News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Chaserider

Started by Pat, January 06, 2021, 10:25:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Depotosw

Quote from: Bob on June 19, 2021, 11:20:44 AM
So on the X14 today theyve stuck FD52 GGU....The oldest bus currently in service....in old Arriva livery....and one thats broke down a few times recently too. Great marketing  Not like there were a dozen red buses they couldve used.....
Probably missing its former home of Telford  :) Although wonder what Arriva may think over in Telford.

When I had a visit of the Chaserider network in Stafford and Cannock areas, it was one of the newer E200's that failed to start on the 74 and the journey was dropped as a result at Cannock and I didn't get to return back to Stafford. The 54 plate SPDs were good I sampled and did a few and even did one of the 52 plate Commanders and that was ok.

Westy

I'm guessing there isn't enough red buses yet to enable Chaserider to run their own livered buses to areas also served by Arriva, so there isn't potential confusion, if I assume that is what Depotosw is getting at?

Bob

Quote from: Westy on June 19, 2021, 10:29:04 PM
I'm guessing there isn't enough red buses yet to enable Chaserider to run their own livered buses to areas also served by Arriva, so there isn't potential confusion, if I assume that is what Depotosw is getting at?

Its a one vehicle working you'd think it would be possibe. Driver yesterday reckoned the route wont last cos its losing money. I got the  13.49 from Telford and was the only passenger for the length of the route

Westy

Quote from: Bob on June 20, 2021, 10:22:01 AM
Its a one vehicle working you'd think it would be possibe. Driver yesterday reckoned the route wont last cos its losing money. I got the  13.49 from Telford and was the only passenger for the length of the route

Correct me if I'm wrong, but once it leaves the Cannock area, it's non stop to Weston Park, then non stop to Shifnal?

I guess Telford customers are making their own way in a car, as otherwise it would be train to Brum, then the Chase Line to Cannock, which I suppose would be longer than the Chaserider route!

Question for our Telford posters.

Is there any local coach operators(if there's any left?) in your area operating day trips from Telford to McArthur Glen?

That's the only other way I can see non car users getting from Telford over there!

Bob

Quote from: Westy on June 20, 2021, 05:14:11 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but once it leaves the Cannock area, it's non stop to Weston Park, then non stop to Shifnal?

I guess Telford customers are making their own way in a car, as otherwise it would be train to Brum, then the Chase Line to Cannock, which I suppose would be longer than the Chaserider route!

Question for our Telford posters.

Is there any local coach operators(if there's any left?) in your area operating day trips from Telford to McArthur Glen?

That's the only other way I can see non car users getting from Telford over there!

Or naybe people in Telford arent that bothered about going to it poss...

Westy

Quote from: Bob on June 20, 2021, 05:58:31 PM
Or naybe people in Telford arent that bothered about going to it poss...

Or perhaps Cheshire Oaks is better for them?

Bob

Quote from: Westy on June 20, 2021, 06:13:44 PM
Or perhaps Cheshire Oaks is better for them?

Possibly mate

Rich-82

I`ve not seen any advertisement from Elcocks in Telford for the outlet centre but tbh if I don`t like the idea of these outlet centres as its doing away with with town centres in my opinion and I`ve been to a few outlet centres and you can find things in shops if not cheaper

BusMan Greg

All Solo's and Solo SR's on the 1's as they interwork with the 3's; Dart's, an E200, and a streetlite on the 70/71; Solo's on the 62; E200 on the 61 which did the 841 short to Stafford Hospital this morning. 

Bob

Quote from: BusMan Greg on June 21, 2021, 11:41:25 AM
All Solo's and Solo SR's on the 1's as they interwork with the 3's; Dart's, an E200, and a streetlite on the 70/71; Solo's on the 62; E200 on the 61 which did the 841 short to Stafford Hospital this morning.

Also a Commander on 1/3

Westy

The first 1 south seems to come back north out of service but showing 'College Service ', I noticed while waiting for the second 1 at 7am to come!

BusMan Greg

Imo, Solo's and Solo SR's won't attract the passengers off the X51 onto the number 1! If I were them, I'd attempt to put the most presentable vehicles on the 1's and 74's to ensure they make a good impression in the area! Needs must I suppose....

metrocity

Quote from: BusMan Greg on June 21, 2021, 02:32:55 PM
Imo, Solo's and Solo SR's won't attract the passengers off the X51 onto the number 1! If I were them, I'd attempt to put the most presentable vehicles on the 1's and 74's to ensure they make a good impression in the area! Needs must I suppose....
The 1 is much faster than the X51 if I recall? If so I think this gives the 1 a huge advantage, particularly if they can back up the faster journey with friendly drivers, a reliable timetable and clean vehicles

BusMan Greg

Quote from: metrocity on June 21, 2021, 03:14:41 PM
The 1 is much faster than the X51 if I recall? If so I think this gives the 1 a huge advantage, particularly if they can back up the faster journey with friendly drivers, a reliable timetable and clean vehicles
You've got to think from the point of view of a passenger! Would you rather take a fast bus that is older and has less features! Or would you rather take a modern platinum bus with free WiFi, USB charging ports that would take 10 to 15 mins longer?

WilliamLeylandNational

Quote from: Grinder on June 13, 2021, 09:01:26 AM
I've just read "WilliamLeylandNational's" comments about Chaserider and he like others seems to mis-understand the link between D&G Bus and Select Bus Services.  They do not have common owners and do not have the same livery colours.  D&G is a wholly owned subsidiary of Centrebus whose majority shareholder is Julian Peddle.  Select is owned by Ben Brown with Julian Peddle as a minority shareholder.  The liveries are not the same, granted they are both red but the shades used are very different both in the main colour and the skirt, Select skirt colour is very much darker, put side by side the differences are easily seen, From a personal point of view I prefer the Select colours.  They do work closely together in that Select have taken surplus vehicles from both D&G and Centrebus (I assume some payment would have been made) and some routes in the area have been swopped.  It's also worth noting that D&G have moved operation of two Stafford services from their Adderley Green depot to Cannock.

They were not my comments.  I shared a link to Bus and Train User - who is a known industry person and former bus company MD.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk