News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Centrebus

Started by Bruce_LOA400X, September 30, 2012, 11:19:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Franco

Quote from: Mayfield on January 08, 2024, 09:59:28 AMIsn't there a legal duty to inform DVA of colour a change ?
Yes they should have changed the colour on the V5C . There is a fine of £1,000 if it's not updated. 

Tony

Quote from: Mayfield on January 08, 2024, 09:59:28 AMIsn't there a legal duty to inform DVA of colour a change ?
For some reason it is one of the few things you cannot do online, you need to do it manually and take the V5c to a Post Office.

I think that is why DVSA don't chase people so much for not updating.

SSmith09

Leicester E400 913 has unusually spent the afternoon on service 162 to Park Rise today.

Due to its size the driver had to miss out the Bonney Road/Dhillon Way and Frolesworth Road sections 

Glenfieldmathk1

Quote from: SSmith09 on January 23, 2024, 08:41:07 PMLeicester E400 913 has unusually spent the afternoon on service 162 to Park Rise today.

Due to its size the driver had to miss out the Bonney Road/Dhillon Way and Frolesworth Road sections
Wow, that is a rarity! 
I assume he would have went up along Birds Nest Ave then onto Dillon Way this way (like the 14A's usually do when diverting), then I assume after Charnor Road he went along dominion to Liberty Road that way?

Mayfield

Does anyone know what has happened to 621 and 910

Magikrabby

Quote from: Mayfield on February 21, 2024, 03:17:02 PMDoes anyone know what has happened to 621 and 910
910 is a bit of a strange one. 909 spent several months off the road at the end of the last year, until 1st December when 910 was taken back to the depot and swapped out for 909, and 910 hasn't been used since. It doesn't seem like a breakdown to me, because tracking data at the time indicated it was driven back. My guess is that those 2 vehicles needed extended periods of maintenance, but they staggered it so that only one decker is off the road at once, which would explain why one left when the other came back.

In other news looks like Grantham is losing all 3 of its deckers, which will be transferring elsewhere. Any ideas where the might be headed? My guess is Leicester because no other operations currently use deckers, but then again they might be transferring because elsewhere needs some deckers.
(Source: https://flic.kr/p/2pzu2jz)

Pscar05

Quote from: Magikrabby on February 21, 2024, 09:50:51 PM910 is a bit of a strange one. 909 spent several months off the road at the end of the last year, until 1st December when 910 was taken back to the depot and swapped out for 909, and 910 hasn't been used since. It doesn't seem like a breakdown to me, because tracking data at the time indicated it was driven back. My guess is that those 2 vehicles needed extended periods of maintenance, but they staggered it so that only one decker is off the road at once, which would explain why one left when the other came back.

In other news looks like Grantham is losing all 3 of its deckers, which will be transferring elsewhere. Any ideas where the might be headed? My guess is Leicester because no other operations currently use deckers, but then again they might be transferring because elsewhere needs some deckers.
(Source: https://flic.kr/p/2pzu2jz)
Damon confirmed in the centrebus Facebook enthusiasts group that the deckers will be going to Leicester as Leicester uses them for the Evington runs but could also be useful for the uni route and school runs.

Magikrabby

Quote from: Pscar05 on February 21, 2024, 10:46:26 PMDamon confirmed in the centrebus Facebook enthusiasts group that the deckers will be going to Leicester as Leicester uses them for the Evington runs but could also be useful for the uni route and school runs.
Thanks for the info! They would certainly be useful for the uni shuttle as at peak times the single deckers are always rammed full. I have on many occasions been at the stop for upwards of 30 mins waiting for a bus empty enough to actually board!

Mayfield

With regards to 909/910 if you are correct where would they disappear to ?

Glenfieldmathk1

Quote from: Mayfield on February 22, 2024, 08:45:05 PMWith regards to 909/910 if you are correct where would they disappear to ?
As far as I'm aware.. they aren't going anywhere. 910 is under maintenance (the same thing that happened with 909 last year!).. I believe that's what was written above.

Also, yes the Deckers are coming to Leicester. 902 is a larger bus and is expected to be used on the uni service.
Will be nice to see a Gemini decker in use on the 22!
They did purchase the 2 B8's for 22 though, so unsure if they'll just retain running the 2 DD's on 22! Or if a full DD output could be run! (Like back in the First bus days).

Although.. I did also think that perhaps they've won a new contract which could need Double deckers (hence the what seems sudden move).

Mayfield

I noticed today that 910 in parked at the bottom in the alley between the 2 yards next to withdrawn 772

Pscar05

Quote from: Glenfieldmathk1 on February 22, 2024, 11:22:38 PMAs far as I'm aware.. they aren't going anywhere. 910 is under maintenance (the same thing that happened with 909 last year!).. I believe that's what was written above.

Also, yes the Deckers are coming to Leicester. 902 is a larger bus and is expected to be used on the uni service.
Will be nice to see a Gemini decker in use on the 22!
They did purchase the 2 B8's for 22 though, so unsure if they'll just retain running the 2 DD's on 22! Or if a full DD output could be run! (Like back in the First bus days).

Although.. I did also think that perhaps they've won a new contract which could need Double deckers (hence the what seems sudden move).
All the deckers will be coming to Leicester by the sounds of it

Glenfieldmathk1

Quote from: Pscar05 on February 23, 2024, 08:58:34 PMAll the deckers will be coming to Leicester by the sounds of it
Yes, that's what I put 👍

Magikrabby

The Gemini deckers seem to spend more time off the road than on the road, and that is probably due to the fact the 27 and 28 are quite long distance so hard on the busses. Grantham depot probably thought that using 2 singles would be more reliable for the higher capacity school journeys, since they have several spares if one breaks down. The Geminis would probably perform better on the Leicester routes, and will mean there are some spares.

I expect that one will go on the uni shuttle, one will do the 22/22A, and the last will do S832 and the 603 contract.

Also 910 is now back on the road, which will hopefully mean that all of Leicester's existing deckers will be in use for the first time since last August!

Mayfield

Wonder if 931 is due to be retired when the other DDs transfer although on the face of it it does seem pretty reliable even after a hard life in the capital 

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk