News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

West Midlands Bus joint routes

Started by Westy, September 03, 2018, 06:51:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

I love Walsall buses

Quote from: Winston on September 08, 2018, 06:12:02 PM
What makes you think NX will be happy to give Diamond 4M working's?
Well didn't diamond run it before but not the number 4M but another number

Sh4318

Quote from: I love Walsall buses on September 08, 2018, 11:36:22 PM

No, they began running between Walsall & Merry Hill when the 4M was introduced.

You may be referring to the 417, between Hayley Green & West Bromwich, Diamond essentially joined the 4 & 417 to create their version of the 4H
Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

I love Walsall buses

Quote from: Sh4318 on September 08, 2018, 11:51:38 PM
No, they began running between Walsall & Merry Hill when the 4M was introduced.

You may be referring to the 417, between Hayley Green & West Bromwich, Diamond essentially joined the 4 & 417 to create their version of the 4H
Oh ok thanks mate

midlandred2003

It was originally 217 in bham coach days.

winston

Quote from: I love Walsall buses on September 08, 2018, 11:36:22 PM

It is a commercial route solely operated by NXWM, they aren't going to just give away a portion of the revenue if there's nothing in it for them.

The current routes jointly operated resources were equally matched & both operators have benefitted from Pvr / Cost Savings which should mean they are more profitable.

MW

Kind of relevant. For the last few weeks, the tickets issued on the Diamond 50 say West Midlands Bus and not Diamond. At least on the Sunday service operates out of Redditch.

Matt.N0056

Quote from: MW on September 09, 2018, 11:43:40 AM
Kind of relevant. For the last few weeks, the tickets issued on the Diamond 50 say West Midlands Bus and not Diamond. At least on the Sunday service operates out of Redditch.

With the driving I've done last week I've noticed it on various routes but not all the time. Some were printing it on Solihull's  & some journeys on the 75...

Westy

Got to the Walsall 31 / 32 stop for approx 1330.

Nothing appeared until approx 1355, when a Diamond displaying 301 turned up.

I know theres a diversion in bound in Walsall(St Pauls Street closed!) but surely not to the extent of that sort of delay on a Sunday?

Tony

Quote from: Westy on September 09, 2018, 01:57:31 PM
Got to the Walsall 31 / 32 stop for approx 1330.

Nothing appeared until approx 1355, when a Diamond displaying 301 turned up.

I know theres a diversion in bound in Walsall(St Pauls Street closed!) but surely not to the extent of that sort of delay on a Sunday?

The NX 13:10 31 left 20 late at 13:30
The NX 13:35 32 left 19 late at 13:54

DJ

Does anyone know what typeface is used for the 'West Midlands Bus' logo text, and other branding?

Any views/comments are my own and do not reflect those of my employer.

Simon Dunn

Quote from: SL 16 YPN on September 08, 2018, 07:18:33 PM
It's a TfWM idea not NXs if they wanted to reduce PVR they would have asked to do more of these co op routes.

I don't diamond were too thrilled with the idea.
@Simon Dunn how is new WM bus working well on the 42/3?

I am not sure what the question is.  We are operate a dfferent route, to a lower PVR.  It is early days.  There are some teething issues.  I think both operators buses look good.   

Westy

Think some more education of the travelling public is needed.

While on the 11a this evening(See the late running thread for that one!), I got talking to this woman.

Turned out she lived in the Dudleys Fields area & used either the 70 or 31.

She only had a NX pass.

I told her she could use that pass on the Diamond 31, but she wasn't aware!

I love Walsall buses

Quote from: Westy on September 12, 2018, 09:19:20 PM
Think some more education of the travelling public is needed.

While on the 11a this evening(See the late running thread for that one!), I got talking to this woman.

Turned out she lived in the Dudleys Fields area & used either the 70 or 31.

She only had a NX pass.

I told her she could use that pass on the Diamond 31, but she wasn't aware!
A lot of people aren't aware I Over heard this man saying he's been waiting fifteen minutes for a diamond to come and then a bus station surpervisor said you can get on any bus to Mossley or lower farm with whatever bus pass or ticket you've got and he said I wish drivers or the website would inform you then I thought there was plenty of notices everywhere on websites on the buses even on the bus station stand so what a bad excuse

Quote from: I love Walsall buses on September 12, 2018, 09:35:17 PM
A lot of people aren't aware I Over heard this man saying he's been waiting fifteen minutes for a diamond to come and then a bus station surpervisor said you can get on any bus to Mossley or lower farm with whatever bus pass or ticket you've got and he said I wish drivers or the website would inform you then I thought there was plenty of notices everywhere on websites on the buses even on the bus station stand so what a bad excuse
Because lots of people don't look on the website or read the notices - the person you mentioned and the one @Westy mentioned more than likely haven't looked at the website or read the notices so they are unaware.
I imagine they are also so used to the drivers saying they can only use there pass on certain buses in the past, that they haven't tried to get on the other bus so they haven't realised.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

I love Walsall buses

Quote from: 2206 on September 12, 2018, 09:38:28 PM
Because lots of people don't look on the website or read the notices - the person you mentioned and the one @Westy mentioned more than likely haven't looked at the website or read the notices so they are unaware.
I imagine they are also so used to the drivers saying they can only use there pass on certain buses in the past, that they haven't tried to get on the other bus so they haven't realised.
You have got a point there

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk