News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Pensnett Garage

Started by winston, April 09, 2012, 04:51:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dom

Quote from: 2206 on July 17, 2018, 03:51:07 PM
Thanks for the info.
I didn't know that as I don't see the 129 regularly so I went by what was on the spreadsheet ("Dennis Trident ALX400, ADL Enviro400MMC"), though every time I see it I always see a B7RLE on there.

If I'm being honest, B7's are far more common on there than E400MMC's.

BK63 YWP

Stourbridge bus station, the only bus station always seems to be playing classic music.... a TfWM idea? @Dom
The Funny sounding Enviro 400

15 Wolverhampton to Merry Hill
15A Wolverhampton Merry Hill
16 Wolverhampton to Stourbridge

X10 Gornal Wood

Kevin

Quote from: SL 16 YPN on July 18, 2018, 05:53:26 PM
Stourbridge bus station, the only bus station always seems to be playing classic music.... a TfWM idea? @Dom

Not alone. Noticed in West Brom and Dudley yesterday
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

Trident 4194

Quote from: Kevin on July 18, 2018, 06:06:57 PM
Not alone. Noticed in West Brom and Dudley yesterday

And Halesowen its a stupid thing to do. Put people of public transport further @Dom? Or is that the idea?

V89MOA

Quote from: Trident 4194 on July 18, 2018, 06:17:18 PM
And Halesowen its a stupid thing to do. Put people of public transport further @Dom? Or is that the idea?
A similar experiment was trialled in Birmingham city centre on the ramp but it was stopped shortly after following complaints, tfwm never fail to amaze me!

Kevin

How does it put people off public transport? Utter rubbish
It's proven to stop antisocial behaviour

Dom

Why is it a stupid idea? It was put in place to reduce the amount of loitering and ASB on bus stations and is very succsessful.

markcf83

The youth of today don't like it very much. Neither do I but I have to put up with it....
Don't judge me until you've walked in my size ten shoes.

Jack

Is this all bus stations or just the ones mentioned? Please don't say this music is at Walsall, St Paul's. Another stupid TfWM idea, to drive away users at bus stations.

Quote from: V89MOA on July 18, 2018, 06:23:20 PM
A similar experiment was trialled in Birmingham city centre on the ramp but it was stopped shortly after following complaints, tfwm never fail to amaze me!
With half of the stupid things they've done (e.g. removing perfectly good shelters), I'm suprised they've not received a single award for any of it!

Trident 4194

Quote from: Kevin on July 18, 2018, 08:40:22 PM
It's proven to stop antisocial behaviour

It's so loud, people could put in claims for having a deterioration in hearing due to that awful classical music. Nobody likes the music and therefore is not exactly appealing to a new audience? Don't know about Walsall but in Halesowen surely the bus inspectors/ Centro workers could've solved the issue of youths rather than playing annoying music

Jack

Quote from: Trident 4194 on July 18, 2018, 09:12:37 PM
It's so loud, people could put in claims for having a deterioration in hearing due to that awful classical music. Nobody likes the music and therefore is not exactly appealing to a new audience? Don't know about Walsall but in Halesowen surely the bus inspectors/ Centro workers could've solved the issue of youths rather than playing annoying music
Again no surprise...TfWM thinking about themselves, not about the public who are called the customers...

Kevin

Quote from: Trident 4194 on July 18, 2018, 09:12:37 PM

You're hilarious

V89MOA

Quote from: Kevin on July 18, 2018, 08:40:22 PM
In all fairness it only takes an unfortunate circumstance for it to be a big problem for somebody, for example a headache or a long wait for your next bus. Not to mention people with Disabilities who are prone to Sensory Overload, such as Autism etc. Part of the problem with the Birmingham experiment was the volume was simply too loud for everybody. I haven't heard it at the bus stations so can't comment but if it is being played too loud as others are saying, it quickly becomes a nuisance and people go out of their way to avoid it.

To put it simply, in exactly the same way as chavs blasting loud music on the bus puts people off.

Trident 4194

Quote from: Kevin on July 18, 2018, 09:22:03 PM
You're hilarious

Are you a secret worker of tfwm too? The music is way too loud just saying, you go on buses and get told to listen to music with concern to ensure a good ride for all yet they think it's acceptable to blast 1940s music away?  The Centro inspectors could have solved this in fact the cleaners could've solved this, half the time children don't really cause any harm anyway other than dropping litter or the occasional shouting at each other?

DJ

Quote from: V89MOA on July 18, 2018, 09:27:57 PM
In all fairness it only takes an unfortunate circumstance for it to be a big problem for somebody, for example a headache or a long wait for your next bus. Not to mention people with Disabilities who are prone to Sensory Overload, such as Autism etc. Part of the problem with the Birmingham experiment was the volume was simply too loud for everybody. I haven't heard it at the bus stations so can't comment but if it is being played too loud as others are saying, it quickly becomes a nuisance and people go out of their way to avoid it.

To put it simply, in exactly the same way as chavs blasting loud music on the bus puts people off.

It's pretty loud at Dudley, I certainly disliked it when I had to wait 30 minutes for a bus home, I'd much appreciate if there was no music at all and I'm sure a lot of other people would too.

Any views/comments are my own and do not reflect those of my employer.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk