News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Walsall Garage

Started by Nathan4775, April 06, 2012, 06:52:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

18WilliamsLi

Quote from: Tony on September 05, 2023, 09:16:41 PMCorrect Stu, no driver would drive a bus in service in limp mode anyway, top speed is around 8mph
Oh my god of course they take it out of service it happens all the time with the 82/87 brands regular ones doing it is 6968 6976 6978 6980 6982 6985 

Jack

Quote from: BBS on September 05, 2023, 11:49:21 PMJust be quiet Mate
He drives them, so I think he's got a valid opinion thank you.

Quote from: BBS on September 05, 2023, 11:49:21 PMJust be quiet Mate
why are'nt i allowed to air my views, as some one who spends most of my duties driving up and down dudley rd in these sheds being baked ,dehydrated and deafened. so whats your history of platinums , are you a driver?

Tony

Quote from: 18WilliamsLi on September 05, 2023, 11:51:19 PMOh my god of course they take it out of service it happens all the time with the 82/87 brands regular ones doing it is 6968 6976 6978 6980 6982 6985
A platinum in limp mode hardly moves, most drivers even refuse to return them to garage, they certainly never leave garage in limp mode

18WilliamsLi

Quote from: Tony on September 06, 2023, 02:41:02 PMA platinum in limp mode hardly moves, most drivers even refuse to return them to garage, they certainly never leave garage in limp mode
They go into limp mode halfway during day and of course they take it out of service they drive it straight back to garage or park up and wait for a engineer to come out 

MW

Cummins specific but I imagine it's similar across the board.

Scenario 1:
When the vehicle runs out of Adblue (something which I reckon is very rare at NX), power is restricted, so it's slow accelerating but will eventually reach speed limits.

Scenario 2:
When the vehicle is switched off during a regen (there's usually a warning on the dash indicating that exhaust temperatures are hot when this is taking place), the vehicle when restarted may fall into Limp mode, resulting in the vehicle hardly moving (restricted to between 8-15km/h.)

PB50

I hear kids on the Beechdale have smashed the drivers wing mirror tonight as he went past them by throwing a stone at it. Don't know the number of the bus though.

Dom

QuoteA platinum in limp mode hardly moves, most drivers even refuse to return them to garage, they certainly never leave garage in limp mode
I once had a 66 plate go into limp mode on me. Stranded it straight away, not safe to drive.

There's a big difference between a bus being slow and being in limp mode. 803 and 867 used to be dreadfully slow pulling away and picking up speed, they weren't in limp mode though.

West_Brom/WalsallBusGeek

Sorry, what exactly is "limp mode"?
5/51/X51/529

Stu

My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

18WilliamsLi

Any idea why 6739 is parked in Wednesbury bus station 

spacecowboy150

So how come on youtube everyone says slow buses are limp? does noone know this misconception?

Quote from: spacecowboy150 on September 26, 2023, 08:29:13 PMSo how come on youtube everyone says slow buses are limp? does noone know this misconception?
Not up to speed with today's youth's use of slang, so a slow bus means LIMP then, what's a fast one then? etc etc 
in my world a slow bus we say its a shed/shite / shopping trolley even 

Jack

@Owen, not noteworthy at all, it's just off it's branded route.

Quote from: Jack on September 27, 2023, 05:44:58 PM@Owen, not noteworthy at all, it's just off it's branded route.
Normally a B7RLE or E200 I think.
Looking at bus times history that evening 17:15 working looks to be a B7RLE daily.
https://bustimes.org/services/x15-birmingham-sutton-coldfield-via-erdington/vehicles?date=2023-09-27

The scanias used to be used on there a lot. Not so much these days.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk