News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

The New NXWM App

Started by PinkBus, November 01, 2018, 03:52:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

I love Walsall buses

Some of the Walsall routes are not tracking on there

Solo1

Quote from: busboy31 on November 10, 2018, 08:57:32 PM
is there a live bus fleet?
no only shows where the bus is on the route they may add what buses are on the said route as some time but not sure

MasterPlan

Is anybody else's app not working properly of late? Mine doesn't seem to be tracking most buses with live times. Additionally it seems to add random times in, like on Sunday it also had Saturday's scheduled times in for some reason.
Local Routes: 002, 39/39A, X21, 46, 76.
Localish Routes: 18, 23, X22.

DJ

Quote from: MasterPlan on December 05, 2018, 10:06:30 PM
Is anybody else's app not working properly of late? Mine doesn't seem to be tracking most buses with live times. Additionally it seems to add random times in, like on Sunday it also had Saturday's scheduled times in for some reason.

I've experienced the tracking not working quite a few times on the WA 11/11A recently, however when I've checked on Google Maps, their live info seems to be working and accurate.

Any views/comments are my own and do not reflect those of my employer.

Stu

Quote from: MasterPlan on December 05, 2018, 10:06:30 PM

Yeah, same here, it does indeed seem to be showing scheduled information for Saturday timetables, alongside the live times.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

cardew

It is a little hit and miss, but much more stable of late. The times don't always match up with the live positions of the buses - for some reason routes such as 27, which I have tried it out on the most, don't seem to have the real-time stop "times" - and there is no green broadcast icon showing on the app - but the bus positions are accurate so you can better judge from those  rather than the times shown. Needs time to bed in I guess.

Mike K

I'm still finding the new app to be either wildly inaccurate, or at times, a work of complete fiction. I captured the screenshot below while waiting for the bus at the Broad Street / Sheepcote Street stop this evening.

In what way is that first bus 14 minutes from the stop?

It actually turned up 4 minutes later but I can't see how the app can be that wildly inaccurate. The old app and the tracking info at the stop itself were no better. According to them, the bus in front of that had been due in 3 minutes but that counted down to bus "due" only for it to disappear off the face of the earth.

All very frustrating when you're freezing your knackers off waiting in this weather.

Quote from: Mike K on January 29, 2019, 08:31:08 PM
I'm still finding the new app to be either wildly inaccurate, or at times, a work of complete fiction. I captured the screenshot below while waiting for the bus at the Broad Street / Sheepcote Street stop this evening.
Not all the time. The few times i've used it on the 11 and X2, i've found it to be accurate and haven't had a problem with it.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Trident 4194

It actually turned up 4 minutes later but I can't see how the app can be that wildly inaccurate. The old app and the tracking info at the stop itself were no better. According to them, the bus in front of that had been due in 3 minutes but that counted down to bus "due" only for it to disappear off the face of the earth.

All very frustrating when you're freezing your knackers off waiting in this weather.

Interestingly enough I use the nwm app and that has also been incredibly immaculate over the past week, with some journeys not tracking at all. The same thing has been happening to me using a different app! Buses say 8 minutes then turn up 30 seconds later!

sonic84

I was at the same stop a couple of weeks back and noticed the tracking from times due on the actual stop were off with buses disappearing or physically arriving.

Pretty sure it also showed the 126 as due at one point when that stops at the adjacent stopm

PinkBus

It looks as if the app that actually tracks buses is no longer available on Google. I tried to download it to my husband's phone yesterday as he has changed jobs, now working in Wednesbury and needs to know the Times of the early 79 and 89s. As I have the tracking app, I've been tracking the buses and texting him, he wanted to try it out for himself, but when I downloaded it, it was the old app and I couldn't find the other all on Google play.
Just sitting here
Watching the Outer Circle buses
Go round and round...

CL

Quote from: PinkBus on January 30, 2019, 05:39:50 AM
It looks as if the app that actually tracks buses is no longer available on Google. I tried to download it to my husband's phone yesterday as he has changed jobs, now working in Wednesbury and needs to know the Times of the early 79 and 89s. As I have the tracking app, I've been tracking the buses and texting him, he wanted to try it out for himself, but when I downloaded it, it was the old app and I couldn't find the other all on Google play.
Same here. Semmingly disappeared from the app store. I wanted to do a reinstall of the app, as whenever I start it up on my new phone, it always throws me back to my home screen.

I surmise it's temporary, as there were many issues in its first deployment which NX may wish to iron out. That's my guess, anyway.
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

DJ

Quote from: CL on January 30, 2019, 09:40:48 AM
Same here. Semmingly disappeared from the app store. I wanted to do a reinstall of the app, as whenever I start it up on my new phone, it always throws me back to my home screen.

I surmise it's temporary, as there were many issues in its first deployment which NX may wish to iron out. That's my guess, anyway.

I got told 'We're going to make some changes to the app based on your feedback starting this Thursday' in an email after taking part in a survey on the app a while ago.

Any views/comments are my own and do not reflect those of my employer.

GeminiFan1991

I use the app on the daily basis and while it isn't perfect, its been working sufficiently well enough for me to rely most of the time. I've yet to use this "upgraded" version. What does the new app offer over the old version ? A friend of mine upgraded a while back and mentioned a few issues so I refrained from updating.
Please check out my Bus Photos @

https://www.flickr.com/photos/128406405@N06/

Quote from: GeminiFan1991 on January 30, 2019, 05:16:41 PM
I use the app on the daily basis and while it isn't perfect, its been working sufficiently well enough for me to rely most of the time. I've yet to use this "upgraded" version. What does the new app offer over the old version ? A friend of mine upgraded a while back and mentioned a few issues so I refrained from updating.
It has a map showing where the buses are on the route, when you select the stop and route. E.G if the bus is on the X2 and is at Yardley Swan, then a bus symbol shows up there. I've not personally had a problem with it and its worked sufficiently enough for me to rely on when i've been waiting for the X2 and it's informed me when the bus is nearby, but it seems others have had issues with it.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk