News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Missing publicity in Travelshops

Started by Westy, December 27, 2018, 06:03:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Westy

This is based on what I've seen in Walsall, so whether said publicity is in other area travelshops, I don't know!

Service 3/3c Walsall - Cannock(Revised, due to NX taking over evening & Sunday service. Was available initially!)

Service 19/29 Blakenall services (Revised, due to NX taking over Sunday 19's. Suspect held back until the January change for the 29!)

Service 10/10a Brownhills & Lichfield services(Revised service in April 2018, Again, leaflet available initially, but not seen since. (The special 10a on it's own leaflet was available sporadically!))

Service 34/37/39 Darlaston corridor.

Arriva services 1 & 2 - Was made available via the counter this summer finally, thanks to Simon Dunn, but has disappeared again. (Suspect unavailable currently, due to next change in January 2019!)

Wolverhampton area map dated September 2018 - Only spotted a copy in Wolverhampton today. All other areas available in Walsall!

Any other missing publicity that should be in the travelshops?

I love Walsall buses

I wasn't able to get a Solihull map until this month and don't when the Wolverhampton map gonna come

Westy

Quote from: I love Walsall buses on December 27, 2018, 06:27:12 PM
I wasn't able to get a Solihull map until this month and don't when the Wolverhampton map gonna come

Get your parent/guardian to take you to Wolverhampton TC then.

I love Walsall buses

Quote from: Westy on December 27, 2018, 06:29:02 PM

Get your parent/guardian to take you to Wolverhampton TC then.
Going there tomorrow

Stu

My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Dom

Quote from: Stu on December 27, 2018, 06:57:16 PM
Area maps can be downloaded from the Network West Midlands website:
https://www.networkwestmidlands.com/plan-your-journey/map-and-guides/area-maps/

And when all timetables are easily accessible online and all information regarding changes is both online and on bus, is there any need for paper copy's?

I love Walsall buses

I love Walsall buses

Quote from: Dom on December 27, 2018, 07:02:01 PM
And when all timetables are easily accessible online and all information regarding changes is both online and on bus, is there any need for paper copy's?
Most people don't have Internet or data or to busy to go to places with free wifi

Quote from: I love Walsall buses on December 27, 2018, 07:07:20 PM
Most people don't have Internet or data or to busy to go to places with free wifi
Not most, no. Most people do have access to the internet and it takes seconds to search it up so they can hardly say "I don't have time", it'll take much longer to go to a travel shop to get a paper copy.
Some people, i'd imagine mainly OAP's wouldn't.

Infact looking at the statistics:
"89% of adults in Great Britain used the internet at least weekly in 2018"
"9 out of 10 households have internet access"
https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulationandcommunity/householdcharacteristics/homeinternetandsocialmediausage/bulletins/internetaccesshouseholdsandindividuals/2018
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Westy

D10

Personally I find paper copies far easier to read than trying to read from a phone, also saves the risk of losing signal on your phone!

Smethwickian

Maps always better in print - you can't unfold a computer screen to see the whole thing at once.
I appreciate, however, that reprinting for every minor change is impractical and costly.
But having some kind of comprehensive guide is useful to let people know the full extent of services available, which might otherwise not be obvious.

Dom

Quote from: D10 on December 27, 2018, 08:43:18 PM
Personally I find paper copies far easier to read than trying to read from a phone, also saves the risk of losing signal on your phone!

But in the modern day and age, where is that risk? I get 4G data coverage in 99% of the places I  travel to.

Quote from: Dom on December 27, 2018, 10:40:38 PM
But in the modern day and age, where is that risk? I get 4G data coverage in 99% of the places I  travel to.
I agree.
I don't think there is any risk, any chance of losing signal would be very slim.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

V89MOA

Quote from: Dom on December 27, 2018, 10:40:38 PM
That may be true, but there is always the risk of the network going down like O2 a few weeks back, and of course the battery dying or phone malfunctioning.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk