News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Strike Action

Started by monkeyjoe, December 14, 2022, 01:23:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hlliwmai

Quote from: Coventrybususer95 on March 23, 2023, 01:35:52 PMAnyone know if the meetings between unite and nx has happened today

I would say so... NOW hopefully this is the end of all this misery! https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/national-express-offer-162-drivers-26543578?

Ginger66

Quote from: Jack6101 on March 23, 2023, 03:32:56 PMAs much as I don't want the fares to increase , it's is about time they was to go up witg increase in petrol and parts etc
But passenger numbers are falling and if fares go up passengers numbers will fall even more which means West Midlands Travel won't need as many drivers meaning job losses and longer waiting between buses arriving at stops and could lead to garage closures and selling of buses.

Kevin_Brum12

This has posted on the Birmingham Mail blog. 

Impression is both sides have come to their senses.  Normal services tomorrow?

Coventrybususer95

Quote from: Kevin_Brum12 on March 23, 2023, 03:56:47 PMThis has posted on the Birmingham Mail blog. 

They need to vote on it right so if they accept it should be somewhat normal monday
All views are my own and does not represent the views of any company/ business that i maybe be working with

Rachvince53

Quote from: Kevin_Brum12 on March 23, 2023, 03:56:47 PMThis has posted on the Birmingham Mail blog. 

No, the strike will continue tomorrow and Saturday while the deal is voted on. If accepted, then possibly Sunday but more likely Monday normal services will resume.

Straightlines

Quote from: Ginger66 on March 23, 2023, 03:55:54 PMBut passenger numbers are falling and if fares go up passengers numbers will fall even more which means West Midlands Travel won't need as many drivers meaning job losses and longer waiting between buses arriving at stops and could lead to garage closures and selling of buses.
That penny is yet to drop in certain quarters...

metrocity

Quote from: Rachvince53 on March 23, 2023, 04:31:46 PMNo, the strike will continue tomorrow and Saturday while the deal is voted on. If accepted, then possibly Sunday but more likely Monday normal services will resume.
Service cuts and PVR reductions to follow 70 days from Monday then ?

Coventrybususer95

Quote from: metrocity on March 23, 2023, 04:34:48 PMService cuts and PVR reductions to follow 70 days from Monday then ?
If the srikes continues i won't be surprised 
All views are my own and does not represent the views of any company/ business that i maybe be working with

Ginger66

I think it will be too close to call when drivers vote either this weekend or early next week.

If Coventry garage was happy last time I can see the whole garage been satisfied this time.

Ginger66

Friend just caught a taxi from West Bromwich to Friar Park Uber charged £15.00

These firms are ripping off passengers

Coventrybususer95

Quote from: Ginger66 on March 23, 2023, 05:15:15 PMFriend just caught a taxi from West Bromwich to Friar Park Uber charged £15.00

These firms are ripping off passengers
Uber is not fixed fare like unlike taxis

PB2938

952A Rugeley
Via Great Barr,  Walsall, Cheslyn Hay, Cannock, Heath Hayes and Hednesford

j789

Is it unreasonable to expect those striking drivers who plan to accept this deal on Saturday to turn up to work tomorrow as normal? I certainly don't think so. After all, they have a deal they are happy with so no need to continue striking.

This would go a long way to building bridges with passengers too as it would be good press to go back to work on mass tomorrow now they have a workable offer. Also, I'm sure this may go somewhat to rebuilding relations with both sides at NX with a bit of give or take.

I hope common sense prevails now and a decent service can be offered tomorrow and for the weekend and then back to normal on Monday.

Stu

Quote from: Ginger66 on March 23, 2023, 05:11:22 PMI think it will be too close to call when drivers vote either this weekend or early next week.

If Coventry garage was happy last time I can see the whole garage been satisfied this time.
Anyone who votes against this deal seriously needs their head looking at.

If the 32% of drivers who didn't bother to vote last weekend turn up this time, it should be an easy win.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

karl724223

Voting is Friday and Saturday closing at 12.00 on Saturday then counting will take place if a yes vote drivers will probably return to work Sunday
With a higher inflation rate meaning higher mortgages more drivers will probably vote yes to go back to work
This is my personal opinion

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk