News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

West Midlands Bus joint routes

Started by Westy, September 03, 2018, 06:51:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Westy

Don't know how noticeable it is during the day when both operators seem to operate fairly frequently, so people would wait for a certain operator(God knows why obviously!), but the early mornings & evening services would be more noticeable, for example the last 31 to Mossley at 2315 was an NX operation, but is now Diamond, while the last 32 to Lower Farm is still NX!

Ginger66

Someone at Diamond have let slip that the 40 is the next route.

MW

So I had some passengers try and board my (Diamond) 50 on Sunday using NX daysavers. I told them that they're not valid only to be accused of "chatting shit" and that you can apparently use both NX and Diamond tickets on any of the operators vehicles. Looked at there tickets and they actually had some sort of Walsall daysaver which I presume they'd have purchased on the 51/X51, and I'm presuming they're referring to the 31/32 routes.

So there's people who think you can catch any Diamond bus with a NX daysaver now.

Kevin

Quote from: MW on September 18, 2018, 12:11:44 AM
So I had some passengers try and board my (Diamond) 50 on Sunday using NX daysavers. I told them that they're not valid only to be accused of "chatting shit" and that you can apparently use both NX and Diamond tickets on any of the operators vehicles. Looked at there tickets and they actually had some sort of Walsall daysaver which I presume they'd have purchased on the 51/X51, and I'm presuming they're referring to the 31/32 routes.

So there's people who think you can catch any Diamond bus with a NX daysaver now.

So presumably you being someone who doesn't care about rules or enforcement just let them get away with it?
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

Westy

Quote from: Kevin on September 18, 2018, 07:09:48 AM
So presumably you being someone who doesn't care about rules or enforcement just let them get away with it?

Has he?

Westy

Diamond 30924 branded for 42 / 43 in Walsall Hatherton Road this evening.

Whether it was on 31/32's or a different route I dont know.

I love Walsall buses

Quote from: Westy on September 20, 2018, 06:06:46 PM
Diamond 30924 branded for 42 / 43 in Walsall Hatherton Road this evening.

Whether it was on 31/32's or a different route I dont know.
When I saw it it was on a 32 at about 16:00

Westy

So is that the first off route branded bus on these joint routes then?

Michael Bevan

Quote from: Westy on September 20, 2018, 08:35:05 PM
So is that the first off route branded bus on these joint routes then?

I think so with the WMB liveried vehicles on WMB routes. However a couple of WMB liveried vehicles have got off route today with 2125 being on WA70A and 814 being on WB5. There has been a couple of route branded buses on WMB routes too, with a 51 branded E40D being on the 31 the other day.

I love Walsall buses

Simon told me that there's 11 buses painted into the new livery out of 13 another One supposed to be done tomorrow and added there's 5 buses for the 42/43 and 7 for the 31/32 there will be unusual allocations tomorrow as the the 31/32 buses will start to be branded and will be rotated between the buses so expect some unusual allocations for the next week or so

Westy

Quote from: Michael Bevan on September 20, 2018, 08:41:34 PM
I think so with the WMB liveried vehicles on WMB routes. However a couple of WMB liveried vehicles have got off route today with 2125 being on WA70A and 814 being on WB5. There has been a couple of route branded buses on WMB routes too, with a 51 branded E40D being on the 31 the other day.

There was a red Wmb on the 11 / 11a today.

mikestone

4606 on the 32 this morning - can all Walsall buses issue the relevant Diamond tickets?

Tony

Quote from: mikestone on September 24, 2018, 02:01:19 PM
4606 on the 32 this morning - can all Walsall buses issue the relevant Diamond tickets?

Yes, all company ticket machines are capable of issuing every possible ticket from every garage. What they can issue on the day depends on the running board number entered by the driver

Westy

https://www.networkwestmidlands.com/ways-to-travel/bus/changes-to-services-301-302/

What should be available.

Please note for a few days, Service 32 is departing from Stand H at St Pauls, while they do some work on the usual stand!

I love Walsall buses

Quote from: Westy on September 24, 2018, 05:40:39 PM
https://www.networkwestmidlands.com/ways-to-travel/bus/changes-to-services-301-302/

What should be available.

Please note for a few days, Service 32 is departing from Stand H at St Pauls, while they do some work on the usual stand!
To do with some cracks on the floor paths

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk