News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Walsall Garage

Started by Nathan4775, April 06, 2012, 06:52:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tomf1993

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on October 20, 2015, 08:43:06 PM
Thanks @Tomf1993 , Abeillio are taking over my favourite London route, the 159 in December with NB4L's from BC, if that is the case god help us all. Still don't know why the contract wasn't awarded to Arriva London, but that argument is for another place.

159 will be based at QB mate

Bob

Tomf1993

4105 is good like i said before, VOITH ALX yuck too slow, ZF is the best

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: Tomf1993 on October 20, 2015, 08:48:43 PM
159 will be based at QB mate

Didn't think Battersea Had enough room for it?
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

Tony

Quote from: Tomf1993 on October 20, 2015, 08:38:45 PM
Cheers for the info @Tony   :) btw yes Abellio London Buses are a death trap waiting to happen lol, fires, breakdowns, defect on every vehicles which dont get fixed.... thats the abellio way mate, speak to any driver at Walworth and they will tell you lots of stories, not just WL, QB, BC,

Oh yes, Canteen gossip, off course!

I think you'll find TfL do very comprehensive checks on their contractors

Bryan

Quote from: Tomf1993 on October 20, 2015, 08:38:45 PM
Cheers for the info @Tony   :) btw yes Abellio London Buses are a death trap waiting to happen lol, fires, breakdowns, defect on every vehicles which dont get fixed.... thats the abellio way mate, speak to any driver at Walworth and they will tell you lots of stories, not just WL, QB, BC,

I sincerely doubt any of that about Abellio. If it was true they wouldn't have an operators licence or have Transport for London bus contracts.

It would be nice if people reported facts and not hearsay.

Tomf1993

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on October 20, 2015, 08:50:27 PM
Didn't think Battersea Had enough room for it?

Battersea is huge they have space, they have stored E200s TA DART RM and the rest of the junk will have to move out though. plus BC is being rebuilt. bus garages always look bigger then they are.  Stu have you see GAL Q at night lol their buses are all lined up down camberwell station road and out on to camberwell new road its funny lol no cars can pass down station road. all garages have this run in problems

Tomf1993

Quote from: Bryan on October 20, 2015, 08:57:21 PM
I sincerely doubt any of that about Abellio. If it was true they wouldn't have an operators licence or have Transport for London bus contracts.

It would be nice if people reported facts and not hearsay.

Its facts, its not like major defects like that ofcourse. its more mechanically to do with the buses, like wipers dont have fluiq in it, over reving gear boxes, rear light bulbs gone, etc ect loads silyl things which can be fixed in 5 mins..

Liberator9

None of those issues likely to lead to being a death trap....so hardly a need to be defamatory towards Abellio.

Liverpool Street

I legit didn't know Walsall was in London. Even more interesting is Abellio running in Birmingham with PG9's??

Amazing, isn't it @Tony

Back on topic.
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

Tony

Quote from: Tomf1993 on October 20, 2015, 09:04:24 PM
Its facts, its not like major defects like that ofcourse. its more mechanically to do with the buses, like wipers dont have fluiq in it, over reving gear boxes, rear light bulbs gone, etc ect loads silyl things which can be fixed in 5 mins..

I am in Battersea garage regularly, see my photos I have posted of the Abellio fleet. Any of those defects are found by the driver on his 'walk around check' same as all bus companies do and are fixed before the bus leaves garage. If they are on the road with them it is the drivers own fault for not defecting the bus before leaving the garage.

Battersea is not being rebuilt, it is so short of space that NX are allowed to use spare space to park coaches on layover, anf the Routemaster and other junk you refer to is run by a private company who rend yard space of Abellio

Bob

Quote from: Tomf1993 on October 20, 2015, 08:49:33 PM

The Voith tridents aren't too bad tbf. I've been on better voith alx volvos as well but that one today was awful.  They are generally slower than the zf ones though,  have to say I prefer the sound of the Voith tho, think the zf ones sound pretty dull and theyve got the vrt/fleetline-esque whine in top gear

Tony

Quote from: Tomf1993 on October 20, 2015, 08:49:33 PM

You really are posting some rubbish tonight

Bob

Why Tony? I found 4105 good too. From a passenger point of view  so to speak

Adam 404

@Bob I think Tony is referring to the clogging up of posts and gossip. You had already mentioned 4105 and doesn't really need the same views being said.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk