News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

West Midlands Bus joint routes

Started by Westy, September 03, 2018, 06:51:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Westy

Thought I'd start a separate thread for the joint Nx / Diamond services 31,32, 42, 43 & 43a, to save posting in 2 different places.

Any comments/observations etc for these services ONLY for this thread.

For now, no comments on the vehicle allocation, as it's obvious not all the vehicle's are ready for service.

I'll kick off with the following :

According to a comment on FaceBook, the first 32 from Lower Farm didnt run on Sunday at 904am, passengers having to wait for the 934am instead.

Both journeys,according to the timetable, were down as Diamond runs.

I went out this morning for the Nx 0640 32, arriving by me normally about 0648, but the previous Diamond  31 from Mossley arrived late instead.

(One of my fellow waiting passengers informed me that, that particular Diamond driver was a bit dopey.

I prefer to use the phrase 'Not exactly clued up'!)

The Nx 32 was observed following shortly behind.

Would it be a good idea for the first couple  of weeks or so, for Nx & Diamond staff to be visible at strategic points on route, to advise, as at least one set of passengers let the Diamond go past, thinking they couldn't catch it?

Solo1

How many buses are used on 31/32 by nx bus  & diamond

Westy

Quote from: Solo1 on September 03, 2018, 07:17:38 PM
How many buses are used on 31/32 by nx bus  & diamond

Don't know exactly how many, but I suspect the vehicle requirement has gone down for both operators, as there's no longer a 'main' NX service & 'duplicate' Diamond service!

(There's no 'busy' NX bus & no 'quieter' Diamond bus now, which came in useful!)

winston

Quote from: Westy on September 03, 2018, 09:33:58 PM
Don't know exactly how many, but I suspect the vehicle requirement has gone down for both operators, as there's no longer a 'main' NX service & 'duplicate' Diamond service!

(There's no 'busy' NX bus & no 'quieter' Diamond bus now, which came in useful!)

I believe it is 6 each for the 42/43 & 8 each for the 31/32

MasterPlan

This may be a stupid question but I haven't been keeping track of this. Does this mean that Diamond and NX combined will equal an every 3 min frequency on the 31/32 or is that just for NX and Diamomd have their own frequency still?
Local Routes: 002, 39/39A, X21, 46, 76.
Localish Routes: 18, 23, X22.

I love Walsall buses

Quote from: MasterPlan on September 04, 2018, 06:43:35 AM
This may be a stupid question but I haven't been keeping track of this. Does this mean that Diamond and NX combined will equal an every 3 min frequency on the 31/32 or is that just for NX and Diamomd have their own frequency still?
Its every 3 minutes diamond and NX combined between Walsall and bloxwich

mikestone

Every 4, alternating betweeen Diamond and NXWM on the 31 and every 10 on the 32 with Diamond running one an hour, having done the obvious thing - looking at Traveline.

Steve3229vp

Quote from: I love Walsall buses on September 04, 2018, 02:05:50 PM
Its every 3 minutes diamond and NX combined between Walsall and bloxwich

Quote from: mikestone on September 04, 2018, 03:35:30 PM
Every 4, alternating betweeen Diamond and NXWM on the 31 and every 10 on the 32 with Diamond running one an hour, having done the obvious thing - looking at Traveline.

You're both right and wrong, both operators provide 18 buses and our which is every 3-4 minutes

Westy

At least one Diamond vehicle can only display 302, unless the driver hit the wrong button when setting the destination display!

I love Walsall buses

Quote from: Westy on September 04, 2018, 07:14:05 PM
At least one Diamond vehicle can only display 302, unless the driver hit the wrong button when setting the destination display!
I just saw that very odd

Ginger66

Which routes are next to get joint operated.

I love Walsall buses

Quote from: Ginger66 on September 07, 2018, 07:49:25 PM
Which routes are next to get joint operated.
Guess we are have to wait and see probably none for a couple of years then probably the 29 lol imagine that

MasterPlan

I do wonder, if this joint route venture does become a success, whether more routes might be duplicated. And by that I mean routes that aren't currently, like a diamond 17 to Tile Cross or something like that for example.
Local Routes: 002, 39/39A, X21, 46, 76.
Localish Routes: 18, 23, X22.

I love Walsall buses

Quote from: MasterPlan on September 07, 2018, 08:14:17 PM
I do wonder, if this joint route venture does become a success, whether more routes might be duplicated. And by that I mean routes that aren't currently, like a diamond 17 to Tile Cross or something like that for example.
Imagine IGO and claribels on the 167/8

Jack

Quote from: MasterPlan on September 07, 2018, 08:14:17 PM
There use to be Diamomd and NX on the 17, but they withdrew it around the end of 2012/early 2013.
If it works I'd think the 40 would be a candidate.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk