News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Walsall Garage

Started by Nathan4775, April 06, 2012, 06:52:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

monkeyjoe

There was a meeting about it late last year. 

D10

The article is in the new issue of Buses Magazine, so it's not fake news!

winston

Quote from: 2900 on February 15, 2024, 11:45:44 AMjust seen an article that Walsall garage has been purchased by WMCA , is this genuine or fake news reason i say that the article i saw was a screen shot could have doctored as they say
just been on WMCA website there is information regarding purchase by  the Investment board  many pdf files etc etc reagarding minutes of meetings etc
Its not the only asset Mobico Group are looking to offload... 

Wumpty

Quote from: winston on February 15, 2024, 07:09:16 PMIts not the only asset Mobico Group are looking to offload...
That's correct, and it's not unusual for large organisations/businesses to realign their assets and look to sell and re-lease the land.

Tata Steel did a similar thing around 10 years ago by selling their Steelpark and Dudley sites and re-leasing them back. 
Autofare 3 - the ticket that laughs in the face of contactless!

winston

Quote from: Wumpty on February 15, 2024, 08:53:44 PMThat's correct, and it's not unusual for large organisations/businesses to realign their assets and look to sell and re-lease the land.

Tata Steel did a similar thing around 10 years ago by selling their Steelpark and Dudley sites and re-leasing them back.
Especially when they're in debt up to their eyeballs & their shareprice is at bargain basement levels...

Straightlines

It isn't the only site that Transport for West Midlands own in the West Midlands that is capable of being a bus depot and certainly doesn't sound like it will be the last.

winston

Quote from: Straightlines on February 15, 2024, 10:59:56 PMIt isn't the only site that Transport for West Midlands own in the West Midlands that is capable of being a bus depot and certainly doesn't sound like it will be the last.
Franchising here we come....😬

hlliwmai

Quote from: winston on February 15, 2024, 11:11:55 PMFranchising here we come....😬

the West Midlands version of Bee Network then... hmm I'm intrigued 

winston

Quote from: hlliwmai on February 16, 2024, 12:12:16 AMthe West Midlands version of Bee Network then... hmm I'm intrigued
Bee Network isn't a livery. WM Bus is no more inspiring.... 

the trainbasher

QuoteFranchising here we come....😬
Funnily enough the WMCA Transport Committee mention franchising as an option they're reviewing, along with revising the Ring and Ride service to include WM Bus on Demand

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

Stu

Quote from: LD713821 on February 15, 2024, 03:20:53 PMSaw this too
I wonder how much "cash on the table" Andy Street has put for this? :grin:

Perhaps the plans for introducing franchising are far more advanced than anyone suspects. I can't see any other purpose for this acquisition, and it just shows the 'consultation phase' is just a smokescreen.

This probably won't be the last garage acquisition by the WMCA.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Jack

@BlackCountryBusSpotter, B7's are far from noteworthy on the 4's, they appear everyday on there!

Stu

Quote from: Jack on February 16, 2024, 07:36:45 PM@BlackCountryBusSpotter, B7's are far from noteworthy on the 4's, they appear everyday on there!

That would explain why the 4-branded OmniLinks keep appearing on other services.

Anyway, if you know this is a fact, why not report it in the thread for the Usual Allocations sheet, so that I can check and update it?
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Jack

Quote from: Stu on February 16, 2024, 07:49:11 PMThat would explain why the 4-branded OmniLinks keep appearing on other services.

Anyway, if you know this is a fact, why not report it in the thread for the Usual Allocations sheet, so that I can check and update it?

I used to but half the time no one bothered to reply so I don't see why I should now.

BlackCountryBusSpotter

Quote from: Jack on February 16, 2024, 09:36:55 PMI used to but half the time no one bothered to reply so I don't see why I should now.
To stop people like me assuming the B7 is the unusual allocation on the 4. I've only ever seen the B7 on the 4 once before I reported that Time so I thought it was Unusual 
Local Routes
NXWM 34, 37, 39, 79
DIA 310
WCT 65
Bit Further Away
NXWM 529, 25, 41, 11, 11A, 40, 47
DIA 326, 57, 23, 41A,
Frequently Travelled On Routes
79, 34/37, 39 and Very Occasionally the 529 and 74

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk