathk1

Quote from: SSmith2009 on May 15, 2023, 05:54:31 PMThe new 866 service launched today and has been operated by single deckers run from Leicester depot.
Interesting. 👍

Mayfield

Do Centrebus operate services in Derby as I noticed one S/D parked with hazard lights on outside McDonalds Ashbourne road/ Kingsway this morning.

Glenfieldmathk1

Quote from: Mayfield on May 22, 2023, 05:04:00 PMDo Centrebus operate services in Derby as I noticed one S/D parked with hazard lights on outside McDonalds Ashbourne road/ Kingsway this morning.
It would likely be one of the "High peak" operations which is owned and operated by Centrebus. It's just run under the "High Peak" name and license. I believe they've a few buses in Centrebus livery at current.

Glenfieldmathk1

Another rare one today.
931 Plaxton decker went onto the 22 today.
The first time it has operated the route since Centrebus took it over.
Isn't this the oldest (Euro 6) bus in Leicester? Or have Arriva still got older Wrights?

Tony

Quote from: Glenfieldmathk1 on May 22, 2023, 10:07:01 PMAnother rare one today.
931 Plaxton decker went onto the 22 today.
The first time it has operated the route since Centrebus took it over.
Isn't this the oldest (Euro 6) bus in Leicester? Or have Arriva still got older Wrights?
It's not Euro 6 according to DVSA

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk