News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Service 29 vandalism and anti-social behaviour affecting Walsall buses

Started by I love Walsall buses, October 25, 2021, 07:50:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lukeee

Westy

Looks like, according to Walsall Police social media, we have another Section 60 in North Walsall until 545pm tomorrow, as they've received reports.

Stop & search mentioned as well!

Westy

The Section 60 got extended until 545pm today.

In other news Walsall Community Transport have posted on their Facebook that the Asb diversions for certain journeys on their 23 & 25 services have ceased, putting those journeys back on the regular route.

Note I flagged elsewhere that when the X51 recently had a timetable change, the stops & posters along the Bloxwich Road that were updated, also had reference to the 25 journey affected being included, this being about a month ago.

Who's paying for the stops & timetable posters to be updated twice in the space of a month, because those have to be paid for dont they?

Tony

Quote from: Westy on March 08, 2024, 11:26:56 AMThe Section 60 got extended until 545pm today.

In other news Walsall Community Transport have posted on their Facebook that the Asb diversions for certain journeys on their 23 & 25 services have ceased, putting those journeys back on the regular route.

Note I flagged elsewhere that when the X51 recently had a timetable change, the stops & posters along the Bloxwich Road that were updated, also had reference to the 25 journey affected being included, this being about a month ago.

Who's paying for the stops & timetable posters to be updated twice in the space of a month, because those have to be paid for dont they?
Operators pay, so when the X51 changes NX pay for stop changes, when the 326 changes Diamond pay, etc.

Westy

Quote from: Tony on March 08, 2024, 01:17:25 PMOperators pay, so when the X51 changes NX pay for stop changes, when the 326 changes Diamond pay, etc.
Obviously you can't guarantee with the Asb, but shouldn't there have been some sort of message on the poster saying that the stop for service 25  would only be served while the Asb issue was in operation & to check with the operator?

So does Wct 'pay' to have their info removed then?

Westy

Stu

Quote from: Westy on March 08, 2024, 02:05:50 PMObviously you can't guarantee with the Asb, but shouldn't there have been some sort of message on the poster saying that the stop for service 25  would only be served while the Asb issue was in operation & to check with the operator?

So does Wct 'pay' to have their info removed then?
I guess it would depend on the circumstances for the route change.

For subsidised services, the contracted route is determined by TfWM, so it might be different for those.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

BlackCountryBusSpotter

It is possibly the start of things kicking off in Bentley as due to ASB earlier the 37 was diverted of Queen Elizabeth Aveune down Wolverhampton Road to Churchill Aveune. I went to Willenhall Comp and on the Thandi 37 on two occasions I remember some of the excluded kids used to wait outside the Homestead for there friends and started lobbing sweets at Passengers. It hit a women who complained to the Driver, they then fled through the emergency exit after a standoff on Atlee Road, opened the bonnet and turned the Engine off before running off, the Driver pretended the bus had broken down to let most of the Bentley lot off. We all stood at the last bus stop on Atlee Road, he waited then signalled us all, restarted the Engine and did not stop when the kids tried to stop him at the first stop on Queen Elizabeth Aveune. I think one of the excluded kids threw a bottle at the bus. So would hardly be surprised if it does kick off in Bentley but those kids have to be adults by now, roughly a couple of years some of them younger than Me and some where in my year so my age. 
Local Routes
NXWM 34, 37, 39, 79
DIA 310
WCT 65
Bit Further Away
NXWM 529, 25, 41, 11, 11A, 40, 47
DIA 326, 57, 23, 41A,
Frequently Travelled On Routes
79, 34/37, 39 and Very Occasionally the 529 and 74

Wumpty

Issues on the WN69 route on Bentley Lane opposite Willenhall E-Act Academy around 14.40hrs yesterday - youths throwing sticks and food at passing vehicles. NX were alerted to this and the approaching bus didn't stop for them.

Autofare 3 - the ticket that laughs in the face of contactless!

BlackCountryBusSpotter

Quote from: Wumpty on March 22, 2024, 10:11:24 AMIssues on the WN69 route on Bentley Lane opposite Willenhall E-Act Academy around 14.40hrs yesterday - youths throwing sticks and food at passing vehicles. NX were alerted to this and the approaching bus didn't stop for them.

The Kids don't finish until 3PM so that might be the Excluded lot who wait for there friends on the last couple of days or Last day of term. Idk when Willenhall Breakes up or Broke up, I assume today as that's when the schools by me break up
Local Routes
NXWM 34, 37, 39, 79
DIA 310
WCT 65
Bit Further Away
DIA 326, 57, 23, 41A,

Wumpty

Quote from: BlackCountryBusSpotter on March 22, 2024, 12:17:42 PMThe Kids don't finish until 3PM so that might be the Excluded lot who wait for there friends on the last couple of days or Last day of term. Idk when Willenhall Breakes up or Broke up, I assume today as that's when the schools by me break up
They are still at school and is something that the school will no doubt investigate.
Autofare 3 - the ticket that laughs in the face of contactless!

BlackCountryBusSpotter

Quote from: Wumpty on March 22, 2024, 06:17:01 PMThey are still at school and is something that the school will no doubt investigate.
Yes if half the staff I know are still there they interviewed everyone on the 37 once when there was a fight. Where the Kids in Uniform. Bus CCTV will pick them up and Thwy have broken up now
Local Routes
NXWM 34, 37, 39, 79
DIA 310
WCT 65
Bit Further Away
DIA 326, 57, 23, 41A,

BlackCountryBusSpotter

69 and 70 on Diversion due to ASB on Stephenson Square 
https://twitter.com/nxwestmidlands/status/1774466049250889785?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet
Took longer than expected for them to start but the weather hasn't been great to be honest might have dettered them.
Local Routes
NXWM 34, 37, 39, 79
DIA 310
WCT 65
Bit Further Away
DIA 326, 57, 23, 41A,

Westy

So it's going round the outside of Beechdale then?

(Have they got fed up in Blakenall then?)

Westy

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk