News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

West Midlands Bus joint routes

Started by Westy, September 03, 2018, 06:51:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Westy

Has Diamond ever operated a version of the 4M?

Stu

As a concept, limiting this to the 31/32 and 42/43 co-operation is the best outcome for now, in order to assess how things work out for both operators.

It would be foolish to try and rush together any other co-operations.

I would guess it may be six months to a year before any further developments happen, that should be enough time for both operators and TfWM to assess matters.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

winston

Quote from: Straightlines on September 08, 2018, 06:36:22 PM
What makes you think they wouldn't?

They are continuously looking for cost saving opportunities and PVR reduction.

It's not cost savings and Pvr reductions though, it would be revenue sharing.

Straightlines

Quote from: Winston on September 08, 2018, 06:56:06 PM
It's not cost savings and Pvr reductions though, it would be revenue sharing.

That's very debatable

winston

Quote from: Straightlines on September 08, 2018, 07:12:26 PM
That's very debatable

Not in the case of the 4M which we were actually talking about.

The 42/43 & 31/32 have benefitted both operators through Pvr reductions & cost savings.

BK63 YWP

That's very debatable

It's a TfWM idea not NXs if they wanted to reduce PVR they would have asked to do more of these co op routes.

I don't diamond were too thrilled with the idea.
@Simon Dunn how is new WM bus working well on the 42/3?
The Funny sounding Enviro 400

15 Wolverhampton to Merry Hill
15A Wolverhampton Merry Hill
16 Wolverhampton to Stourbridge

X10 Gornal Wood

metrocity

That's very debatable
The first two have both resulted in PVR savings I think (both operators). It all sounds abit anti competive to me but I presume TFWM have carried out the relevant tests?

Straightlines

Quote from: metrocity on September 08, 2018, 07:21:27 PM
The first two have both resulted in PVR savings I think (both operators). It all sounds but anti competive to me but I presume TFWM have carried out the relevant tests?

You would assume so.

I understand the 4 was the initial route that this was looked at for a partnership, but they have ultimately moved on to the 42/43, 31/32. However, I bow to the superior knowledge of @Winston as I clearly have no idea what I'm on about!

Sh4318

Quote from: Westy on September 08, 2018, 06:37:50 PM
Has Diamond ever operated a version of the 4M?

They operated it briefly when it was introduced at an hourly frequency
Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

metrocity

Quote from: Straightlines on September 08, 2018, 07:24:57 PM
You would assume so.

I understand the 4 was the initial route that this was looked at for a partnership, but they have ultimately moved on to the 42/43, 31/32. However, I bow to the superior knowledge of @Winston as I clearly have no idea what I'm on about!

I would assume nothing as far as TFWM is concerned

winston

Quote from: Straightlines on September 08, 2018, 07:24:57 PM
You would assume so.

The 4 was initially the corridor being looked at for co-ordinated joint operation. But as the topic of discussion related to Diamond  operating on the 4M, I don't know why your getting your knickers in a twist, one day we may see you post something positive instead of all the negativity!

Trident 4194

Quote from: Winston on September 08, 2018, 07:56:54 PM
The 4 was initially the corridor being looked at for co-ordinated joint operation. But as the topic of discussion related to Diamond  operating on the 4M, I don't know why your getting your knickers in a twist, one day we may see you post something positive instead of all the negativity!

The 4 corridor both operate correct? The 4H corridor diamond offer 4 buses per hour nx 3 buses per hour. And diamond start earlier more frequently. The 4M corridor diamond could take up if tfwm offered? It's only the same as diamond extending to Dudley on the 42. I've heard that the 4/4H/4M will be operated by tfwm.

Kevin

Quote from: Trident 4194 on September 08, 2018, 08:39:02 PM
The 4 corridor both operate correct? The 4H corridor diamond offer 4 buses per hour nx 3 buses per hour. And diamond start earlier more frequently. The 4M corridor diamond could take up if tfwm offered? It's only the same as diamond extending to Dudley on the 42. I've heard that the 4/4H/4M will be operated by tfwm.

He has a valid point.
I think though there is logic in keeping the concept on local routes like the 42/43 & 31/32 as a trial, perhaps the 40 would be a logical extension of that trial
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

Straightlines

Quote from: Kevin on September 08, 2018, 09:03:05 PM
He has a valid point.
I think though there is logic in keeping the concept on local routes like the 42/43 & 31/32 as a trial, perhaps the 40 would be a logical extension of that trial

Apologies if it has, I haven't seen personally but has it been confirmed anywhere as an actual 'trial'?

It is going to be very hard to revert back if it is actually a trial.

metrocity

Quote from: Straightlines on September 08, 2018, 09:40:09 PM
Apologies if it has, I haven't seen personally but has it been confirmed anywhere as an actual 'trial'?

It is going to be very hard to revert back if it is actually a trial.
"Soft Launch" was the term used - whatever that means

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk