News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

national travel pass

Started by windy miller, August 23, 2022, 04:12:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

windy miller

I have a midland area travel concessionary pass which entitles
 me to free bus travel within the english borders. The pass also covers
  me for travel by local rail services between Wolves/Stourbridge/
  Walsall/Coventry/Dorridge all of which require travel after 09.30am
 I was told that in the event of,say,a hospital appointment before 09.30am
 it is/was permissable to offer the (bus) driver a single £1.00 'fare'??

I was told that an English concessionary card could be 'topped up' with a minimum credit of ,say £10? is this correct? perhaps more importantly 
 I assume I would need to approach the 'fares to pay'@ New st ? on the odd occasion I have began a journey before 09.30am I have had no problem through the barriers before 09.30am. 
Mind the Gap.....?:-)

Quote from: windy miller on August 23, 2022, 04:12:19 AMit is/was permissable to offer the (bus) driver a single £1.00 'fare'??
Yes but only on National Express buses I think. Can either put £1 in the red cash chute onboard, or top the card up and use it as a pay as you go card I think.

Think Stagecoach, Arriva, etc charge full fares pre 9.30.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

MW

Quote from: 2206 on August 23, 2022, 11:28:56 AMYes but only on National Express buses I think. Can either put £1 in the red cash chute onboard, or top the card up and use it as a pay as you go card I think.

Think Stagecoach, Arriva, etc charge full fares pre 9.30.

Diamond & Landflight both have a concessionary fare before 9.30. I believe it's £1.

Diamond did increase this to £1.20 on certain long distance services a few years ago.

Quote from: MW on August 23, 2022, 01:39:13 PMDiamond & Landflight both have a concessionary fare before 9.30. I believe it's £1.

Diamond did increase this to £1.20 on certain long distance services a few years ago.
With Diamond its £1.20 on all services. Except long distance, where its full fare.
Thats whats on the website at least, alongside an outdated list of "long distance" services.

With Landflight how come they don't advertise it on their website, would be nice if they could perhaps like they advertise other tickets such as day, 3 day, 5 day, etc?
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk