News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Coventry calling TfWM over, do you read us, over?

Started by Sandy Lane, January 08, 2024, 09:33:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sandy Lane

Hello TfWM, 
Another Coventry (large population city east of Birmingham) error that needs fixing.

Coventry city centre stop CU4 Cox St
I been watching this one for a while.
The RTI is only showing the SC X17 service and missing out all the many local NXC services that call. Crazy.

Stu

Quote from: Sandy Lane on April 25, 2024, 12:57:04 PMHello TfWM,
Another Coventry (large population city east of Birmingham) error that needs fixing.

Coventry city centre stop CU4 Cox St
I been watching this one for a while.
The RTI is only showing the SC X17 service and missing out all the many local NXC services that call. Crazy.

Have you actually reported this to TfWM?

https://www.tfwm.org.uk/get-help/report-a-problem-with-a-bus-stop-or-park-and-ride/

My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

IMarkeh

Quote from: Sandy Lane on April 08, 2024, 01:16:21 PMChecking for Coventry today seems to show a perfect world - no disruptions from what I read.
https://disruptions.tfwm.org.uk/?isMapVisible=true

But hang on isn't there a major divert in place for New Union St affecting both SC and NXC?

If TfWM can't manage this detail in Coventry why don't they say Coventry is excluded?
What I find amazing is that TfWM seem to be refusing to upload this data to the UK Govt disruptions data service which would mean that disruptions go out to journey planners such as bustimes.org. Instead TfWM rate themselves so highly that they believe everyone checks the TfWM website before every journey. They are the only PTE in England to note contribute to the data.

Sandy Lane

Quote from: IMarkeh on April 27, 2024, 04:25:24 AMWhat I find amazing is that TfWM seem to be refusing to upload this data to the UK Govt disruptions data service which would mean that disruptions go out to journey planners such as bustimes.org. Instead TfWM rate themselves so highly that they believe everyone checks the TfWM website before every journey. They are the only PTE in England to note contribute to the data.
I wonder if TfWM have suffered cut backs and job losses and now have not got enough people to do all of this work properly?

Sandy Lane

Quote from: Sandy Lane on April 25, 2024, 12:57:04 PMHello TfWM,

More to the Coventry city centre stop CU4 Cox Street issue and not just  RTI.

For TfWM's info there at two outbound stops in Cox St. CU4 is the one under the 'elephant' and another at the top of the hill CU3.

So not sure why CU4 is called Cox St on the flag? Would it not be better to follow NXC practice who recognise CU4 as Starley Gardens and this is the call used by NXC in next stop on board announcements?

JPC

Quote from: Sandy Lane on April 28, 2024, 02:29:47 PMFor TfWM's info there at two outbound stops in Cox St. CU4 is the one under the 'elephant' and another at the top of the hill CU3.

So not sure why CU4 is called Cox St on the flag? Would it not be better to follow NXC practice who recognise CU4 as Starley Gardens and this is the call used by NXC in next stop on board announcements?

Looking at BusTimes or Google maps they currently display separate 'phantom' stops which the stagecoach routes are tagged to alongside the two Cox Street outbound stops and also the inbound stop on Gosford St under the ring road.  I don't know why or how this problem was created but it would indicate the reason why the RTI screen only displays the Stagecoach routes.

Sandy Lane

Quote from: JPC on April 28, 2024, 03:14:25 PMLooking at BusTimes or Google maps they currently display separate 'phantom' stops which the stagecoach routes are tagged to alongside the two Cox Street outbound stops and also the inbound stop on Gosford St under the ring road.  I don't know why or how this problem was created but it would indicate the reason why the RTI screen only displays the Stagecoach routes.
I suspect a lot of these current problems in Coventry are to do with a lack of local knowledge at TfWM in Birmingham?

Sandy Lane

Quote from: JPC on April 28, 2024, 03:14:25 PMLooking at BusTimes or Google maps they currently display separate 'phantom' stops which the stagecoach routes are tagged to alongside the two Cox Street outbound stops and also the inbound stop on Gosford St under the ring road.  I don't know why or how this problem was created but it would indicate the reason why the RTI screen only displays the Stagecoach routes.
You're right, I can see what you mean.

This would also explain why a number of outbound services no longer stop at the top of the Cox St hill CU3 stop. This happened at least 5 years ago, was a silly move and hacked off a number of commuters. OMG.

Some one from TfWM definitely needs to get out of their office to come and have a look at what they have done and fix all of this.

Stu

Quote from: Sandy Lane on April 29, 2024, 09:33:22 AMYou're right, I can see what you mean.

This would also explain why a number of outbound services no longer stop at the top of the Cox St hill CU3 stop. This happened at least 5 years ago, was a silly move and hacked off a number of commuters. OMG.

Some one from TfWM definitely needs to get out of their office to come and have a look at what they have done and fix all of this.
If no-one tells them about issues with information at bus stops, then they can't do anything about it.

https://www.tfwm.org.uk/get-help/report-a-problem-with-a-bus-stop-or-park-and-ride/
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Sandy Lane

Quote from: Stu on April 29, 2024, 06:22:42 PMIf no-one tells them about issues with information at bus stops, then they can't do anything about it.

So use the faceless TfWM non-responsive auto info system. 

Two points on this 
1. The Cox St issues are so complex it needs a telephone chat with the TfWM Coventry bus stop manager. Now if only TfWM a published telephone number for their lead person who knows the local area.

2. If TfWM got the job right first time there would be no need for this thread.

karl724223

Quote from: Sandy Lane on April 30, 2024, 10:59:02 AMSo use the faceless TfWM non-responsive auto info system.

Two points on this
1. The Cox St issues are so complex it needs a telephone chat with the TfWM Coventry bus stop manager. Now if only TfWM a published telephone number for their lead person who knows the local area.

2. If TfWM got the job right first time there would be no need for this thread.

Move to Birmingham or the Black Country tfwm look after us 😂

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk