News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Chaserider

Started by Pat, January 06, 2021, 10:25:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Smethwickian

Regarding the proximity of the MacArthur Glen outlet bus stops to the actual shops, surely you also have to consider the potential trade-off between getting the buses closer to the door but then getting more deeply embroiled in the circulating and queueing car park traffic at busy times.

Westy

Quote from: Tony on June 06, 2021, 04:40:24 PM
Have you been there? obviously not.

My house is 10 minutes walk away! the bus stop is 2 minutes walk maximum

How far was your previous nearest bus stop away?

Brick60000

The 21st June changes now include the 841 diverted via the hospital and a new service 10 to serve Kingston Hill in Stafford.

Bob

The Dart got swapped twice that day! For two equally unreliable Darts! 🤣

Grinder

I've just read "WilliamLeylandNational's" comments about Chaserider and he like others seems to mis-understand the link between D&G Bus and Select Bus Services.  They do not have common owners and do not have the same livery colours.  D&G is a wholly owned subsidiary of Centrebus whose majority shareholder is Julian Peddle.  Select is owned by Ben Brown with Julian Peddle as a minority shareholder.  The liveries are not the same, granted they are both red but the shades used are very different both in the main colour and the skirt, Select skirt colour is very much darker, put side by side the differences are easily seen, From a personal point of view I prefer the Select colours.  They do work closely together in that Select have taken surplus vehicles from both D&G and Centrebus (I assume some payment would have been made) and some routes in the area have been swopped.  It's also worth noting that D&G have moved operation of two Stafford services from their Adderley Green depot to Cannock.

Pat

Sampled the new X14 service for the first time yesterday.  Whilst it is a luxury to have a direct connection to Cannock/MacArthur Glen, I can't help but point out the reliability issues that the route faces.  The bus was 10 minutes late on arrival at my stop.  The timetable is evidently too tight for running time, with only 5 minutes recovery time at either end of the route.  My suggestion would be to axe the Oakengates section, as I can't see the need for it, or operate direct to Shifnal, instead of serving Priorslee.

Westy

Why not just run it to & from Telford Bus Station?

Arriva haven't axed all their routes  in Telford surely?

They must run themselves between Oakengates & Telford BS themselves?

Pat

Quote from: Westy on June 15, 2021, 12:46:10 PM
Why not just run it to & from Telford Bus Station?

Arriva haven't axed all their routes  in Telford surely?

They must run themselves between Oakengates & Telford BS themselves?
Yes, there's 5 routes (4 direct) that run between Telford & Oakengates.  Between Telford & Priorslee, Arriva's 14 service, subsidised by T&WC, covers exactly the same route as Chaserider (Arriva serve Gatcombe Way & Salisbury Avenue additionally) so there's no real need for the X14 to be routed via Priorslee either.

Bob

Wondering if they're going to have enough vehicles to cover the expanded network from Monday....given the frequent failures of the Solo's would they even cope on a Stafford to Walsall round trip?

Cheese

Quote from: Pat on June 15, 2021, 01:49:12 PM
Yes, there's 5 routes (4 direct) that run between Telford & Oakengates.  Between Telford & Priorslee, Arriva's 14 service, subsidised by T&WC, covers exactly the same route as Chaserider (Arriva serve Gatcombe Way & Salisbury Avenue additionally) so there's no real need for the X14 to be routed via Priorslee either.

Think it's changing from July to remove Oakengates and Priorslee which may help reliability.

Bob

Quote from: Cheese on June 18, 2021, 03:40:46 PM
Think it's changing from July to remove Oakengates and Priorslee which may help reliability.

They should remove the A5 section inbound to Cannock too

Bob

So on the X14 today theyve stuck FD52 GGU....The oldest bus currently in service....in old Arriva livery....and one thats broke down a few times recently too. Great marketing 🤣🤣🤣🤣 Not like there were a dozen red buses they couldve used.....

Pat

Quote from: Bob on June 19, 2021, 11:20:44 AM
So on the X14 today theyve stuck FD52 GGU....The oldest bus currently in service....in old Arriva livery....and one thats broke down a few times recently too. Great marketing 🤣🤣🤣🤣 Not like there were a dozen red buses they couldve used.....
A Metrocity passed me on the first journey yesterday morning.  They should really be the allocation for it, as they're perfectly suited to interurban work like the X14.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk