News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

London Midland Trains

Started by Tony, September 22, 2012, 08:43:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony

richie

Stu

Quote from: richie on September 27, 2012, 10:22:16 PM
Quote from: Tony on September 27, 2012, 09:04:03 PM
Quote from: vinh1000 on September 27, 2012, 08:54:27 PM
Quote from: Tony on September 27, 2012, 08:44:39 PM
Why some Cross City were delayed today
Where was that :O

Summer Road, Erdington

Idiots like that should have the book thrown at them

Looks like that lorry had a bloody great big book thrown at it!  ;D
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Discodave

Quote from: richie on September 27, 2012, 10:22:16 PM
Quote from: Tony on September 27, 2012, 09:04:03 PM
Quote from: vinh1000 on September 27, 2012, 08:54:27 PM
Quote from: Tony on September 27, 2012, 08:44:39 PM
Why some Cross City were delayed today
Where was that :O

Summer Road, Erdington

Idiots like that should have the book thrown at them

You should know the height of your vehicle and/or trailer the police will make sure the book is thrown and the same for bus drivers if you are unsure do not risk it or measure your vehicle.  This is from a lorry driver and also a past bus driver there is no excuse for bridge bashing

windy miller

You should also be aware of your vehicle width as well as its height! this guy would have got under without the trailer...he probably forgot he had one on :)  This is definately not the first time this bridge has been hit..(and not the last either).. some years ago a (fully laden) unit/trailer had hit the  bridge  and keeled over at about 30° crushing a small car with an elderly driver still in it...A fireman had to crawl under to release him...There are/were TWO Thames crossings which caught me out..Height: the approach to Blackwall tunnel  from the south has a series of heavy rubber weights suspended on chains..If your vehicle is too high you will know about it... long before you hit the tunnel entrance!! :o  Width: again, the Width restriction of 6'6" on the approach to rotherhithe tunnel (again from the south) MEANS what it says...6'6"..Including Mirrors...As I found out the hard way... :o :( :( :( :)
Mind the Gap.....?:-)

Bob

Why do they still use feet & inches on signs? some have metric as well but mainly just imperial measurements. its stupid food is supposed to be metric too but nearly every butcher ive been in advertises in pounds. theres a stall on Cannock market that still has scales that weigh in LB/OZ as well. thought that was illegal

Discodave

it is lets just hope trading standards are not watching these posts

andy

Back to train roulette again today, cancellations and delays rife on the cross city!

Tony

Quote from: andy on October 06, 2012, 06:37:30 PM
Back to train roulette again today, cancellations and delays rife on the cross city!
Exactly 100 canceled today, I am currently on 1917 rugeley, two in front canceled, only two carriages, at least 100 standing in front carriage, people left on new street platform for another hour wait

Ash

The 17:55 all stop service to Walsall cancelled and i dont think there is any all stop Walsall to Wolverhampton service for the rest of the evening all seem to be cancelled, disgraceful all the people out of work and there short staffed.

Bob

bit of a S*** train service! cant believe they cant get it together

windy miller

I use the X city line on the northern side usually at weekends, I have to agree this business is becoming a real joke..It might be more acceptable if the shorter services i.e Four oaks-longbridge were cancelled and a separate (temp) table issued to cover the so called 'leaf fall' period with ALL services through to Lichfield TV.. Its the TV passengers  (Lichfield/Rugeley) who seem to take a hammering every time..so where's the compensation? can you make a claim if the service doesn't run? ..or only if its more than 30 mins late? where is ACAS when you need them? :-\ >:(
Mind the Gap.....?:-)

Discodave

I never knew it was that bad and I have booked tickets for travel on the 24 and 25th of november to the nec for the bike show,  I am travelling from Sandwell and dudley though not my local bloxwich hope I have more of a chance

D10

Windy - I'm afraid you are correct, you can only claim if you are delayed by 30 mins or longer.

I recall the Central Trains compensation deal was better than that.

andy

So it turns out this is all due to drivers leaving for better T's and C's elsewhere....but where?? LM drivers are on a basic of about £40k and I'm not aware of too many operators that pay much more. Coupled with the extremely generous weekend premiums that LM pay along with the low number of scheculed weekend working, where on earth are these guys better off?

Sounds to me like a whole bunch of their drivers must have just come to the end of their indemnity period all at the same time, how careless!!

Apparently we can expect no improvement until December. And LM will just get fined. Why are these franchises not set up so that an operator can be kicked off after a certain period of unacceptavle performance? These franchise reviews need to be more than reviews, they need to tear the whole thing up and start again while they have the chance.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk