News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Rail Replacement

Started by Ash, February 28, 2021, 01:44:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ash

Suprised to see a First Bristol branded 1 Whiteladies Road E400MMC on the Aston Expressway working rail replacement in Birmingham. Could be a regular thing but just seemed unusual 

Roy

Quote from: Ash on February 28, 2021, 01:44:00 PM
Suprised to see a First Bristol branded 1 Whiteladies Road E400MMC on the Aston Expressway working rail replacement in Birmingham. Could be a regular thing but just seemed unusual
First West of England Lawrence Hill based E400MMCs were in Birmingham over the weekend operating CrossCountry Rail Replacement services from New Street to Coleshill Parkway and New Street to Tamworth.  According to Bristol based chat groups, the following were among the buses that were in Birmingham for at least part of the weekend.
Service 1 branded (mustard front) - 33958, 33960, 33962, 33964
Service 2 branded (mustard front) - 33973
Service 48/48A/49 branded (sky blue front) - 33792, 33796, 33927

MW

I cannot remember the name of the entity, but First has set up a sub company which is utilising surplus buses in Bristol for Rail Replacement work. There is / was also some Bristol vehicles being used on the Isle of Wight, and in South Wales.

the trainbasher

Quote from: MW on March 01, 2021, 12:46:07 PM
I cannot remember the name of the entity, but First has set up a sub company which is utilising surplus buses in Bristol for Rail Replacement work. There is / was also some Bristol vehicles being used on the Isle of Wight, and in South Wales.

I believe its run by First Travel Solutions (the former Rail Rep/Olympics unit)

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

Ian Hardy

Quote from: the trainbasher on March 01, 2021, 01:51:39 PM
I believe its run by First Travel Solutions (the former Rail Rep/Olympics unit)

Yes it would be, here is their website;
https://www.firsttravelsolutions.com/

Also First Hants & Dorset has setup a rail replacement unit:
https://www.firstgroup.com/portsmouth-fareham-gosport/news-and-service-updates/news/first-hampshire-dorset-and-berkshire%E2%80%99s-new

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk